Road Rage and Hate, because of what you drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Road Rage and Hate, because of what you drive

Share your stories, would like to read them.

I have had nice rides for many years so am accustomed to the 'treatment.' Yesterday some fool in a Dodge Hemi truck with 12" woofers on his exhaust started ^&*! with me for NO reason. Then started to swing his truck into me because I got fed up with his ^&*(* and punched it and left him thinking he would go away. I was just cruising up until then. I just got on the freeway and left him, amazed at the stupidity.
Of course this was after he was screaming about me being stuck up in a Mercedes. Guess my new wheels are attracting too much attention. This was in the great state of Los Angeles.

Last edited by pearlpower; 05-11-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chrysler Crossfire
I get pissed off everytime I drive my car. It is a lavendar Prius and it just down right makes me hate everyone on the road! I get beat by Corollas, Kias, Rascals, anything with wheels will just pull up to the line and smoke me!

I guess this is kind of the opposite thing you were looking for, but I promise you if you had to drive my car you'd hate everyone on the road too. The things I do to help the environment...
Old 05-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Esh

E55
I had some idiot try to run me off the road and point a fake gun at me one time in Seattle area. I was heading south to get on I-5 from Bremerton and had just passed the bridge. Any of you that know this stretch, the road goes from 3 lanes to 1 lane, a dangerous merge. I was in one of the lanes and had absolutely nowhere to go, so I punched it around a guy. He got pissed off and came after me after I had slowed down. I kept putting a little distance on him then slowing down until he finally exited.

I don't think it was the car, I think it was just that the guy was looking for an excuse to explode on someone.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Originally Posted by Esh
I had some idiot try to run me off the road and point a fake gun at me one time in Seattle area. I was heading south to get on I-5 from Bremerton and had just passed the bridge. Any of you that know this stretch, the road goes from 3 lanes to 1 lane, a dangerous merge. I was in one of the lanes and had absolutely nowhere to go, so I punched it around a guy. He got pissed off and came after me after I had slowed down. I kept putting a little distance on him then slowing down until he finally exited.

I don't think it was the car, I think it was just that the guy was looking for an excuse to explode on someone.
WOW! Nice to know some things never change. I was stationed in Bremerton for 3 years (USS Nimitz) and lived in Renton. I had to take I-5 everyday coming and going. I've experienced my share of road rage but NOTHING even close to that which I experienced in WA. state. Maybe all that rain that causes them to have to wash their cars 2-3 times a day just gets to them. Oh well, glad it didn't escalate to a more violent encounter for either of you. Hate..... it is what it is.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Well I got 1. I see a cop 1 block in front of me standing at the corner basically standing around waiting to tell people to pull over. I had all 4 windows down the pano roof wide open not to mention its 80 degrees SUNNY not a cloud int he sky and he sees my at the time 23 year old baby face.

SO he decides to pick me and I asked him why he pulled me over and he goes "raise your windows" with this stupid tint meter thing . He even had the nerve to tell me "sorry to mess up your day" and "I see you live around here, everytime I see you I'm going to stop you until you take off the tints" and I replied well we going to be seeing each other in court alot cauz im going to take them off and put them back on every single time. . HATER ALL OVER THIS.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Sorry guys, I get nothing but thumbs up in my SL600.

I did have one Prius owner flip me off, that's about it.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
^good one. happened with me this past Sunday, I was standing on a light and about to turn green and there was a car in front of me, like 91 Toyota Celica that looked like it was dropped from the bridge, light turned green but driver didn't move, so i honked, no reaction, i honked again, he start moving slowly, I pass him and floored it. 5 minutes later I stopped at the gas station and that idiot comes to me screaming that he needs to talk to me and yells why did I honk? whats wrong with people? Long story short, I had to explain to him that green means go and etc.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Vic55, can i be a moderator for a day so I will able to delete and ban those spammers Been quite a lot spam in past couple of days
Old 05-11-2010, 09:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
Nice think about the wagon. Nobody really knows what it is.

Now the 996TT, that's another story.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:03 PM

E55, Supercharged Z4 (sold)
When I test drove what is now my car I wasn't in it for 5 minutes before this guy walking on the sidewalk flips me off, totally unprovked. I just laughed and thought "so this is what it would be like to be a Mercedes owner" lol I haven't had any problems since then though thankfully.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:07 PM

Takes the bus.
Just yesterday..
A truck hauling a bunch of cars was blocking me from merging. I looked up and he was staring right at me keeping up at the same speed, i slowed down to try to get behind him, he slowed down so i couldn't merge onto the highway lanes. I ended up having to stop at the end of the merge lane, 2 of my wheels off the road into the grass.
So I got to 135-140 to catch up to him. I turn right in front of him in his lane, slow down to his speed, and do an abrupt brake from probably 80 to 70 in like no time at all.
I had my eye on the rear view mirror and he looked like he was probably about to go ape **** lol. He was probably 1 ft from hitting my rear bumper at the time I gave him a brake check.
I'd do the same thing again.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
Never had any problems, it's actually mostly positive - people really respect Mercedes and seem to admire them. Just received positive comments so far, a few people have stopped and asked about the car, too - like at gas stations or parking lots.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
This happened to me in my 2007 S6 last summer. I was driving down a street I had not been on before and was looking for side st so I was going a little slower then the speed limit. Some fawker in a in a Mk3 golf drives up my *** and rides my bumper for a bit, then honks and pulls around me gives me the finger salute the cuts back into my lane cutting me off. Sure enough he turns down the street I was looking for. I pull up next to him and ask him what his problem is, and he tells me "to stop driving my V10 Gas guzzler like an a**hole". Now if you knew me, you would know what my approach is with tough guys. Lets just say nothing shrinks the sack on a turd like that like a 230 lb guy(me) with 21" extendable baton. The click of his door locks, and his mouthing "I'm Sorry" was worth the price of the admission....Tough guys....I tell ya.

Last edited by KLR CLS; 05-11-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by rondocap
Never had any problems, it's actually mostly positive - people really respect Mercedes and seem to admire them. Just received positive comments so far, a few people have stopped and asked about the car, too - like at gas stations or parking lots.
After a fresh detail/wash then trip to gym, hit gas station I literally got (3) random peeps giving props "Nice ride man etc.." I used to get more of the ugly attention when I was 21 driving brand new lifted Suburban, baby face etc.. Now I'm like a tattered ole junkyard bulldog, if people aren't giving the MB They generally give me a wide berth...

Once in a girlfriends sedan all tinted windows, some joker proceded to flip his wig in parking lot when I didn't move quick enough, droppin' F' bombs arms out window etc.. I just thru it park got out to get up & personal, dudes face then starts waving & stuttering "Ohh my bad soo sorry" starts backing up the wrong way! I laughed & said, "I thought you wanted to talk to me? come back!"
Old 05-11-2010, 11:55 PM

2008 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG, 2017 Porsche Macan S
I was filling up at my local Chevron station over a year ago, when I first got my E63, and this one 'granola cruncher' driving a Kia Rio, filling up behind me, looks at me and says "what a waste of money".

I looked at her, and said "why don't you do as I do...and mind your own business...oh and by the way, what a waste of makeup". She stuck her nose in the air and looked off.

I finished up and just laughed at her as I said "have a nice day"...and roared off.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Funny thing is when I'm in my hybrid I'm the furthest thing from road rage - when you know you can't pass somebody without a downhill, strong tailwind and another car to draft, you calmly except your fate...In the 55 totally different story. I will say this though, where I live and travel, more states than not have concealed carry permits that are easier to get than driver's licenses (Maryland, they're harder to get than a pardon from the governor). Know your state's gun laws before deciding to get out the car where tension is rising.

I mostly have gotten thumbs up in the 55, what's impressed me the most is the amount of women that have positive things to say about it. I've even had one say "beautiful car" while she was sitting with her boyfriend/husband.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Kinda a long one, skip if you don't have the time or care

Long time ago, when I owned a DSM, a older guy brake checked me and I swerved out of his way, thinking he was getting into an accident. Seeing he had no one in front of him he sped up and followed me into the parking lot at work... As I was about to park he sped up and cut me off so I couldn't move forward anymore, got out of his car and was up to my window in record time. I've never seen a fat darker skinned fellow move so quickly. He kept telling me to get out of my car so he could put his foot across my face and I politely said no and without a notice he started to pump his fists repeatedly into the side of my face. It sucked being strapped into sparco's by 4pt harnesses as I was a prisoner of my own car and with it being so low he was basically throwing haymakers. Well guess who comes to save the day! My own mother who was having brunch across the parking lot with her "ladies" from church. She distracts him, I get out and start to handle business in fear of him going after her, and the fact I wanted some retribution

He was completely gassed so it wasn't much of a fight for him anymore and here's the best part.... HIS WIFE AND TWO KIDS (one 2 and the other 4) were in his car and all I could here was his wife screaming for him to stop the moment he got out of his car Long story short, cops were called he was charged with assault and a whole other mess of crap. I was left with a broken eye socket and a busted as hell face.

And why you may ask? When we went to court he told the judge he did it because I was "riding his azz"... yes he said those exact words to a judge.

heh, and we all thought suburbia was a safe place

Now in the benz there are rarely haters, just a lot of people that give a thumbs up or tell me I have a sweet ride in the parking lot.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
T-goss - HOLY ***** - All you had to say was "broken eye socket"!!!!!! I hope he got a lot more than a fine and it marked on his record.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
Originally Posted by motorkas
Funny thing is when I'm in my hybrid I'm the furthest thing from road rage - when you know you can't pass somebody without a downhill, strong tailwind and another car to draft, you calmly except your fate...In the 55 totally different story. I will say this though, where I live and travel, more states than not have concealed carry permits that are easier to get than driver's licenses (Maryland, they're harder to get than a pardon from the governor). Know your state's gun laws before deciding to get out the car where tension is rising.
I mostly have gotten thumbs up in the 55, what's impressed me the most is the amount of women that have positive things to say about it. I've even had one say "beautiful car" while she was sitting with her boyfriend/husband.
Haha...so true!!

Knock on wood.. never had any problems.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:40 AM

Current: 2004 E55 Sold:350zTT
I've gotten a mix of reactions to the car. At gas stations, I often get a, "Great car" and had a lady have a full life-talk because we both owned E-Class Benz, hers was a wagon non-AMG.

Then I have the other extreme where an idiot in a truck just kept yelling at a red light, guess he was out of the cornfield for a little too long
Old 05-12-2010, 11:11 AM

E63 AMG & CLK350
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
hahahahaha that's happened before
Old 05-12-2010, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Sorry guys, I get nothing but thumbs up in my SL600.

I had a guy in a Prius try to ace me out in a merging lane. I was laughing so hard I let him.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:44 AM

2010 C63
no problems here in L.A.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W211 P030 E63 AMG // W204 C63 Coupe
I live out in NJ, I just recently bought my 63, and have had multiple reactions.. Everyone out here are pretty much your average tough guys, until you get out of the car.. with a few people

Driving the car home from the dealer, i had a burly guy on a harley actually turn around (@ 65 mph) and give me a which was kinda cool.

ahhh for the hater part. does no one in this world relalize what these cars are capable of?!?! Driving on highways, i have every %$&!sucker in the world, licking my bumper in any lane, and then flooring it around me.
I let most go, but this one scumbag in a jaguar xf kept trying to toy with me. He gets ahead, then pulls back. goes around. switches back behind me. he gets back behind me, rides my bumper until i brake check him from 65 down to about 25 30, and rips around. he gets about a car length and i mash my foot to the floor, flying by him with 2 other ppl in my car, he makes this face ---> . ahhhh the satisfaction of that was enough

no cop trouble, yet. and god willing, none. I do have a baby face, im a lil over a month shy of my 21st bday. but when i had my w209, I might as well have had local cops gunning me from a satellite.. i wouldnt have known the difference.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I haven't experienced anything as extreme as some of you guys have, but one time a guy driving a limousine started flipping me off while making angry-pissed off faces... as I slowed down, he rolled down his rear window and there was a younger gal with a bunch of friends holding signs that said: "your car is destroying my environment a**hole!!!!" It turns out they were a group of environmentalists.... The ironic part is, the limousine they were driving was not really environmental friendly at all

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Road Rage and Hate, because of what you drive