Ohhh Boy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Ohhh Boy!

Got the 55 last night and ohh boy is all I have to say.. The thing is a ****ing beast and just wants to keep going..The exhaust note is just a bonus to the pure rush of hammering down on the throttle. This has been my dream car for a year now, and its everything I could ask for and more.. clear or painted corners are a must, and what are some good tires to replace the stock ones? Want to do the resonator delete as well..anything else?
Old 04-23-2010, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by andrew knight
Got the 55 last night and ohh boy is all I have to say.. The thing is a ****ing beast and just wants to keep going..The exhaust note is just a bonus to the pure rush of hammering down on the throttle. This has been my dream car for a year now, and its everything I could ask for and more.. clear or painted corners are a must, and what are some good tires to replace the stock ones? Want to do the resonator delete as well..anything else?
Congrats!! For tires I've got Nitto NTO5's on mine and they rule!!! If you want something a little more practical then I know a few guys that run the Nitto Invo as well and it does the job real nice

For the corner markers just get Euro bumper strips. I got mine from ACGSD. They are a vendor on this board and great guys to deal with.

And if you want a real kick in the pants get a pulley and a tune. That'll wake the beast up a **** load Add headers and go beat up on 2 door "sports" cars and take home a couple chunky girls afterwards!

Enjoy her in good heath my friend and welcome!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Congrats on pickin up the beast! Enjoy the ride in good health!

You think the car is a beast...wait til you mod it a lil...

Originally Posted by tgoss
Congrats!! For tires I've got Nitto NTO5's on mine and they rule!!! If you want something a little more practical then I know a few guys that run the Nitto Invo as well and it does the job real nice

For the corner markers just get Euro bumper strips. I got mine from ACGSD. They are a vendor on this board and great guys to deal with.

And if you want a real kick in the pants get a pulley and a tune. That'll wake the beast up a **** load Add headers and go beat up on 2 door "sports" cars and take home a couple chunky girls afterwards!

Enjoy her in good heath my friend and welcome!
+1 on the Nitto NT05's. Had them on the stockies for a track event a few weeks back and they performed GREAT! Had them on a few days in the rain and they felt planted at speeds. One of the best tires for the buck IMHO...
Old 04-23-2010, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Congrads and +1 on what Tgoss and BenzoBoi said.

It says your location is nh - if that stands for New Hampshire, also check out the Conti DWS for your winter set up. Absolutely phenomenal tires and a member on here ran a 11.5 in the 1/4 on them (it was a SL600) but that still gives you an idea of their performance capabilities when the temps drop and turn the dedicated summer rubber to hockey pucks.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Before you mod, make sure that you learn your car 1st!
Old 04-24-2010, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
250 shot of NOS!!
Old 04-24-2010, 05:20 AM

2003 E55 AMG
Tire recommendations will vary with each person you ask or who comment so the best thing to do is to know what you want. If your E55 is a daily driver and you don't want to be purchasing new tires every year or sooner, stick with a 280+. Id you want a firmer ride with more steering response, you can go with a tire with a stiffer sidewall such as the AD08 and if you want a slightly softer ride you can get a tire with a softer sidewall such as a Michelin pilot; the trade-off being the softer sidewall will give you more comfort but will roll/flex more in corners. That all being said, my personal favorite track/aggressive street tire is the AD08. This tire is phenomenal all around but will last only about 10k in the rear and a little more in the front depending on camber. My favorite street tire is the Michelin pilot as the sidewall is stiff but not too stiff so the ride comfort is still there and so is the performance.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by motorkas
Congrads and +1 on what Tgoss and BenzoBoi said.

It says your location is nh - if that stands for New Hampshire, also check out the Conti DWS for your winter set up. Absolutely phenomenal tires and a member on here ran a 11.5 in the 1/4 on them (it was a SL600) but that still gives you an idea of their performance capabilities when the temps drop and turn the dedicated summer rubber to hockey pucks.
I second the nomination of Conti DWS for all-season tires. I have them and they are extremely good in bad weather. Of course I didn't take my car out on unplowed roads, but the crap left behind by the plows was no problem. Same for the jokes that the parking lots became. And rain? Seems to have no effect at all. Outstanding rain tire.