Moarr Pictarz: Custom built exhaust with LT Headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by Craigo
You are welcome, muhaha! Def take pics of the creation of those bad boys. Get them ceramic coated also!
Yeah i definitly will i had no plans of doing this and i just so happen to have problem with my pulley so i called to clean that up and asked about the headers and could not pass up the off that they gave me. Car will be towed there tomorrow and i am stoked ill try and get them to take some pics of the build before and after. Also have u had any trouble or check engine lights since the install with out the cats?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55K, Duc 848
Originally Posted by bnzuovr
Yeah i definitly will i had no plans of doing this and i just so happen to have problem with my pulley so i called to clean that up and asked about the headers and could not pass up the off that they gave me. Car will be towed there tomorrow and i am stoked ill try and get them to take some pics of the build before and after. Also have u had any trouble or check engine lights since the install with out the cats?
Your supercharger pulley? Did you get a new bearing? Hopefully they will take some pics for you! I'll have a video up here soon - I have to contact my friend who had the camera while we took our little trip up to CT.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Your supercharger pulley? Did you get a new bearing? Hopefully they will take some pics for you! I'll have a video up here soon - I have to contact my friend who had the camera while we took our little trip up to CT.
no crank pulley had some play in it so i sent it back to asp so they could check it out and see if it needed to be replaced or not. And put a video up asap im excited to hear how that thing sounds!!!! from what ive been seeing long tubes as far as on the stock 55's dynoed at some were between 40 to 50 RWHP and bout 40 Rwtq. Do you think from how your car feels its around those numbers?
Old 04-06-2010, 10:12 AM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
Originally Posted by bnzuovr
no crank pulley had some play in it so i sent it back to asp so they could check it out and see if it needed to be replaced or not. And put a video up asap im excited to hear how that thing sounds!!!! from what ive been seeing long tubes as far as on the stock 55's dynoed at some were between 40 to 50 RWHP and bout 40 Rwtq. Do you think from how your car feels its around those numbers?
I think it would be accurate to say that about the power gain. I'll find out in a few hours as I have a tentative appointment to hop on a dyno that I base lined on a few months back. Just depends if they have a few minutes to get me on the rollers! So i'll be back here to post that info in a few hours!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Looks great !! Use their GOPRO and get some HD sound of that bad-@$$ exhaust setup.

HD Sound clips or ban !!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
That is a great looking set-up. Definitely in for sound clips!!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:54 PM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
Just got back from the dyno. I will post graphs tomorrow. Still waiting on the video from one of my buddys for the sound clip! Let me say something... The A/F ratios are pretty scary with the current "tune" I have. I will not install the bigger crank pulley til these issues are resolved with a custom tune in the next few weeks. Tuning doesn't involve blocking channels...
Old 04-07-2010, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
Just got back from the dyno. I will post graphs tomorrow. Still waiting on the video from one of my buddys for the sound clip! Let me say something... The A/F ratios are pretty scary with the current "tune" I have. I will not install the bigger crank pulley til these issues are resolved with a custom tune in the next few weeks. Tuning doesn't involve blocking channels...
I have no idea what you mean by that. Can you explain?
Old 04-07-2010, 05:29 PM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
Originally Posted by lowprofile
I have no idea what you mean by that. Can you explain?
Changing algorithms in a HEX editor to disable channels that have sensors/signals that let you know maybe if the engine is knocking. Or another example is to disable a channel so it doesn't pull timing if the IATs are too high.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:33 PM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
Here is the dyno, I'll scan the other one that has the A/F ratio relative to engine RPM, this one is relative to speed... Not too good if you ask me. I did see some solid gains though with the Supersprint Longtube Headers, and custom exhaust work. Still waiting on video. I think I could have had more WHP if the shop wasn't friggin' 90 Degrees Fahrenheit. I had 93 Pump in the gas tank, and all pulls were from 3rd gear in dyno mode. I'm for sure going with a different tuner than who I currently have flashed on my ECU.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
How many dyno runs did you do after the installs?
Old 04-07-2010, 05:54 PM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
How many dyno runs did you do after the installs?
We just strapped it on and went, we did about 5 straight pulls.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
Changing algorithms in a HEX editor to disable channels that have sensors/signals that let you know maybe if the engine is knocking. Or another example is to disable a channel so it doesn't pull timing if the IATs are too high.
Ruhhhh roooohhh....This sounds familiar.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:35 AM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
Originally Posted by 930chas
Ruhhhh roooohhh....This sounds familiar.
I bet it does... Also to be HEX Editing ECU's these days is like technology of the past. I would only HEX Edit an ECU if it was a spare ecu for a car, and I would most likely only HEX Edit out stupid channels like the CEL (for running no cats on a said car), and Immobilizer so I could just drop the ECU in whatever car without issues.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
... Immobilizer so I could just drop the ECU in whatever car without issues.
they wouldn't want that to happen. since people would be selling ECUs like back in our VW days
Old 04-09-2010, 09:52 AM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
Originally Posted by prodigymb
they wouldn't want that to happen. since people would be selling ECUs like back in our VW days
Yup, still is pretty big in that scene and audi too! Def don't want that happening.... but it can be done.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
I bet it does... Also to be HEX Editing ECU's these days is like technology of the past. I would only HEX Edit an ECU if it was a spare ecu for a car, and I would most likely only HEX Edit out stupid channels like the CEL (for running no cats on a said car), and Immobilizer so I could just drop the ECU in whatever car without issues.
Is this with the Eurocharged tune?
Old 04-09-2010, 01:08 PM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
Originally Posted by pearlpower
Is this with the Eurocharged tune?
Yes the dyno graph just posted is with the Eurocharged Stage 1 Flash. Stock crank pulley installed. Not installing the 180MM ASP/Eurocharged Crank Pulley til I get my car custom tuned by someone who actually knows the importance of A/F ratios in a FI car at WOT.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes the dyno graph just posted is with the Eurocharged Stage 1 Flash. Stock crank pulley installed. Not installing the 180MM ASP/Eurocharged Crank Pulley til I get my car custom tuned by someone who actually knows the importance of A/F ratios in a FI car at WOT.
Figured as much, I installed the 180mm pulley which I will add is nice and true, but the one day turn around on the ECU is now 5 days so I'm without a car because they shipped it back ground instead of the promised overnight.
I can see now why others are blowing up motors if sensor channels are being blocked. Very concerning.

But a question, was their flash setup taking into account your headers? Wouldn't this throw the A/F out of whack? We may need a new thread on this, sorry OP.

Last edited by pearlpower; 04-09-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Whos gonna tune it and where is that sound clip?
Old 04-09-2010, 01:28 PM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
Figured as much, I installed the 180mm pulley which I will add is nice and true, but the one day turn around on the ECU is now 5 days so I'm without a car because they shipped it back ground instead of the promised overnight.
I can see now why others are blowing up motors if sensor channels are being blocked. Very concerning.

But a question, was their flash setup for your headers? Wouldn't this throw the A/F out of whack? We may need a new thread of this, sorry OP.
The simple install of headers/custom exhaust should not effect the A/F ratio to run the numbers it showed. A constant 13.4-14.0 A/F ratio at WOT is more or less leaning the motor out (death from detonation). The optimal number for A/F ratio on a FI car should be a solid 11.8 to maybe tipping 12.1 at WOT.

As for the custom tune - I will let you know in a few weeks once we get done tuning the car on the dyno and the highways.

Emoving - Sound clip by sunday... i got ahold of my buddy with a really nice HD camera we're going to be putting together a video of in car sound/out of car sound, cruising, WOT, etc...!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
The simple install of headers/custom exhaust should not effect the A/F ratio to run the numbers it showed. A constant 13.4-14.0 A/F ratio at WOT is more or less leaning the motor out (death from detonation). The optimal number for A/F ratio on a FI car should be a solid 11.8 to maybe tipping 12.1 at WOT.

As for the custom tune - I will let you know in a few weeks once we get done tuning the car on the dyno and the highways.

Emoving - Sound clip by sunday... i got ahold of my buddy with a really nice HD camera we're going to be putting together a video of in car sound/out of car sound, cruising, WOT, etc...!!!

So the tune you had with the stock pully was not a good combo??? Lean????
Old 04-09-2010, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My last FI car was a 944T fixed up and I was running around 11.5 to 12 tops. 13-14 is ridiculous for FI. May I ask what you are using for a hex editor and cable? I know you can get Audi cables all day long on Ebay. Hell, Corvette owners email their tunes to each other.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:42 PM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
Originally Posted by emoving
So the tune you had with the stock pully was not a good combo??? Lean????
It feels okay... But the data shows otherwise. Very very very horrible A/F ratios like I keep repeating at WOT. I just can't wait to actually have a one off custom tune in the next few weeks. As soon as I jump that hurdle I will be more than willing to give more information and solid data once all the logging/tuning is complete. I have two wideband controllers in my car with an open tune box currently to make sure my engine doesn't go kaboom from this less than stellar tune right now.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:48 PM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
My last FI car was a 944T fixed up and I was running around 11.5 to 12 tops. 13-14 is ridiculous for FI. May I ask what you are using for a hex editor and cable? I know you can get Audi cables all day long on Ebay. Hell, Corvette owners email their tunes to each other.

Use whatever hex editor like Winhex. I would assume most OBD2 cables from Ross-Tech (used for VAG cars) should beable to access the ECU... I wouldn't go with an Ebay Audi cable as they have trouble communicating even with audi OBD2 features.

If i owned a corvette I think I could teach myself how to rewrite the whole ECU if it was that much of open forum/knowledge on ECU tuning with them...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Moarr Pictarz: Custom built exhaust with LT Headers