Sponsored by:

GTR's are Dam Fast

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 08:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C63s
GTR's are Dam Fast

Raced my friends stock 10' GTR the other day and dam that thing hauls ***. We raced from about 40 to 100 and we were even until about 90 when he started to pull on me by about a car at 100mph. I am sure he would have put at least 2-3 car lengths or more if we went further. I cant wait to start modding to see how the car would stand against it after.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cornfed gtr and m3
Originally Posted by izzynyc
Raced my friends stock 10' GTR the other day and dam that thing hauls ***. We raced from about 40 to 100 and we were even until about 90 when he started to pull on me by about a car at 100mph. I am sure he would have put at least 2-3 car lengths or more if we went further. I cant wait to start modding to see how the car would stand against it after.
They are nuts from a dig. Not super strong from a roll. But definitely fast cars.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts
W212 E63
Huh? I thought the GTR was the turbo killer, good f-in job keeping it that close! The GTR hauls *** sure, but so does your 4 door family sedan!!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Silver E55
faster than you think. I almost bought an 09 with 6000miles but the E55 came up at the same time. I do like the back seats and it almost keeps up. not a bad trade, real back seats for about 1 car length on a supersports car.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Since he was stock, you might have actually gained if you kept going for a bit longer...at least from what I've read.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55, Supercharged Z4 (sold)
I think a GTR will be my next ride in a few years. Its just is the best of all worlds. From a dig, a roll especially with just minor mods. Rain, snow, wife, (and/or) girlfriend lol, drag strip, road course, to work. In any condition it just does everything and does it extremely well from what I gather. Black looks damn sexy all polished up too

But I agree you have to be impressed with the E55. It's going on 7 years old and it's a full blown luxury car that keeps up with new vettes, the GTR, and even beats the new SRT8's, camaros, mustang etc etc. Hell of a car.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Anyone know what a used one runs these days?
Old 04-25-2010, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
They are indeed quick. Even quicker with a very few mods. They are no joke.

BUT...

Yer car is a fast one too!
Old 04-25-2010, 03:34 AM
DKM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 G63, 2021 RS6, 2021 Ducati Panigale SP, 2022 Ford F450
Jangy...like 65k to 70k for a used 2009.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:35 AM

W211 E55 AMG, W211 E320, R170 350, E46 325ci, NSX, EF8 Crx, CF R6
And about half the price of a GTR lol.
But I must agree that the GTR is one hell of a car. I just wish the interior wasn't on par with the new hondas and acuras at it's price tag, but then again it's just a nissan at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by mikeevo
faster than you think. I almost bought an 09 with 6000miles but the E55 came up at the same time. I do like the back seats and it almost keeps up. not a bad trade, real back seats for about 1 car length on a supersports car.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Great cars and a great value new but I think there are far more engaging cars on the used market that will do better and look better. The 997TT for example.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Received 505 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
$1,500 in modifications to a GTR will net you a 10.9-11.1 sec. car (on street tires and just mashing the gas). My GTR will pull hard on my Kleeman E55 at any speed and I have at least $25K of go fast parts on the E.

The GTR vs AMG E is not a good comparison. The cars are just so different in every way. The AMG is a refined luxury cruiser, is a pleasure to drive on a daily basis and can deliver endless miles of relaxed motoring. Yes, it will produce insane straight line speed when needed but if you don't have your foot into the gas you can easily forget about the 5.5L SC engine sitting just in front of you.

The GTR on the other-hand is unrefined, makes lots of mechanical noises, has a somewhat jarring ride and never lets you just relax. Nissan did give it all the modern gadgets...... bluetooth, navigation, voice command, keyless ignition, Ipod integration, and an information screen that will give you endless amounts data on what your GTR is doing. I think they would have produced a better and much lighter car if they would have kept all that crap out but that is for a discussion on NAGTROC.

Despite the GTR's short comings the thing is just a hoot to drive.. It is unbelievable how easily the car generates speed....... It just hooks and goes whenever you need it to. When the AMG's ESP is intervening, or the back end is coming out or the wheels are just spinning, the GTR is clawing and gripping the pavement and seamlessly making rapid forward progress. The GTR always feels planted and composed and never feels like it's trying to kill you......and that's a good thing.

If I had to pick one car to live with everyday, the AMG would get the nod. If I was younger and needed to impress the Honda Vtec types or I was looking to play with Girls-Gone-Wild coeds, the GTR would get the nod.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:32 PM

2016 C63s
Well said.
Originally Posted by Rock
$1,500 in modifications to a GTR will net you a 10.9-11.1 sec. car (on street tires and just mashing the gas). My GTR will pull hard on my Kleeman E55 at any speed and I have at least $25K of go fast parts on the E.

The GTR vs AMG E is not a good comparison. The cars are just so different in every way. The AMG is a refined luxury cruiser, is a pleasure to drive on a daily basis and can deliver endless miles of relaxed motoring. Yes, it will produce insane straight line speed when needed but if you don't have your foot into the gas you can easily forget about the 5.5L SC engine sitting just in front of you.

The GTR on the other-hand is unrefined, makes lots of mechanical noises, has a somewhat jarring ride and never lets you just relax. Nissan did give it all the modern gadgets...... bluetooth, navigation, voice command, keyless ignition, Ipod integration, and an information screen that will give you endless amounts data on what your GTR is doing. I think they would have produced a better and much lighter car if they would have kept all that crap out but that is for a discussion on NAGTROC.

Despite the GTR's short comings the thing is just a hoot to drive.. It is unbelievable how easily the car generates speed....... It just hooks and goes whenever you need it to. When the AMG's ESP is intervening, or the back end is coming out or the wheels are just spinning, the GTR is clawing and gripping the pavement and seamlessly making rapid forward progress. The GTR always feels planted and composed and never feels like it's trying to kill you......and that's a good thing.

If I had to pick one car to live with everyday, the AMG would get the nod. If I was younger and needed to impress the Honda Vtec types or I was looking to play with Girls-Gone-Wild coeds, the GTR would get the nod.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:33 PM

2016 C63s
Rock,

Do you have anything done to your GTR?
Old 04-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Rock said it best....

I also have to laugh at all the uninspired that say its "still a nissan". Ill buy any car from any marque that can put up the performance that the GT-R and its likes can produce. If KIA comes out with a 11 second car, Im on it

Boy the GT-R loves cheap mods... slap on an HKS GT570 kit which retails for 5700 but sells for much cheaper, add a Cobb A/P, and you very well might have a high 10 second car at 130 mph. Zero to 100 is lights out and with the mods the car loses its slower "up top" issues.

But its just not a daily driver for me, the 997TT can be and is at times when Im bored of the M3. The GT-R is the weekend runner. Oh by the way, the interior isn't all that bad- yes the leather is not as good as the M3 (I have alcantara in the 997TT) but its functional and so are the gauges which some might find overkill. But this car is not about interior, its about performance. When one can enter, go through, and come out of turns faster than ever before, that person becomes a believer.

Its the Kobe Bryant of cars, you either hate it or love it, but you fear it. (except for yesterday, wtf happened Kobe?)
Old 04-25-2010, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by Rock

Okay so something is not adding up. A guy at work tells me his stock GTR would walk my modded SL55 like it was standing still. He says from a dig, from a roll, doesn't matter, he would kick my ***. My best quarter is 11.86 @ 121.3 and that was before EC found another 40 ponies with the custom dyno tune.

The GTR is no doubt quicker, but I'm not so sure it would be a beat down. Funny how the last two times I invited him to the track he couldn't make it at the last minute. If I hook and he short shifts, he might find himself on the wrong end of the leash.

Last edited by cal1; 04-25-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
You can't compare an E55/63 to a GTR. I seen those thing do 0-62 in 3sec flat stright out of the box. Don't underestimate them..It will eat you up and poop you out.

Funy story..Last weekend I went to the movie with my wife and I saw this kid with a silver GTR showing off in front of the theater and all the kids was hanging around it. I pull up pass it to drop off my wife while I go and park, all eyes was on the Porsche. All I hear was "whoa!" "check out that car!" "wow!!" I heard one girl ask her friend.. what kind of car is that?!
I wouldn't bother to go against a GTR but my 911 do look good though.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Received 505 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Rock,

Do you have anything done to your GTR?
I have a mid-pipe and tune. I also have some lighter wheels and tires thanks to a selfless member on this forum who provides many good works and often does it anonymously.

Originally Posted by cal1
Okay so something is not adding up. A guy at work tells me his stock GTR would walk my modded SL55 like it was standing still. He says from a dig, from a roll, doesn't matter, he would kick my ***. My best quarter is 11.86 @ 121.3 and that was before EC found another 40 ponies with the custom dyno tune.

The GTR is no doubt quicker, but I'm not so sure it would be a beat down. Funny how the last two times I invited him to the track he couldn't make it at the last minute. If I hook and he short shifts, he might find himself on the wrong end of the leash.
The stock 1/4 mile times for a GTR are usually listed at 11.7 @ 120 but like the 55s you get a fair amount of variation from engine to engine because they are "hand built". At a track where you can heat up your tires, you would be right there with him. On the street at least from a dig he would likely jump ahead while your rear tires and ESP try to handle all that torque you produce.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

The GTR's are monsters in street form off the line, the traction will just stomp all rear wheel cars with street tires. The only chance we would have is to take it to the track with some drag radials and only then would it be a fair comparison. Crap, even then with a few mods it's going take some work.

I consider my car somewhat quick but there are a ton of cars on the street that would beat me in street form. My torque makes my car almost useless from a dig to 50 mph on street tires. On the track it's a different story, once all my power is transferred to the ground with no traction issues most street cars will have a challenge on their hands.

GTR's are very cheap to mod and become very quick and fast in a heartbeat. IMO comparing our family luxury sedan to some of these ultimate street machines is really not that fair but we do hold our own. How many guys out there have ran a 10.8 @ 130+ with 2 car seats in the back of their family sedan....not many.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:58 PM

2016 C63s
my friend wants to do the HKS exhaust and mid pipe and the Cobb. It's crazy that just a basic bolt on exhaust and tune and the car is in the low 11's or high 10's.
Originally Posted by Vic55
Rock said it best....

I also have to laugh at all the uninspired that say its "still a nissan". Ill buy any car from any marque that can put up the performance that the GT-R and its likes can produce. If KIA comes out with a 11 second car, Im on it

Boy the GT-R loves cheap mods... slap on an HKS GT570 kit which retails for 5700 but sells for much cheaper, add a Cobb A/P, and you very well might have a high 10 second car at 130 mph. Zero to 100 is lights out and with the mods the car loses its slower "up top" issues.

But its just not a daily driver for me, the 997TT can be and is at times when Im bored of the M3. The GT-R is the weekend runner. Oh by the way, the interior isn't all that bad- yes the leather is not as good as the M3 (I have alcantara in the 997TT) but its functional and so are the gauges which some might find overkill. But this car is not about interior, its about performance. When one can enter, go through, and come out of turns faster than ever before, that person becomes a believer.

Its the Kobe Bryant of cars, you either hate it or love it, but you fear it. (except for yesterday, wtf happened Kobe?)
Old 04-25-2010, 04:02 PM

2016 C63s
If he is stock I would think that with your numbers it would be a very close race. I think they run mid 11's stock. At least the 09's did. The 10's are a bit slower because of the lower rpm launch feature according to what I read.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:21 PM

E55
I have driven a stock GTR here in the UK...........it will walk the E55 anyday.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
WOWOW GOOD RUN. Nice to hear this. I know the whole deal from 0 but on a roll only 1 car length is not too bad. On rolls I like to start at 45-50 because its more in our power band. 40 is just a little low on 2nd and high on 1st.

I would love to try out a stock GTR 45-150 like I did with the 212 E63 .
Old 04-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Stock GTR's are slower up top, AWD and gearing rob its potential. I always felt mine was slower after 110-120...but that was when it was stock. I have done medium mods to mine- SP Engineering FTMFW did the work... oh yeah their GT-R just went 9.6 at 150 in Arizona a few weeks back
Old 04-26-2010, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
I would love to try out a stock GTR 45-150 like I did with the 212 E63 .
+1 That is definitely something I would love to see as well

Originally Posted by Vic55
I have done medium mods to mine- SP Engineering FTMFW did the work... oh yeah their GT-R just went 9.6 at 150 in Arizona a few weeks back
Jesus That is dam fast. What mods are done to you GTR Vic?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTR's are Dam Fast