W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I the only one that didnt get my forgestars yet?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Going the CC dispute route can be limited to x days AFAIK. Regarding the contract stating loss of 50% upon cancellation, etc; if the communication can be proven that a delay occurred that is not acceptable to the customer then CC will side with the customer. Implied breach would be the most probable cause.

Again, forgestar is on the best way to wind up with a rep it doesn't want. This is regardless of the final product it puts out on the market.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Godfather@ONE Autosport
1) In Forgestar's defense, they are NOWHERE NEAR like 360. As a matter of a fact, they have always been on top of their game when it comes to delivery time, it just happened that a couple of people's order took a bit longer than anticipated.
I didn't say they are like. I said they'll wind up like if they don't watch it. Completely different interpretation.

2) There are no special bolts required. It's just like any other wheels, tapered seats aka cone seats lugs, instead of stock ball seats. Nothing out of ordinary there. That's how my HRE's were, my Work VS-XX, my Monarchs etc.
As explained in my first post; in other forums members were told to use OEM bolts. Then month later all of a sudden, when wheels finally got delivered, oh **** the bolts didn't work. Customers now had to go and pay for those bolts. Now, retroactively the thread from the vendor was updated to state so. And interestingly the vendor was told by forgestar that no special bolts were required.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
I didn't say they are like. I said they'll wind up like if they don't watch it. Completely different interpretation.
OOHHh ok my bad!

As explained in my first post; in other forums members were told to use OEM bolts. Then month later all of a sudden, when wheels finally got delivered, oh **** the bolts didn't work. Customers now had to go and pay for those bolts. Now, retroactively the thread from the vendor was updated to state so. And interestingly the vendor was told by forgestar that no special bolts were required.
Hhmmmm well I don't know anything about that particular situation. Either way it appears resolved on their end and that's good. It is unfortunate, if true, that Forgestar told their vendors otherwise. I do find it odd though that they would make a mistake this big on their own wheel line. Then again, everything you read on the net is true :P
Old 04-26-2010, 02:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
I used the OEM bolts are you telling me that I have the wrong bolts. Can someone confirm this or do I have to pull a wheel and check it ?????
Old 04-27-2010, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e500
Originally Posted by AUS-E55
I used the OEM bolts are you telling me that I have the wrong bolts. Can someone confirm this or do I have to pull a wheel and check it ?????
More than likely, yes you are using the wrong bolts. The OEM MB bolts are ball seat. Most aftermarket wheels, and from the discussion above so are the Forgestars, use cone seat bolts.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:35 PM

A4, M3, 996, E55
Mike, any updates on my Jan order???

I wrote you last Thursday and no response. Haven't heard a peep since 4/1

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
No...and NO.

I ordered F10's in Jan. Had a whole conversation with Mike on the phone about my past bad experiences with delays from iForge (parent company) and he assured me there would be no problems meeting the 4-6 week deadline so I took the plunge.

First my order was misplaced, then no blanks for F10's. Last I heard they weren't even going to have the parts to make more until late April (now-ish). Haven't had any updated communication in over 3 weeks now.

For the record, I appreciate what Mike does for this community and feel he was put in a bad place. I almost blame myslef for giving iForge the benefit of the doubt that maybe they could make 1 piece wheel without f'ing it up with huge delays.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
good luck gents - hope to see some pics when you all slap them on - june timeframe? just messin guys -
Old 04-28-2010, 01:02 AM

well I just confirmed it, and I feel like a dumb ***. I guess I should have looked at the lug bolts when I put the weels on instead of listening to Forgestar who told me that the OEM bolts would be correct.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Mike, any updates on my Jan order???

I wrote you last Thursday and no response. Haven't heard a peep since 4/1
Sorry Andrew, I thought I had replied! I just emailed Forgestar about your wheels a few minutes ago as a matter of fact. I did call them and spoke with them, and what I was told was that the parts weren't all in. I think we're waiting on the front wheels right now. I'll let you know more as soon as I can. I sincerely apologize for the delay. You're one of the very few that has their orders lagging behind. They know you are waiting, so your order is obviously being prioritized.

well I just confirmed it, and I feel like a dumb ***. I guess I should have looked at the lug bolts when I put the weels on instead of listening to Forgestar who told me that the OEM bolts would be correct.
Yes sorry, cone seats lug bolts are the ones you need :/
Old 04-28-2010, 01:25 AM

I kind of wish you or Forgestar (I asked both of you) told me that before I had the car at some pretty high speeds.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:10 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
I kind of wish you or Forgestar (I asked both of you) told me that before I had the car at some pretty high speeds.
I sincerely apologize for that snafu. I don't recall you asking me, but regardless, I should have let you know. It's easy for me to mistakenly assume people will know what lug bolts to use and which not to use. I guess I forgot that sometimes, I too did not always know these little things. Again, I'm sorry, but rest assured that even with the incorrect seat, your wheels were bolted on safely.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:23 AM

Lotus Esprit/VW GTI/E55 AMG
I sincerely apologize for that snafu. I don't recall you asking me, but regardless, I should have let you know. It's easy for me to mistakenly assume people will know what lug bolts to use and which not to use. I guess I forgot that sometimes, I too did not always know these little things. Again, I'm sorry, but rest assured that even with the incorrect seat, your wheels were bolted on safely.
Lol, damn I've been using the stock bolts and been up to xxxmph. Maybe I should get the prop. lugs
Old 04-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
......And interestingly the vendor was told by forgestar that no special bolts were required.
........Then again, everything you read on the net is true :P
Hopefully all others that bought these wheels will read this and act accordingly in case they haven't done so. Or the godfathers can go through his records and can at least email those that purchased from him in regards to this situation.

No flame here, but when I mentioned it previously you .............
In regards to the safety comment; look at the letter "D" for a reference. The curve represents the ball aspect and the straight line the taper/cone. You always want your bolts to have maximum contact. Using incorrect bolts, either way, will not allow that. It is even possible to damage the bolt seating area by using the incorrect ones; different materials, torques, etc.
The manufacturer/vendor should've mentioned/covered that bolt issue up front. To use a non-applicable reference: measure twice - cut once.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:13 AM

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon
I believe that is a company cannot provide a custom product in a reasonable amount of time, they are required to fully refund the customer's money. I also believe that specific delays have to be in writing and the consumer has the right to cancel f the delay is more than they want to tolerate - after all - you may have wanted / needed the item at a specific time. After you are late, it puts the decision making ability back in the consumer's hands. It may be a UCC requirement that I discussed prior - cannot find the link about online / mail order commerce right now. But - if you all have paid the entire amount up front - are you high?

I would certainly dispute this with CC company - hard to justify a restocking fee or cancellation fee when no one can tell you when your wheels are supposed to arrive.

A company shouldn't bill you until the product has shipped. A deposit - 20% is reasonable. However, if they don't have the working capital to float a few sets of wheels - do you really want to be buying them for your car????????
Old 04-28-2010, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Uber Wagon
I believe that is a company cannot provide a custom product in a reasonable amount of time, they are required to fully refund the customer's money. I also believe that specific delays have to be in writing and the consumer has the right to cancel f the delay is more than they want to tolerate - after all - you may have wanted / needed the item at a specific time. After you are late, it puts the decision making ability back in the consumer's hands. It may be a UCC requirement that I discussed prior - cannot find the link about online / mail order commerce right now. But - if you all have paid the entire amount up front - are you high?

I would certainly dispute this with CC company - hard to justify a restocking fee or cancellation fee when no one can tell you when your wheels are supposed to arrive.

A company shouldn't bill you until the product has shipped. A deposit - 20% is reasonable. However, if they don't have the working capital to float a few sets of wheels - do you really want to be buying them for your car????????
+1

Nicely written post and I also agree the OP should dispute the charges. I have no first hand knowledge of Forgestar but this post alone would make me look else where.

Thanks again to the OP for his post.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:38 AM

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon
Here's a link - it's FTC Section 435.

http://acquitygroupblog.com/2009/08/...aking-the-law/

Basically - you get 30 days to deliver product and if you can't - you notify the purchaser in writing about the "first delay" - the purchaser has the right to cancel with a full refund. I would bet money that none of this has occurred here.

People who sell stuff need to get their collective acts together and stop jerking people around. Figure out how to run your business to the point where you have some working capital and can have some inventory. This method of requiring payment up front is a VERY BAD way to run a business and it leads quickly into robbing Peter to pay Paul. (See John Hennessey)

And we - as consumers - need to stop giving them all our money before they ship....

Come on guys - we're smarter than this - these posts simply should NOT occur. And yet.... they continue to pop up again and again and again. Fool me once - shame on you - fool me twice.........
Old 04-28-2010, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
Originally Posted by Uber Wagon
Here's a link - it's FTC Section 435.

http://acquitygroupblog.com/2009/08/...aking-the-law/

Basically - you get 30 days to deliver product and if you can't - you notify the purchaser in writing about the "first delay" - the purchaser has the right to cancel with a full refund. I would bet money that none of this has occurred here.

People who sell stuff need to get their collective acts together and stop jerking people around. Figure out how to run your business to the point where you have some working capital and can have some inventory. This method of requiring payment up front is a VERY BAD way to run a business and it leads quickly into robbing Peter to pay Paul. (See John Hennessey)

And we - as consumers - need to stop giving them all our money before they ship....

Come on guys - we're smarter than this - these posts simply should NOT occur. And yet.... they continue to pop up again and again and again. Fool me once - shame on you - fool me twice.........
uber wagon - good point - you may have given those the holy grail needed to get their money back if they have been waiting in excess of the 30 days mentioned - OUCH
Old 04-28-2010, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030
Originally Posted by lotuskid
Lol, damn I've been using the stock bolts and been up to xxxmph. Maybe I should get the prop. lugs
I ran the wrong bolts on my wheels ( not Forgestars) But I didnt even get in the triple digits and after about 100 miles one bolt tore in half and three came loose , I had to pull over and tighten them just to get home. Come to find out it wobbled out the holes on the wheels and I had to get them all remachined and the price was $300. So you guys might want to check your wheels.......
Old 04-28-2010, 11:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Renntech E63S
this bolt thing is premium horse ****.
inform the f**king customers that the wheels can't be bolted onto the car without buying more ****, period. why do i need to find out after the product arrives, and 5 minutes before the shop plans on switching them out, that the OEM bolts won't work? that's a new level of stupid. there is no reasonable explanation that forgestar can offer for failing to provide that information. how much more simple does it get than saying..."would you like to include the required lugs with your order?"

give me a ****ing break.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Renntech E63S
the forum wouldn't let me cuss, and i'm a little pissed off about that right now.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
bump, still no word from either parties. Godfather was suppossed to email them 2 weeks ago and report back.

nada.

worst buying experience ever
Old 05-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Also keep in mind that part of the reason these wheels are so light weight is because of the load rating they have, 1200 lbs vs 1500 lbs. There are threads all over. This rating doesn't affect light weight cars nearly as much as the heavier ones. Google is your friend here.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by AWOL
bump, still no word from either parties. Godfather was suppossed to email them 2 weeks ago and report back.

nada.

worst buying experience ever
No word from Godfather or from Forgestar?
Old 05-17-2010, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
forgestar is telling me that I have to work with godfather.

Godfather sent me a pm about getting a refund, stating he was issuing one - I was happy, but only to find out he confused me with another member. Refund attempt was denied.

Then he was under the impression I wanted 19's, and said mine were in production as of 5/3 and I should be receiving them shortly. The only problem was I order 18s and gunmetal.

Then on 5/5 he said "Scott, I double checked your order after I asked you which it was. Let me wait back from Forgestar, but I think I'm gonna give you a full refund. I'll keep you posted." He follwed that PM by saying he got a call they were in production, but I already asked for my refund before that.

He followed with "As I was informed, these are in production, which means I'm responsible for 100% of their costs, as you are. I haven't had a chance to ask Forgestar for details these last couple of days, but I will on Monday and get you a straight answer." - that was on 5/8/10

And here I sit, wheel less, and no word after 2 attempts at an update.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Tell them about post #41 in this thread. Forgestar is having issues all over the net. Not only MB's, but also BMW's, Porsche's, etc.

If you paid by CC call your CC for help.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one that didnt get my forgestars yet?