W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Sacramento Raceway TNT & Bracket racing???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2010 | 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Alan, you are just un friggin real.

I just couldn't stop chuckling at your post.

"Yeahhhhh, rough day you guys. Not much traction today and just an off day overall. I eekd out a meager 10.8"

10.8!!!

You are just the man!!
Haha...make no mistake Jim I'm very happy with my times but more disappointed with the prep. We actually has some good conditions and better prep would have given us some amazing times.

My car has this amazing pull right now that I've never had before. I'm pretty dialed in with my car and how it feels and I've never thought of my car feeling fast but now I'm starting to get that feeling. It sort of feels like someone is pressing down on your chest all through the pull...weird.

Jim, my idle is very nice and it does have a slight lope to it and feels just perfect. At first I was picking it apart trying to feel every little difference and I just love it now. Almost everyone who heard my car seems to think it's perfect. Hell, the family and drove to the coast this morning and my wife thought my car was running better then before.... !

I did hit 4 10's out of 5 passes with my first pass at 11.014 with a 1.75 60' time. I believe my first pass would've been my best run if I hooked, too bad would've and could've dont count...lol.

Last edited by bassn_07; 05-23-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-23-2010 | 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
LOL about the 10.85 comments.... imagine 8 years ago telling someone with an E55 that 8 years from now, running 10.80s (without NOS) would actually be an "off day"

I drove in Alan's car on Thursday and let me tell you that car idles perfect. It is as close to stock as I've ever seen. There is a very slight lope, but hardly noticeable. I listened to the car from the inside and outside and for someone who does not know the history of the car, they would not know it was modified. Very stealthy....

I know that some of you think that bigger pulleys may not be good for daily driving because it would make the car "too jumpy", but that is definitely not the case with Alan's car. We drove around town in fairly crowded areas while stopping in multiple places, and the car behaved as if it was stock until of course he smashed the gas pedal. We did try a couple of half WOT pulls and I almost jumped out the window

By the way, if you guys think seeing Alan's car on the track was a treat, you should see it on the dyno . The car literally launches like a rocket.... I'll let you imagine that one for a second

Last edited by MB_Forever; 05-24-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-23-2010 | 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by Thericker
I'll start another thread You have 6 more days to wait
Waiting with bated breath....

With all that crap on your car, if you don't beat me by at least .5, you need to kick yourself in the nuts, repeatedly.

looking forward to that 10.92 ET
Old 05-23-2010 | 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama

With all that crap on your car, if you don't beat me by at least .5, you need to kick yourself in the nuts, repeatedly.

A little friendly competition going on here...I like it!

Benzo, if you don't mind me asking what is your best time outside of a private rental where track prep and staging time will come into play. I'm sure you've been to plenty of TNT days and most likely you won't see the same conditions as a private rental. Sean will be running in a typical TNT day and it would be great to compare both your runs with similar conditions. As most know that live around here Famoso is a very crowded place and Sean will likely only get 2-3 runs in.
Old 05-23-2010 | 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

If I hook I can't see why a basement 11.00 isn't possible, though apples to apples I'll be @ 630+ ft elevation track w/likely 1100-1300 + DA @ 8pm-10pm 60+ degrees

vs your Sea level pass @ MIR in negative DA w/crazzee track prep as Alan, mentions above... I have to cut a 1.58 or better 60' to see ANY really good #'s vs your 1.70 60' @ MIR

Edit: ALL that crap on my car ehh now you're just being stupid
Old 05-23-2010 | 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
Originally Posted by bassn_07
I'm pretty much done with modding now and I'm just going to concentrated on getting my car 120% dialed in with what I have, just like I did last time.
I'll believe this when you sell your beast. Congrats to you and all the others on great times and some stellar RTs! Now you have four more 10-second slips to add to your collection
Old 05-23-2010 | 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by cahiil55k
I'll believe this when you sell your beast. Congrats to you and all the others on great times and some stellar RTs! Now you have four more 10-second slips to add to your collection
LOL...I'm really done, I swear! I have one other mod that is actually installed already but unfortunately it didn't work right. This mod alone will most likely be worth a tenth on a given day, at least that's what I'm hoping for. This is why I say it's all about getting things working properly and getting my tune dialed in on using my logger. Once this is done I'm sure I'll be very quick and fast. You're right though I should never really say I'm finished until I either sell the car or it dies.

Haha..yeah now I'm at 18 slips in the 10's and only need 2 more for my twentieth slip.

When do you plan on running your car again Kou? It would be nice to see you get your beast back in action and break into the mid 11's.
Old 05-24-2010 | 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by 930chas
Sorry no records were broken, better weather and track conditions and it would have been a done deal! Either way, sounds like you guys had a blast. Plus, both your's and Jack's times are still incredible!! ...and I'd take your trap any day of the week!!
Thx bro, it was a confusing night. I think this was the 1st time that I thought my car wasn't running right but then I took a look at my speeds and realize that it was running just fine but my 60' were killing me.

You know the last few times at Sac the track prep has been pretty good and I guess I thought that prep would be the same and combine that with the cold air and I thought for sure that Alan would top his previous best and the same for myself, but once I arrived at the track and Alan's 1st words were "dude I'm not hooking" I thought to myself oh ***** that's not good for me because Alan is always in the 1.5's and to hear that he was in 1.7's........ I would've loved to run 11.699 under stock power but I guess it wasn't meant to be.:nix

Last edited by Hammer Down; 05-24-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 05-24-2010 | 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport

Benzo, if you don't mind me asking what is your best time outside of a private rental where track prep and staging time will come into play. I'm sure you've been to plenty of TNT days and most likely you won't see the same conditions as a private rental. Sean will be running in a typical TNT day and it would be great to compare both your runs with similar conditions. As most know that live around here Famoso is a very crowded place and Sean will likely only get 2-3 runs in.
Actually, it is the other way around with Famoso Alan..... the track prep at Famoso during TNT is incredible. It is actually far better than during private rental because they run full dragsters (which are not allowed on private rentals in the winter). We're talking 5 to 6 second cars, so track prep has to be excellent. However, what may hurt Sean is DA and the inability to run more than 3 to 4 times. Because of the crowd at Famoso, I just don't see a lot of runs possible, which is sometimes needed for our ECUs to adapt. Either way, it'll be fun to see some times out of the black beast
Old 05-24-2010 | 02:12 AM

335i
Well, like Hammer said it was a tough night and traction wasn't very good. I ran my car 5 times and the best 60' I was able to achieve was a 1.65. I think that time came against Sneakyneon when we lined up. I ended up hitting a 10.85 @ 133.9 with a 1.65 or so (my best run of the night). Sneaky didn't grab traction on this run but both of our reaction times were very good. I hit a .002 to his -.002, as close as they come for a heads up race.

Thanks again for showing up Nick it was great to finally meet ya. I really appreciate all the help you gave through out our tiring journey, boy was it a busy 3 days. Get that track day setup in July and the family and I will come on uo to see how the PNW boys do it. Once again great job and your car is truly a beast. It's just a matter of time before you start walking me, hell your almost there already.

My tech also showed up in his E55 and ran some very stellar times. I love the simplicity of his car...trailered it to the track (he hates putting miles on his car), drive it off, rolls up, burns out, stages, and hits mostly mid 11.4's with a best of 11.3 and great RT's. His first RT run was a .003 only to be topped by his following run .001...WTF. Great job Scott and thanks for helping everyone out. Your efforts were appreciated by everyone!

This was a blast and even though Sac didn't shine I still had a blast hanging out with all the boys. Everyone did well given the track prep we had, awesome job. Andrew, it's always a pleasure and your help is always appreciated buddy. We would probably still be there cleaning up if it wasn't for your help.... We'll be back soon and I expect you to run your car next time .

abraham, great job bro! You did a fantastic job given the conditions you had to work with. If you end up getting DR's you'll run much better times than a 12.5 I promise.
Great Job Alan! Didn't they repave the launch area recently? Or is back to the same as it was a few months ago?

Also, are you still using MT DRs? Have you heard anything about the Nitto NT05r DRs? I am thinking about ordering a pair this week:

http://www.superchevy.com/technical/...l_2_tires.html

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...res/index.html
Old 05-24-2010 | 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by hotrod182
Great Job Alan! Didn't they repave the launch area recently? Or is back to the same as it was a few months ago?

Also, are you still using MT DRs? Have you heard anything about the Nitto NT05r DRs? I am thinking about ordering a pair this week:

http://www.superchevy.com/technical/...l_2_tires.html

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...res/index.html
Thanks Warren!

Yeah they repaved the left lane but most of us still had issues on both sides. I'm not sure what the major contributing factor was but my guess would be lack of VHT, sudden temp change, humidity, and cars tracking water onto the launch area. Either way traction was compromised but we all had a great time.

I'm using 16" CCW rims mounted with Hoosiers 255/50/16's. I've been very happy with this setup but I might try the QTP next time. I need a 1.55 and I'm about out of options. I also never heard of the tires you listed...sorry.

Warren when you get a chance take a look at my splits and compare them with your last run at Sacramento. I didn't have a Vbox (or MB_Forever's) handy but my last time out I only managed a 8.09. All though the last time out I had some IAT issues that didn't come into play as much due to the cooler weather on Friday. Anyways, I was taking a look at your 7.8 60-130 times and it seems as though all my splits are faster and quicker. I'm not sure if you guys have a way of calculating 60-130 times off of splits but I was just wondering. I just don't have any safe areas where I could do a ***** out run from 60-130+...not worth the risk.
Old 05-24-2010 | 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon

Alan,

I've only taken her to 1 TNT (75-80 Dragway), outside of a MIR rental. It was 5/8 and DA was roughly 700-800 ft above. Best ET was an 11.63@119, I do believe. I have to dig up the slip to 100% certain. You're right though, there was no chance to cool down between runs. I tried, but it was pointless, as you can't ice in the lanes, and after your run, you had to literally get right back in line if you wanted to another shot at it.

If I hook I can't see why a basement 11.00 isn't possible, though apples to apples I'll be @ 630+ ft elevation track w/likely 1100-1300 + DA @ 8pm-10pm 60+ degrees

vs your Sea level pass @ MIR in negative DA w/crazzee track prep as Alan, mentions above... I have to cut a 1.58 or better 60' to see ANY really good #'s vs your 1.70 60' @ MIR

Edit: ALL that crap on my car ehh now you're just being stupid

I don't see any reason why you won't be in the high 10's, unless DA is outrageous or you just can't hook. You're making a lot more HP than me, have a TCU tune, chiller in the trunk, and you should be lighter, with your wheels, race cats, etc...

I'm just messing with ya, though. I haven't had a barometer to measure against since I got my SL. Nobody, and I mean nobody races these things. I have no doubt that you'll beat the current #1 spot on dragtimes. Joe Curry owns it with an 11.25.

But, you do have a lot of crap done to you car.

**EDIT**

Forgot to mention that I'll be running in the Mason Dixon Dragway Memorial Classic, this weekend. I think I'll either run ET Street or Trophy Class, haven't decided yet. But, I'll have some more slips for ya after that. Should be warm, and that track sits at +550ft, so I don't expect great things. Just hoping to be consistent and win some cash or a trophy.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 05-24-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-24-2010 | 09:38 AM

335i
Thanks Warren!

Yeah they repaved the left lane but most of us still had issues on both sides. I'm not sure what the major contributing factor was but my guess would be lack of VHT, sudden temp change, humidity, and cars tracking water onto the launch area. Either way traction was compromised but we all had a great time.

I'm using 16" CCW rims mounted with Hoosiers 255/50/16's. I've been very happy with this setup but I might try the QTP next time. I need a 1.55 and I'm about out of options. I also never heard of the tires you listed...sorry.

Warren when you get a chance take a look at my splits and compare them with your last run at Sacramento. I didn't have a Vbox (or MB_Forever's) handy but my last time out I only managed a 8.09. All though the last time out I had some IAT issues that didn't come into play as much due to the cooler weather on Friday. Anyways, I was taking a look at your 7.8 60-130 times and it seems as though all my splits are faster and quicker. I'm not sure if you guys have a way of calculating 60-130 times off of splits but I was just wondering. I just don't have any safe areas where I could do a ***** out run from 60-130+...not worth the risk.
I think you would have to run the Vbox to see your 60-130mph splits accurately. That would have been awesome if you had your charts. Fortunately I ran mine during my run. Since I ran at the track just after setting up my car that morning and was only able to do a couple runs with the set up ( I got there late and didn't run till 2pm, with long lines), my runs were less than optimal. Indeed, my 60-130 time was about 8 seconds when I ran the 11.33 at 132.77 mph. A few days later when I went up a map, I ran a 6.95 and the equivalent of 135.7 mph (at Sac). Keep in mind the Vbox data log doesn't include roll out, therefore is about .20 slower than the track timeslip. Also realize I did not give it full throttle till about 55 mph in the 6.9 sec 60-130 run.
Attached Thumbnails Sacramento Raceway TNT & Bracket racing???-11.56-et-sac-vbox-print-screenb.jpg   Sacramento Raceway TNT & Bracket racing???-60-130-mph-6.95-sec.jpg  

Last edited by hotrod182; 05-24-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-24-2010 | 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
I'm absolutely jealous of you guys! Must have a great day with the Me/Be turn out you had. Thanks for sharing!!! Any vids coming up?
Old 05-24-2010 | 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Alan,

I've only taken her to 1 TNT (75-80 Dragway), outside of a MIR rental. It was 5/8 and DA was roughly 700-800 ft above. Best ET was an 11.63@119, I do believe. I have to dig up the slip to 100% certain. You're right though, there was no chance to cool down between runs. I tried, but it was pointless, as you can't ice in the lanes, and after your run, you had to literally get right back in line if you wanted to another shot at it.

I don't see any reason why you won't be in the high 10's, unless DA is outrageous or you just can't hook. You're making a lot more HP than me, have a TCU tune, chiller in the trunk, and you should be lighter, with your wheels, race cats, etc...

I'm just messing with ya, though. I haven't had a barometer to measure against since I got my SL. Nobody, and I mean nobody races these things. I have no doubt that you'll beat the current #1 spot on dragtimes. Joe Curry owns it with an 11.25.

But, you do have a lot of crap done to you car.

**EDIT**

Forgot to mention that I'll be running in the Mason Dixon Dragway Memorial Classic, this weekend. I think I'll either run ET Street or Trophy Class, haven't decided yet. But, I'll have some more slips for ya after that. Should be warm, and that track sits at +550ft, so I don't expect great things. Just hoping to be consistent and win some cash or a trophy.
It's all bueno! Funny you & I want to race ANY other SL600/65 models but there all retired Ben Treynor, Lou Fishgold, Arnold Curry, Joe Curry, etc... Now it's just you & me (unless JC- Soulsearcher decides to run a high 9.9x)

Last edited by Thericker; 05-24-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-25-2010 | 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Soo Mo... Which is it? Make up your mind, I'm 3 days out

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Actually, it is the other way around with Famoso Alan..... the track prep at Famoso during TNT is incredible. It is actually far better than during private rental because they run full dragsters (which are not allowed on private rentals in the winter). We're talking 5 to 6 second cars, so track prep has to be excellent. However, what may hurt Sean is DA and the inability to run more than 3 to 4 times. Because of the crowd at Famoso, I just don't see a lot of runs possible, which is sometimes needed for our ECUs to adapt. Either way, it'll be fun to see some times out of the black beast
https://mbworld.org/forums/3847551-post47.html

Seriously bro you post so much stuff, it's hard to tell
Old 05-25-2010 | 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Hey Mo I'm also a little confused by this statement. I thought the whole idea and sell behind a private rental was track prep vs TNT and of course crowds. I'm not quite sure I believe this to be true because anyone who does a typical TNT day knows that prep is compromised due to many different factors. You have coolant leaks, oil spills, people tracking water onto the staging lanes, and burning up the launch pad with their street tires. These are all very unfavorable conditions and mostly avoided at private rentals. IMO there is nothing better than a private rental for optimum conditions and in my mind there's now way prep could be better with hundreds of cars running through the track vs 10-40 well maintained vehicles. Sorry brotha but I need to disagree with you on this one but you're still my boy .
Old 05-25-2010 | 06:36 AM

Bicycle
WHOO HOOO
What a amazing 3-4 days! So busy!!!
Thanks alan for being a fantasic host! It was a plesure to meet you and you have one of the most amazing cars I've riden in!
It was a plesure meeting everyone at the track, sorry if I was a bit "off" the average of 4-5 hrs of sleep over 3 day has an unusal effect on ya.
The car ran good, I've identified some problem areas that are really hold me back but should be an easy fix.
The best pass was 11.28 @ 128 with traction issues.
Old 05-25-2010 | 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by sneakyneon
WHOO HOOO
What a amazing 3-4 days! So busy!!!
Thanks alan for being a fantasic host! It was a plesure to meet you and you have one of the most amazing cars I've riden in!
It was a plesure meeting everyone at the track, sorry if I was a bit "off" the average of 4-5 hrs of sleep over 3 day has an unusal effect on ya.
The car ran good, I've identified some problem areas that are really hold me back but should be an easy fix.
The best pass was 11.28 @ 128 with traction issues.
Hey Nick what is the size is your rear rim and tire setup?
Old 05-25-2010 | 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
https://mbworld.org/forums/3847551-post47.html

Seriously bro you post so much stuff, it's hard to tell
Sean, please read my post in context.... my quote was in response to a question of comparison between Famoso and Sacramento.... and I will say it again: on any given day, if you pick a TNT or private rental event at Sacramento and at Famoso, in general, Famoso's traction will be much better than Sacramento's traction because the track is in much better shape, very well maintained, and in overall is just better prepped.

Again, the post you quoted me above was in response to a question comparing Sacramento to Famoso... it was not comparing Famoso's public to private track rental traction, which I was discussing above. This was the question that was asked in the thread you quoted me above:

Originally Posted by budoboy
Awesome! I'd like to make it. In your guys experience how is Famoso in the winter. Does it hook better than Sac? How is the private rental track prep?
And here was my response, which you quoted above:

Honestly, I think Famoso is a bit more traction friendly, but it does have its days. In a private rental, things are overall better across the board. I think we'll see better ETs but we'll lose a little on trap speeds due to the 600 ft difference in elevation.
Notice, I was comparing private rental in the winter at Famoso vs Sacramento.

Sean, just come to Famoso man, the track will be very well prepped. I know your car makes a huge amount of torque and no track prep in the world will help it, but trust me, you'll still manage. The problem you may run into is time. I've never been to Famoso on TNT and made more than 3 to 4 runs
Old 05-25-2010 | 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Hey Mo I'm also a little confused by this statement. I thought the whole idea and sell behind a private rental was track prep vs TNT and of course crowds. I'm not quite sure I believe this to be true because anyone who does a typical TNT day knows that prep is compromised due to many different factors. You have coolant leaks, oil spills, people tracking water onto the staging lanes, and burning up the launch pad with their street tires. These are all very unfavorable conditions and mostly avoided at private rentals. IMO there is nothing better than a private rental for optimum conditions and in my mind there's now way prep could be better with hundreds of cars running through the track vs 10-40 well maintained vehicles. Sorry brotha but I need to disagree with you on this one but you're still my boy .
Alan, I'm not saying the track prep on all TNTs is better than private rental track prep. I'm saying for Famoso Raceway only, since it is a track I know very well, the track prep on TNT days is usually superior to private rental track prep. There are a few exceptions of course, but in general that is the case because of the following reasons:

1) At Famoso's regular TNT, they almost always run very fast cars there: I've seen 5 to 6 second cars running over and over on the track so many times. You can bet that they will always do everything in their power to make sure the track is very well prepped for those cars. A mistake at that speed could be fatal, and the owners take it very seriously because they themselves race a couple of 7 second cars.

2) During our private rentals, we like to run in the winter (preferably at the coldest point possible), which (at Famoso) makes track prep not optimal for full dragsters due to moisture/humidity from the surrounding fields and lack of sun to help VHT settle and stick more. That is why the owner always refused to allow dragsters to participate (with few exceptions of course). During those days, traction may be very good for us (modified street cars), but just not optimal (nor safe) for full blown dragsters.
Old 05-25-2010 | 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Alan, I'm not saying the track prep on all TNTs is better than private rental track prep. I'm saying for Famoso Raceway only, since it is a track I know very well, the track prep on TNT days is usually superior to private rental track prep. There are a few exceptions of course, but in general that is the case because of the following reasons:

1) At Famoso's regular TNT, they almost always run very fast cars there: I've seen 5 to 6 second cars running over and over on the track so many times. You can bet that they will always do everything in their power to make sure the track is very well prepped for those cars. A mistake at that speed could be fatal, and the owners take it very seriously because they themselves race a couple of 7 second cars.

2) During our private rentals, we like to run in the winter (preferably at the coldest point possible), which (at Famoso) makes track prep not optimal for full dragsters due to moisture/humidity from the surrounding fields and lack of sun to help VHT settle and stick more. That is why the owner always refused to allow dragsters to participate (with few exceptions of course). During those days, traction may be very good for us (modified street cars), but just not optimal (nor safe) for full blown dragsters.
Hey Mo, I fully understand what you're saying but unless you're lucky enough to go behind a full dragster prep still falls victim to the numerous downfalls of the weekend warrior. Just imagine having 400 cars at a TNT and only 10 full blown dragsters, how many of these cars will actually reap the full benefits, probably not many. In short I'm just saying that the likely hood of having better conditions than a private rental is unlikely for most. How many records have we seen out of Famoso with the typical TNT day? How many have we seen at a private rental, quite a bit...right? There's probably a reason for this. I could name multiple reasons why a private rental benefits us weekend warriors to the fullest but I'm sure you already know why.

Let's just agree to disagree because there's now way I'll be convinced that a TNT day will out weigh a private rental. I'm sure you also have your reasons for thinking what you do but I'm right..... JK...Mo.
Old 05-25-2010 | 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
How many records have we seen out of Famoso with the typical TNT day? How many have we seen at a private rental, quite a bit...right? There's probably a reason for this.
Are you talking about Mercedes records or Dragster records

I just told you that Famoso TNTs only start when weather warms up so that they can use some sun to account for dragsters. They usually start TNT by April and end it in September, which aside from this year, the temps are usually always between 90 and 110 F with a very high DA (higher than Fontana sometimes). Records won't be broken in such conditions. This year, they attempted to start TNT in February and both dates rained out.

But seriously..... you need to come run at least once at Famoso TNT to see the difference for yourself. I've ran my car at many TNT as well as private rentals at Famoso and have seen the difference. TNT usually offers slightly better traction unless we plan our rental in warmer weather. This is not the case, by the way, for other tracks such as Sacramento.

I do agree with you regarding oil spills and other disasters that happen on the track. But remember, these incidents can happen during a private rental as well as during TNT days. Such events do compromise traction, but the track officials usually do a great job of re-prepping and re-conditioning the track again. And although the track prep never becomes as good as it was before the spill, it gets back to a comfortable level.

Agree to disagree.... now bring your car over and join Sean and Shawn in this event
Old 05-25-2010 | 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
LOL...I'm really done, I swear! I have one other mod that is actually installed already but unfortunately it didn't work right. This mod alone will most likely be worth a tenth on a given day, at least that's what I'm hoping for. This is why I say it's all about getting things working properly and getting my tune dialed in on using my logger. Once this is done I'm sure I'll be very quick and fast. You're right though I should never really say I'm finished until I either sell the car or it dies.

Haha..yeah now I'm at 18 slips in the 10's and only need 2 more for my twentieth slip.

When do you plan on running your car again Kou? It would be nice to see you get your beast back in action and break into the mid 11's.
There will always be another mod out there for ya'. I'm still running a bit too lean to race. I re-dyno'd a few weeks back and my AFR was hovering around 12.75 at WOT above 5K rpm, so I'm going to avoid running her until I get that fixed. You know I won't break into 11's without DRs, but that'll come. I'll spectate at the next gathering though, if it's not between 6/17 - 7/16 so keep me in the loop.
Old 05-25-2010 | 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by cahiil55k
There will always be another mod out there for ya'. I'm still running a bit too lean to race. I re-dyno'd a few weeks back and my AFR was hovering around 12.75 at WOT above 5K rpm, so I'm going to avoid running her until I get that fixed. You know I won't break into 11's without DRs, but that'll come. I'll spectate at the next gathering though, if it's not between 6/17 - 7/16 so keep me in the loop.
Any idea why you might be running lean? Any changes since we last spoke? I'm sure you could call PC and have them tweak your tune in free of charge if you haven't made any changes.

11's without DR's..... Come on man, your car ran a 12.0 in unfavorable conditions the last time out with a 2.0 60' time. I promise your car has a 11.8xx in her as she stands, no doubt. With DR's I would expect your car to run in the 11.5's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sacramento Raceway TNT & Bracket racing???