W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear corner install Which side to start from?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63
Clear corner install Which side to start from?????

Ok where do u start trying to pop them out from the front of the car side or the back end?????????
From reading some posts gotta pop them out but from which side???
Also what people used to pop them out.
I feel using a screwdriver might chip the paint.
Which side do i start from??Do i try to pop it out from top or bottom???
HELP
Please help wanna put these pretty lights on.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1969 280S, 1991 300E
It's pretty easy to tell how they pop out when you look at the new lens & hold it up to the bumper.

Go in through the fender liner & use an angled screwdriver or any long object with a slight bend in it to pop that clip out.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:16 PM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Originally Posted by Busta Riles
Go in through the fender liner & use an angled screwdriver or any long object with a slight bend in it to pop that clip out.
No disrespect to my man Busta Riles but this is definitely the "long way around" method. Get a pretty slim flat head screwdriver and a hand towel. Starting from the end closest to your wheel, place the towel against the car at the rear edge of the lens to protect the paint while you leverage the lens out. Get the screwdriver in the space between the fender and lens and pop it out. You'll meet with a little resistance but don't stop. It literally pops right out. I changed mine from orange (OEM), to clear, to smoke. Literally less than five minutes to swap lenses and bulbs, both sides combined.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Originally Posted by GedaBlaq
No disrespect to my man Busta Riles but this is definitely the "long way around" method. Get a pretty slim flat head screwdriver and a hand towel. Starting from the end closest to your wheel, place the towel against the car at the rear edge of the lens to protect the paint while you leverage the lens out. Get the screwdriver in the space between the fender and lens and pop it out. You'll meet with a little resistance but don't stop. It literally pops right out. I changed mine from orange (OEM), to clear, to smoke. Literally less than five minutes to swap lenses and bulbs, both sides combined.
E63 have different lense and it will crack and break if you try to pop it out by the edge. Only way to save the old one is to remove it from the inner fender like Busta Riles mention.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by GedaBlaq
No disrespect to you either, but you are full of . Did you not see that his is a different MY then yours? Did you not know that the side markers changed between MYs? Therefore your steps may not work as easily as someone elses.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:38 PM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG
E63 have different lense and it will crack and break if you try to pop it out by the edge. Only way to save the old one is to remove it from the inner fender like Busta Riles mention.
OOPS! My bad my man/ apologies Busta. I didn't see the HUGE E63 in the post. Reading too fast, too eager to help & not paying enough attention.
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
No disrespect to you either, but you are full of . Did you not see that his is a different MY then yours? Did you not know that the side markers changed between MYs? Therefore your steps may not work as easily as someone elses.
Sorry my man, but calling me full of when I made an honest mistake while just trying to help a fellow forum member, is disrespect to me. Did you not know that? No disrespect, a$$hole.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63
i just swapped mine out,, what a pita.. i ended up breaking off one of the stock clips just to them off.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:34 PM

2006 Lamborghini Gallardo, 2004 MB SL600, 2005 GMC Sierra Diesel Crew Cab, 1999 Lexus GS400
Where did you get your clear turn signals?

There seem to be several suppliers out there. Where did you guys get yours and do you like the quality of them?

TIA
Frank.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Originally Posted by Black SL Bullet
There seem to be several suppliers out there. Where did you guys get yours and do you like the quality of them?

TIA
Frank.
I got the smoke one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-09...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-09...Q5fAccessories
Old 07-08-2010, 12:21 PM

04 e55 amg
so i have a e55 amg, and wanted to get mine out. I have some lens film I wanted to use. is there a safe way to get these lenses out without breaking them. i started to try the screwdriver in-between method and heard cracking....

thanks