Sponsored by:

Not so sure about Easy Care...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 03:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'12 E63, E55(sold), C32 (sold), '65 Skylark GS 445 convertible, '12 ML350
Not so sure about Easy Care...

So, I know quite a few of you have extended warranties with Easy Care - which in general has a pretty good reputation.

But I thought I'd share this story.

Last week I was hunting for an extended warranty so I started hunting around...through my dealer (Easy Care), from Easy Care directly, and through Chrysler Factory. I'd called them all and got prices etc. and agreed to have Easy Care send someone to my house to do an inspection and pay $99 for it.

The inspection was done and about that time, I made the decision to go with Chrysler. All I need was a copy of the inspection I'd paid for and the receipt and to send that to Michael Case over at Chrysler Factory.

I called the rep at easy care and told her I would like a copy of the receipt and the inspection. At first, she responded, "Sure - how about I just email it to you?" and I said great. She kept pushing for a credit card number to run the total charge for the plan and I said please just send the inspection and the receipt.

She said she would send it. A few hours later, no receipt & no inspection so I sent her a quick email:

From: EasyCare CC - Louanne Hovater <LHovater@us.easycare.com>
Subject: RE: John - Your EasyCare benefits request
To: "John" <pullejo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 6:40 PM

I have attached the copy of the inspection receipt and the inspection. I have been trying to reach you make sure it was the stated care coverage you were going with. I also needed a copy of your buyers order.

Thanks in advance,

Louanne

Louanne Hovater
EasyCare™ Customer Care
12200 Northwest Freeway Suite 501
Houston, TX 77092
Toll Free: 888.315.1263 Ext 1419
Fax: 713.476.0197
Email: LHovater@us.easycare.com

Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 5:14 PM
To: EasyCare CC - Louanne Hovater
Subject: Re: John - Your EasyCare benefits request

Louanna,

Were you going to send over the report and the receipt?

-John

--- On Mon, 5/10/10, Louanne Hovater <LHovater@us.easycare.com> wrote:

Subject: John - Your EasyCare benefits request
To: pullejo@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, May 10, 2010, 1:31 PM

Dear John Pullen,

Thank you for contacting EasyCare, the ONLY MOTOR TREND recommended Best Buy in its category! My name is Louanne Hovater and I am the advisor who will provide you with coverage options that meet your needs. You may contact me at (888)315-1263 extension 1419 or simply reply to this email with any questions you may have. I look forward to working with you.

Thank you for your interest in EasyCare and have a good day.

Louanne Hovater

EasyCare Customer Care
www.EasyCare.com
6430 FM 1960 West #229
Houston, TX 77069
888-315-1263
713-476-0197 fax

After she finally sent the receipt and the inspection...she continued to call and leave voice mails pressuring me for a credit card # and confirm what plan I wanted. I never actually spoke to her.

Then, on Saturday morning, I noticed a charge for $3996 on my debit card.

Without my authorization and without ever speaking directly to me, she just went ahead and charged me for something I never agreed to or asked for.

I of course immediately contacted Bank of America who in turn called "Customer Care" (Easy Care's parent I guess) and we got a manager. I did receive a voice mail from Louanne yesterday, but I was out all day at a swin/run adventure race.

I called her this morning and left a voice mail for her, but have yet to hear anything. If they promptly remove the charge and replace my funds...I'll drop it.

An absolutely ABSURD practice that I thought I should share.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by pullejo
So, I know quite a few of you have extended warranties with Easy Care - which in general has a pretty good reputation.

But I thought I'd share this story.

Last week I was hunting for an extended warranty so I started hunting around...through my dealer (Easy Care), from Easy Care directly, and through Chrysler Factory. I'd called them all and got prices etc. and agreed to have Easy Care send someone to my house to do an inspection and pay $99 for it.

The inspection was done and about that time, I made the decision to go with Chrysler. All I need was a copy of the inspection I'd paid for and the receipt and to send that to Michael Case over at Chrysler Factory.

I called the rep at easy care and told her I would like a copy of the receipt and the inspection. At first, she responded, "Sure - how about I just email it to you?" and I said great. She kept pushing for a credit card number to run the total charge for the plan and I said please just send the inspection and the receipt.

She said she would send it. A few hours later, no receipt & no inspection so I sent her a quick email:

From: EasyCare CC - Louanne Hovater <LHovater@us.easycare.com>
Subject: RE: John - Your EasyCare benefits request
To: "John" <pullejo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 6:40 PM

I have attached the copy of the inspection receipt and the inspection. I have been trying to reach you make sure it was the stated care coverage you were going with. I also needed a copy of your buyers order.

Thanks in advance,

Louanne

Louanne Hovater
EasyCare™ Customer Care
12200 Northwest Freeway Suite 501
Houston, TX 77092
Toll Free: 888.315.1263 Ext 1419
Fax: 713.476.0197
Email: LHovater@us.easycare.com

Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 5:14 PM
To: EasyCare CC - Louanne Hovater
Subject: Re: John - Your EasyCare benefits request

Louanna,

Were you going to send over the report and the receipt?

-John

--- On Mon, 5/10/10, Louanne Hovater <LHovater@us.easycare.com> wrote:

Subject: John - Your EasyCare benefits request
To: pullejo@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, May 10, 2010, 1:31 PM

Dear John Pullen,

Thank you for contacting EasyCare, the ONLY MOTOR TREND recommended Best Buy in its category! My name is Louanne Hovater and I am the advisor who will provide you with coverage options that meet your needs. You may contact me at (888)315-1263 extension 1419 or simply reply to this email with any questions you may have. I look forward to working with you.

Thank you for your interest in EasyCare and have a good day.

Louanne Hovater

EasyCare Customer Care
www.EasyCare.com
6430 FM 1960 West #229
Houston, TX 77069
888-315-1263
713-476-0197 fax

After she finally sent the receipt and the inspection...she continued to call and leave voice mails pressuring me for a credit card # and confirm what plan I wanted. I never actually spoke to her.

Then, on Saturday morning, I noticed a charge for $3996 on my debit card.

Without my authorization and without ever speaking directly to me, she just went ahead and charged me for something I never agreed to or asked for.

I of course immediately contacted Bank of America who in turn called "Customer Care" (Easy Care's parent I guess) and we got a manager. I did receive a voice mail from Louanne yesterday, but I was out all day at a swin/run adventure race.

I called her this morning and left a voice mail for her, but have yet to hear anything. If they promptly remove the charge and replace my funds...I'll drop it.

An absolutely ABSURD practice that I thought I should share.
What a douchebag. I would get that person on the phone and/or contact someone and raise a stink.

Just another reason I refuse to use my debit card and only use my credit card. Those folks are a lot more motivated to get their money back while yours is still sitting in your account.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:26 PM

Totally infuriates me.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:09 PM

2005 E55
Hmm.. I've had no issues with easy care.. Had multiple repairs and my mechanic says they are by FAR the best third party warranty company they've ever dealt with.. Sounds like you're just working with "that guy/gal"..
Old 05-23-2010, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by lightningfast7
Hmm.. I've had no issues with easy care.. Had multiple repairs and my mechanic says they are by FAR the best third party warranty company they've ever dealt with.. Sounds like you're just working with "that guy/gal"..
+1 my service adviser told me that over the years he has dealt with a lot of aftermarket warranty companies and non of them were as easy to deal with as Easy Care. Their adjusters are very prompt and very reasonable. But I guess their sales people are not as easy going

To the OP: sorry to hear about your story..... in my opinion it is 100% unacceptable for a company to charge you for something without your approval I would make sure you speak to a supervisor and investigate on what merits did they think they could charge you
Old 05-23-2010, 06:50 PM

Agreed to all here - everything I've heard about Easy Care was positive and that's why I initiated contact. They raised their prices substantially on May 1st (about another $1500 for the best plan on our cars bringing it right to $5K for for 3 yr/36K) so I decided to go with Chrysler instead.

I just want to make sure no one here deals with Louanne Hovater. She charged my card without my authorization. That's illegal. Technically stealing.

I hope that if anyone ever Googles her, this thread shows up. :-)

Louanne Hovater Louanne Hovater Louanne Hovater Louanne Hovater Louanne Hovater

That should take care of that. :-)

I'm still giving her a day to remedy the situation (tomorrow) but then I will be notifying the BBB and calling her manager directly again.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
I suppose the potential commission on the sale pushed this gal to the point of unethical (unlawful too) behavior. Maybe companies that compensate with commissions should include some training in ethics. This particular salesperson has done a disservice to you, her company and herself by her actions.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:15 PM

'03 E55, '04 911 GT3, '05 F250
E55 warranty

I just purchased an 03' E55 and checked into getting the extended warranty with Michael Case, and the web site said that they discontinued MB extended warranties on May 20th. Ouch! Luckily JM&A offers a great extended warranty plan. Has anyone ever delt with JM&A?

Thanks
Old 05-23-2010, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Absolutely unacceptable!!!!! - Hope you get this resolved. One of the reasons I use my AMEX for everything.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:45 AM

Well - she's yet to return my call ... but I am happy that now if anyone every Google's her, this thread comes up right after her facebook, myspace, and linked in pages. :-)
Old 05-24-2010, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Well - she's yet to return my call ... but I am happy that now if anyone every Google's her, this thread comes up right after her facebook, myspace, and linked in pages. :-)
Wow, number four: "Not so sure about Easy Care". Who wouldn't click on that if they were checking out Easy Care on the web.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:40 AM

So...to be fair to Easy Care...I need to post that first thing this morning (first thing central standard time that is - so I of course was in the middle of a conf. call) I did receive a call from a sales manager named Clayton Adams. He was courteous and quick to resolve my issues. I did have to send an email to him asking to "cancel the warranty and refund my money" (which in retrospect, I'm thinking I shouldn't have had to - because that sort of makes it look like I agreed to it at sometime). He stated that the charge should be reversed sometime today after 12:00 PM.

Ms. Hovater never returned my call, but I have a feeling she's being reprimanded and they're looking into the phone recordings and emails that flew back and forth.

I certainly hope she doesn't lose her job - but I certainly hope she never does that to anyone again either.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
So...to be fair to Easy Care...I need to post that first thing this morning (first thing central standard time that is - so I of course was in the middle of a conf. call) I did receive a call from a sales manager named Clayton Adams. He was courteous and quick to resolve my issues. I did have to send an email to him asking to "cancel the warranty and refund my money" (which in retrospect, I'm thinking I shouldn't have had to - because that sort of makes it look like I agreed to it at sometime). He stated that the charge should be reversed sometime today after 12:00 PM.

Ms. Hovater never returned my call, but I have a feeling she's being reprimanded and they're looking into the phone recordings and emails that flew back and forth.

I certainly hope she doesn't lose her job - but I certainly hope she never does that to anyone again either.
That could happen. As you stated earlier, that was illegal. Unauthorized charging is a big no-no and could pose liabilities on the company that she works for.

Same situation happened to a friend of mines wife. The receptionist charged his wife's credit card (that was on record for co-pay's) to pay for her son's dental work. The receptionist was fired, and was charged with theft by deception or something like that.

On the warranty, I decided against Easy Care and went with an MB Extended ($0 deductible) due to the high deductibles.