THE RUN AROUND ON MY BUSTED PULLY!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
THE RUN AROUND ON MY BUSTED PULLY!!

So, Looks like my pully is gone, no warranty on it. The Clutch was warrantied.
So they are charging me 1800 to fix the pully and the bands. Now the clutch they are not repairing becuase it is not busted. They also said I should replace both pullies as if I do one, that there will be a loud shreik noise because of the new part hitting old part. They said they could sand the pully down a bit maybe..It was loud anyway and another pully is 1100..
I'm bummed about this crap, I wish I could just upgrade to a Pully Kit real fast.
Now I screamed about the price and they are giving me a 10% discount. so that's good at least.
Anyone else think the stealer is f-ing me.
Oh I had a tranny leak and something was wrong, so they fixed that under warranty at least.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:00 PM

2006 E55, 06 Range Rover SC, 99 Vette, 86 Callaway Vette, 04 Super-Comp Vette (retired)
Damn, sorry to hear that.

Factory or Extended Warranty is not covering the pulley?

Which Dealer in OC? Mine's at an OC dealer right now as well, and one of the items under service is a "noisy" pulley due to my complaint of a very loud Supercharger on Cold-start. Thought it was the clutch, but they say pulley.

$ 2,900 for (2) pullies+? Seems very extreme but hard to tell if that's out-of-line or not without knowing the raw cost of the parts.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S63 AMG, E55 AMG,C Class AMG CLK55 AMG, Jeep Rubicon
Get it out there.

Take it home, go aftermarket and do the new pulleys yourself or pay someone to do it.

I would not pay more money for stock parts.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:10 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
You lost me.... which pulley are you referring to as the primary failure and which pulley "should be" replaced?

SC Pulley clutch Pack & Flange is $2200 +$600 labor per my experience
Belt tensioner pulley also needed to be replaced: $500 installed

Both repairs should be covered under warranty. They were for me.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S63 AMG, E55 AMG,C Class AMG CLK55 AMG, Jeep Rubicon
I think his tensioner is bad. And I think he does not have a warranty and perhaps the clutch has a warranty because it might of been replaced once before

With those numbers, I thought it sounded like his crank pulley broke since they werent doing the clutch.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I had it checked with my SA in Santa Barbara, this is at the Bev Hills dealer.
I have a StarMark CPO. RIght at 80K **** started to go wrong, last week was a 250 dollar front battery
They said the belts and front main pully are not covered, the Clutchpack is.
They said the pully alone with labor and belts is 1800.
My SA in SB said that is was about right and that he was not sure if the pullys are covered.
I remember my CPO does NOT Cover moving parts, like brakes and pads, so I guess pullys is under that.
I mean there is not much I can do, but try to prove it is under warranty later and get my money back.
I did have a trans leak they fixed under the CPO.
They did give me a 10% off discount that they are allowed to give customers.SO scream next time u r at the dealer.
I am really busy and working in LA like a mainiac, so I do not have time to take it home and go after market, I need to get right back on the road. I do not live here, I am staying with a friend.
I feel like I am getting burned.. I do not like the news that if you replace a pully the car could make noise at idle either..

Last edited by Vader13; 04-27-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DmanRox
Damn, sorry to hear that.

Factory or Extended Warranty is not covering the pulley?

Which Dealer in OC? Mine's at an OC dealer right now as well, and one of the items under service is a "noisy" pulley due to my complaint of a very loud Supercharger on Cold-start. Thought it was the clutch, but they say pulley.

$ 2,900 for (2) pullies+? Seems very extreme but hard to tell if that's out-of-line or not without knowing the raw cost of the parts.
Extended Starmark..and its at Bev Hills RipoFF dealer..Prolly the biggest ripoff dealer ever, My SA barley speakes English too. He is from Eastern Europe or something. Last time it was there they messed up my hood latch and then tryed to make me pay for it, I refused. I said I would make a huge scene at the dealer if they charged me and they let it go..
Old 04-28-2010, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
damn sorry to hear all the trouble youare going thru at the stealership...Dropping $3k for the pulley fix.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63 / 996tt
The star mark warranty should cover your pulley replacement. Only thing it should not cover are wear and tear items.

I'm confused as to why they are not covering it! Did you get the work done already?

Beverly Hills Mercedes Benz has got to be the biggest joke of a dealer in the US. Take it somewhere else, WI Simonson perhaps in Santa Monica!!!

We spoke of an SA that will work with our Modified cars.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz E220D/GONE!JUNK!Current GLC Coupe 350d 4 Matic
////

Originally Posted by Roseylv
The star mark warranty should cover your pulley replacement. Only thing it should not cover are wear and tear items.

I'm confused as to why they are not covering it! Did you get the work done already?

Beverly Hills Mercedes Benz has got to be the biggest joke of a dealer in the US. Take it somewhere else, WI Simonson perhaps in Santa Monica!!!

We spoke of an SA that will work with our Modified cars.
Already gave him the 411!
Good Looking out!