Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by mthis
tnx Mo. Me and dodger both running 103 mix with 93 so 99-100 oct
60foot for dodger was 1.75 when he ran the 11.472
But what were the two cars tuned for? Were they tuned for 100 octane (track-only ECU tune) or were they tuned for 93 octane and you guys just used 100 octane because you were at the track? In other words, do you have to change tunes when driving it on the streets vs driving it at the tracks?

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Those MHP C63s are orgasmic. A video is worth a thousand words.

Not his fastest time, but the only one I got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLDdqxhc_Tc
The sound is incredibly aggressive; it scared my friend when I played it on my phone
Old 04-20-2010, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
But what were the two cars tuned for? Were they tuned for 100 octane (track-only ECU tune) or were they tuned for 93 octane and you guys just used 100 octane because you were at the track? In other words, do you have to change tunes when driving it on the streets vs driving it at the tracks?

The sound is incredibly aggressive; it scared my friend when I played it on my phone

They both tuned for 93.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
What a fantastic day!

Ahmad , stuff happens man. You are a class act to keep your chin up , offer help to others even in the midst of such a let down.

Stellar times fellas, on street tires to boot.

Clayton , very consistant and smooth operation of the heavy luxury car. The fact you can massage your booty and rip off 1.7 60 ft times is deserving of your own classification of records.

Next time Ahmad, you dont need perfect conditions, you will get it.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by juicee63
Ahmad , stuff happens man. You are a class act to keep your chin up , offer help to others even in the midst of such a let down.

Next time Ahmad, you dont need perfect conditions, you will get it.
Thanks Josh. The news just kept getting worse. First the fittings on the ice res were leaking and one of the hoses had a pinhole. I scrambled a threw some stuff together to make it hold for a track day. Then I pull into the track and my power steering starts making noise. I pop the hood in the staging lanes and see ps fluid coming out of cap so I drained the res and zip tied microfiber towel around the cap so I wouldn't get any fluid on the track. I think at that point I literally said "F it, I'm already here and I don't need power steering to go down the track. Might as well run anyway". Did a burnout and went to run. Car felt dog slow and studdered and I looked at wideband with afrs very rich. So I let out and drove around to staging area and popped the hood. Ok, looks like power steering pump is broken and belt popped off. No biggie I will have it fixed the next day when parts come in. Then I look closer and see the pulley on the ps pump is sitting at an angle. Hmmm, look at the mounting points and its sheered off. Not from the pump but what appeared to be the block/bracket/timing cover, wasn;t sure which. Call my buddy and he says it bolts to timing chain cover Ok well that can't be tooo bad right? Then I hear I need to take the heads off to get the cover off. WTFFF!!!! Now I just don't know what to do with the car. I'm so pissed how things went down. I would have reached my goals yesterday that I've worked so hard to get to. I would have felt better if it was a performance failure. But a ****in ps pump??? And it had to happen right when I got to the track??? Guess it's good that it happened before I was going down the track because I would have probably put it into a wall once the ps fluid hit the tires. Such a stupid problem to have and I've never ever heard of it happenning before. Was thinking about just running no power steering and a shorter belt for now, but the tensioner gets in the way. I've always believed in the go big or go home motto. Guess it's time for me to nut up or shut up.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55K, Duc 848
Mthis - The video benzo posted.... why did you go in the burnout box with street tires.... or did you have slicks on the rear?
Old 04-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Craigo
Mthis - The video benzo posted.... why did you go in the burnout box with street tires.... or did you have slicks on the rear?
He was on drag radials
Old 04-20-2010, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
NICE RUNS GUYSSSSSSSSS. The 63's is RIDICULOUS LOUD FOR SURE.