Sponsored by:

Will a PLM Heat exchanger and Johnson CM30 pump help my SC from shutting down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Will a PLM Heat exchanger and Johnson CM30 pump help my SC from shutting down

I found a great deal on heat exchanger and Johnson cm30 pump for 500.00$ delivered. I am just curious why all the other brands are so much more expensive? I called some shops and they wanted $700.00 for a heat exchanger alone. I think that is a little ridiculous. Anyone have experience with this brand? Also will a 160 thermostat help at all in conjunction with this? I am hearing conflicting reports from E55 owners with my same set up. I have LT SS headers 180mm ASP, LET tune, etc.. I do 3 pulls and poof SC shuts down religiously? I just don't see how a heat exchanger thats a little bit bigger then stock will really make a difference. I assume the CM30 pumps a lot quicker then stock. Any input from users of this PLM set up would be appreciated. Also the guy selling it told me that you can just swap out stock with this one and don't have to pressure test or bleed the lines. Is the CM30 pump utilize the old pumps wires?

Also has anyone tried using the AC cooling killer chiller for extra cooling? I don't understand why the temp on the cluster is normal, but the supercharger shuts down. Isn't their a way to use a resistor or trick the ECU so it doesn't constantly shut down.

Thanks