Sponsored by:

Multimedia adapter for Command 2.0

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 02:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
96 P993T, 00 E55, 09 SL63
Multimedia adapter for Command 2.0

Has anybody installed the Multimedia adapter on the Command 2.0 on the W210? I bought this adapter from European website and tried to install it to my commmand but got allkind of error signal (showing on the MB programming laptop).

The adapter did not come with any instruction since they are supposed to be plug and play to the command 2.0 without the TV tuner.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Re: Multimedia adapter for Command 2.0

Originally posted by E55MKB
since they are supposed to be plug and play to the command 2.0 without the TV tuner.
on euro spec comands...I don't know whether you have the US or euro spec...

greetingz,
Old 04-02-2003, 01:07 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK55 Cab
I can almost guarantee you that STAR(I think thats what its called) software in the US spec command systems has some sort of option disabling this feature, even if you add in the part. My friends cadillac was not able to play DVD movies while in motion until he got a mechanic to come to his house and activate it "under the table". The fact that its a law in the US that you cant have Tv's in the front of a car is probably the reason for this. That little blinking laptop thing probably represents the laptop that runs the STAR software that they hook up to your car(which they do).
Old 04-02-2003, 03:10 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally posted by trock3155
I can almost guarantee you that STAR(I think thats what its called) software in the US spec command systems has some sort of option disabling this feature
Not anymore...mercedes deleted the option to bypass the TV-while-in-motion-feature in their star diagnose software eversince last may or june...
When the MB dealership is working with updated software (which I presume they are), they are not able to bypass the TV in motion anylonger...

greetingz,