QUAIFE QDF9V SPECIAL PRICING!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Awesome pricing Bruce! Give me a call today because I have a question for ya.
Thanks bro!

I bet you do!

I'll buzz you later King Alan!
Old 04-07-2010, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
Sorry Sean. At this point I don't think it will work with your BEAST!!!

Trying to figure what we can do to harness all of that POWA!!!
Wow I'm surprised that the 600 and 65 don't come with LSD from the factory for as much as they cost when new (especially the 65)
Old 04-07-2010, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Sunir
Wow I'm surprised that the 600 and 65 don't come with LSD from the factory for as much as they cost when new (especially the 65)
The SL65 models are the only ones out of the 65 series that do come with an LSD.... but even then, they are equipped with only the standard AMG Performance Package LSD which comes with either 20% or 30% locking ratio depending on year I believe.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 04-07-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
clk500
will it work on a 2003 clk500
Old 04-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by buffyclk500
will it work on a 2003 clk500
Sorry but it will not work with your CLK500.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
^^^^^^^^Like Mo alluded to, OS Giken and RENNtech worked closely in developing the LSD for the 65 series cars. My OS Giken distributor has repeatedly tried to find out this info from the US office of OS, who tried to find out directly from RENNtech, and has had no luck. And RENNtech isn't helping out either!

I have a diagram that needs to be filled out with some very precise measurements once the 65 rear carrier is taken out of the car and the cover is removed to be able to cross reference the proper OS Giken Type to be used.

Anyone interested in this challenge?

Come on Dino, who is a S65 owner from Chicago! Get it done bro!

Quaife DOES NOT make a unit compatible with the 65 rear carrier!
Bruce, are you sure you are talking to the right RennTech? I heard they just delivered the first S65 2010 OS Giken limited slip and have recently sold a few others as well.

RennTech is King in that category.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Bruce, are you sure you are talking to the right RennTech? I heard they just delivered the first S65 2010 OS Giken limited slip and have recently sold a few others as well.

RennTech is King in that category.
They want to keep that info to themselves so that you have to buy it directly from them and pay way over list which is $3500 for all of the OS Giken LSD's whatever Type letter it is!

RENNtech is KING and, from my understanding, they developed it with OS Giken in JAPAN and not the company that is the US importer(part timers) who are actually Toyota employees!

Maybe I was talking to Runntech? jk Mo!

Last edited by TTMotorsports; 04-07-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
They want to keep that info to themselves so that you have to buy it directly from them and pay way over list which is $3500 for all of the OS Giken LSD's whatever Type letter it is!

RENNtech is KING and, from my understanding, they developed it with OS Giken in JAPAN and not the company that is the US importer(part timers) who are actually Toyota employees!

Maybe I was talking to Runntech? jk Mo!
Ouch..... I like that, but wait a second, you're a RennTech dealer too

And without RennTech's involvement in the project to create the differential, the toyota employees would still be trying to figure out how to get the Camry to stop
Old 04-07-2010, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Renntech is good but way too overpriced IMO...and they think it's only their way or the highway from what I garner they don't like selling things outside package form for upgrades...I've spoken with them a couple of times, both times they were arrogant, agressive, unkind, and condesending...dunno just my opinion
Old 04-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Renntech is good but way too overpriced IMO...and they think it's only their way or the highway from what I garner they don't like selling things outside package form for upgrades...I've spoken with them a couple of times, both times they were arrogant, agressive, unkind, and condesending...dunno just my opinion
Your opinion is right on bro. All of your adjectives describe only one person....BOB BRADY.

Am I correct?
Old 04-07-2010, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Interesting.... the few times I dealt with them, I had the exact opposite experience: they were extremely friendly and very helpful. And contrary to popular belief, they were willing to work with me on pricing, which they usually do based on your upgrades and individual situation

Last edited by MB_Forever; 04-07-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Thank you MBWorld and all of the members that have made this sale an INCREDIBLE success so far!

Depending on where you are located in the US, you will start seeing the Quaife ATB LSD's arriving tomorrow followed by the Motul.

Any questions? Just shoot me a PM!

Thanks again!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Great job Bruce in delivering a great product at a more affordable price . It makes you wonder when vendors were selling these things at a much higher price....
Old 04-08-2010, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
clk500
So no deals 4 a LSD for a clk500
Old 04-08-2010, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Damn this is tempting Bruce!!!

-m
Old 04-08-2010, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost

-m
Marcus, Quaife was one of the best mods I installed on my C32. It made the car a lot more fun at least on the road course and even a little bit on the straights.

Also, if you're ever thinking about going to the 180mm pulley, you will likely need Quaife or a stronger differential than the stock differential. Over the past 6 months, I've personally seen 3 fairly modded E55s go from having Xmm pulley to the new ASP 180 mm pulley break their stock differential live on the track..... needless to say, all 3 switched to Quaife now.

In addition, Quaife offers a lifetime warranty on the differential even when raced ........ yes, they challenge you to break it

I also like the OS Giken unit a lot because of all the positives I've been hearing about it although I have not personally tried the OS-Giken unit yet, I maybe giving it a try soon

Last edited by MB_Forever; 04-08-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Marcus, Quaife was one of the best mods I installed on my C32. It made the car a lot more fun at least on the road course and even a little bit on the straights.

Also, if you're ever thinking about going to the 180mm pulley, you will likely need Quaife or a stronger differential than the stock differential. Over the past 6 months, I've personally seen 3 fairly modded E55s go from having Xmm pulley to the new ASP 180 mm pulley break their stock differential live on the track..... needless to say, all 3 switched to Quaife now.

In addition, Quaife offers a lifetime warranty on the differential even when raced ........ yes, they challenge you to break it

I also like the OS Giken unit a lot because of all the positives I've been hearing about it although I have not personally tried the OS-Giken unit yet, I maybe giving it a try soon
I don't doubt it! After my 600 one of the most immediate differences I noticed when I drove the 65 was how much that LSD helps in every-day driving conditions. I know at the drag strip it's not going to make a huge difference but when you are on uneven surfaces, or making a turn and want to hammer it... the open diff and ESP crap is just so frustrating sometimes.

I am a big fan of OS Giken but Quaife is also very well respected and Bruce is w/o question one of the most reputable vendors on the forum... quite a great combo there.

BTW... I'm doing more than just the 180mm pulley!

-m
Old 04-08-2010, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Bruce,

Any idea how many hours of tech time the install would be at a shop? I'm one of those type of guys that doesn't know which end of a screw driver to use. I have an 03 SL55 so how can I tell if I need the QDF7V or the QDF9V? Will the VIN tell the story?

Last edited by cal1; 04-08-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:17 PM

P-Carro
Great stuff!! Could not resist so Picked mine up today Thanks Bruce!

Car not ready just yet but this is definitely a nice way to resume where i left off

LET the modding continue!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by cal1
Bruce,

Any idea how many hours of tech time the install would be at a shop? I'm one of those type of guys that doesn't know which end of a screw driver to use. I have an 03 SL55 so how can I tell if I need the QDF7V or the QDF9V? Will the VIN tell the story?
PM me your VIN and I will figure it out through the build sheet for your car.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!

-m
Marcus-

You know it's a no-brainer.

Maybe Nick can talk a little sense into you!

He should be calling your shortly!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I don't doubt it! After my 600 one of the most immediate differences I noticed when I drove the 65 was how much that LSD helps in every-day driving conditions. I know at the drag strip it's not going to make a huge difference but when you are on uneven surfaces, or making a turn and want to hammer it... the open diff and ESP crap is just so frustrating sometimes.

I am a big fan of OS Giken but Quaife is also very well respected and Bruce is w/o question one of the most reputable vendors on the forum... quite a great combo there.

BTW... I'm doing more than just the 180mm pulley!

-m
I knew you couldn't keep the beast tamed for too long
Old 04-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
ONLY 2 MORE QDF9V's AVAILABLE!!!!!!

ONLY 2 Quaife QDF9V's left in the USA!

TTM has bought the remaining inventory of the SOLE US IMPORTER and we have ONLY 2 not spoken for yet!

Next shipment into the US is not expected for a couple of weeks

One of the best mods you can do!!!! Predictability and the fun factor increases 1000%!! Just ask anyone that has it!

Don't miss out on this INCREDIBLE deal!!!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 09:12 PM

SL63
Originally Posted by KIWI KEN
Does anyone know exactly which mercedes/ AMG cars these quaife diffs can be used on?

This is surprisingly the question Quaife the company cannot answer or will not answer.

My understanding is the QDF 7V fits diffs with the 2 piece half shafts and the smaller crown wheel. As used on the early E55 Kompressors.
Where the QDF 9V fits diffs with one piece half shafts with the larger diameter splines and the larger crown wheel (10.5 inch from memory).

The 04 onward CLK500's can use the QDF 9V.
The 03 CLK 500's use a diff with the smaller crown wheel and the one piece half shafts.

Does anyone have any further info or specs on mercedes/ AMG diffs as i think this will be useful to a lot of people.
When I spoke to Quaife they had no idea what diff's went into which cars. I asked around and some of the answers would contradict each other, just pissed me off.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-w-quaife.html

Old 04-10-2010, 09:13 PM

SL63

oem is open frame

Quiafe is closed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: QUAIFE QDF9V SPECIAL PRICING!!!!!