Sponsored by:

what are the pros and cons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 11:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 Armada
what are the pros and cons

What are the pro and cons of going Kleeman stage 1 vs Eurocharged stage 1?

I live in between both companies. I am trying to decide which would be a better route to go.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Kleeman is more reputable. Eurocharged has issues with their tune.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:27 AM

Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody, Porsche Cayenne, International Scout
Originally Posted by pearlpower
Kleeman is more reputable. Eurocharged has issues with their tune.
I can't speak, firsthand, to any issues with Eurocharged, but I can tell you from personal experience that I have enjoyed my Kleemann experience very much. I would highly recommend it! The folks at Kleemann are always very helpful, and I've been extremely pleased with the performance gains. I would imagine that both companies offer something they do well, but I think you should go with Kleemann!
Old 05-28-2010, 07:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cornfed gtr and m3
Kleemann is definitely a reputable company, and you can not beat Cory's customer service!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:54 AM

2012 Armada
thanks for the feed back guys.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:56 AM

2012 Armada
Originally Posted by dlav06
I can't speak, firsthand, to any issues with Eurocharged, but I can tell you from personal experience that I have enjoyed my Kleemann experience very much. I would highly recommend it! The folks at Kleemann are always very helpful, and I've been extremely pleased with the performance gains. I would imagine that both companies offer something they do well, but I think you should go with Kleemann!
man our cars are very similar. same year, color, wheels. I have only seen a few E55's floating around KC and they have all been black. Nice to see another silver one out here.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Viking War Ship
Originally Posted by 930chas
Kleemann is definitely a reputable company, and you can not beat Cory's customer service!

This man speaks the truth. Cory helped me out considerably, even before I was a paying customer. Most shops won't give you the time of day until they are on the clock. Can't say enough good things about Cory.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:10 PM

E55 AMG
+ 1 for Cory and the Kleemann product, I must have spoken to Cory 20 times before I spent any money with him and I'm in a different country! I wish I could buy all my mods from them.

I also recommend RENNtech, just don't expect the same customer service.

Paul
Old 05-28-2010, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Just can't say enough about Cory at Kleemann!

Once you are a customer, you STAY a customer for life. Meaning service after the sale happens forever.

The tunes are solid and make nice power.

It's a no brainer. Kleemann FTW!
Old 05-28-2010, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Cls63 & C32
Eurocharged.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:38 PM

2012 Armada
Originally Posted by Robert AMG
Eurocharged.
why?
Old 05-28-2010, 06:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e55 w/LET TUNE Drinks: vodka STRAIGHT Wheels: 19" HRE 547r Mods:FF headers ASP Pulley
Originally Posted by jayhawkblk
why?
half the price.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:18 PM

2012 Armada
Originally Posted by theeddie
half the price.
Good point.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Cls63 & C32
why?
No issues after one year and a half dealing with them, modded lots of cars, best customers service also, i bought from them lately a set of LT headers, it was lost by shipping, they send me a new one with no cost.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
I still think Renntech is the gold standard, but you will think your parts are gold plated when you see their prices. Kleemann seems to be great stuff and a much better value than RT although I don't have any Kleemann mods so no direct experience. I have heard nothing but great things about Cory. Eurocharged will most likely be the least expensive. Lots of people run Jerry tunes (Eurocharged/LET).

I have RT mods (Pulley, tune and HE). They are excellent products, but the same results could have been had cheaper IMHO. My current tune is a dyno tune done by Jerry and Greg at Eurocharged. They dialed some additional mods in and set me up with a conservative (slightly richer AFRs) tune. I am very happy with it.

You might want to get pricing from all three and talk to them all before making a final decsion.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Is there a reason why you are only considering either Kleeman or EC other than location? There are plenty of used pulley's out there right now that could be bought at a fraction of the price new. As of tunes I personally like Jeremy over at OE Tuning, he has done an excellent job on many cars here on the board.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
I'm personally a Kleemann customer for life. Just as everyone has stated their CS is top notch and their product speaks for itself. Power gains are standard across their product line so you can be very confident in what you can expect after an upgrade. I wrote a thread about getting K1 installed and would be more than happy to give you every detail if you're interested. Give Cory an email, it'll shock you how quick you get response back and he'll do everything he can to answer every question you can come up with.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:28 PM

2012 Armada
Originally Posted by tgoss
I'm personally a Kleemann customer for life. Just as everyone has stated their CS is top notch and their product speaks for itself. Power gains are standard across their product line so you can be very confident in what you can expect after an upgrade. I wrote a thread about getting K1 installed and would be more than happy to give you every detail if you're interested. Give Cory an email, it'll shock you how quick you get response back and he'll do everything he can to answer every question you can come up with.
If you could give me the details that would be awesome. Cory was very quick in his email response.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:24 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
I have been very satisfied with my ASP 180mm pulley(bought used) and Eurocharged tune. CS was top-notch, and the guys at the shop are awesome. They even took time out of their day to go for a long ride with me to make sure everything was 100% and explain exactly what to expect with the new pulley and tune. What pay twice as much for what is essentially the same product? I don't see RT or Kleemann offering anything that even remotely justifies the huge jump in price.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Originally Posted by izzyz28
What pay twice as much for what is essentially the same product? I don't see RT or Kleemann offering anything that even remotely justifies the huge jump in price.
What makes you think they are the same? The Eurocharged tune is proven to be faulty-PROVEN! Two blown motors in this forum. Sensor blocking in the coding. Horrible customer service with my last transaction. So please, why do you believe the tunes are the same between the two? I have yet to read anything other than praise for Kleeman.
Now I can say my pulley from Eurocharged/ASP is top notch, I am just scared to death about their tune on my car right now. Just because it is running fine today..............I have asked them to come on here and respond to the concerns with them blocking sensor data on their tunes that protect the motor. Not a peep. So again, same?

Last edited by pearlpower; 05-29-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
If you could give me the details that would be awesome. Cory was very quick in his email response.
Here you go man...

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...eemann-k1.html

Hopefully that has most of the info you're looking for.

PM if you have any questions.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
What makes you think they are the same? The Eurocharged tune is proven to be faulty-PROVEN! Two blown motors in this forum. Sensor blocking in the coding. Horrible customer service with my last transaction. So please, why do you believe the tunes are the same between the two? I have yet to read anything other than praise for Kleeman.
Now I can say my pulley from Eurocharged/ASP is top notch, I am just scared to death about their tune on my car right now. Just because it is running fine today..............I have asked them to come on here and respond to the concerns with them blocking sensor data on their tunes that protect the motor. Not a peep. So again, same?
Three blown motors.....

Stay away from Eurocharged
Old 05-30-2010, 11:01 AM

2012 Armada
This has been helpful. I will keep researching. I am leaning towards Kleeman I would like to do stage 2 if i can find it in my budget.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
What kind of sensor blocking are you referring to? This is the first I heard of this and I'm curious where how this conclusion was drawn? Make no mistake I'm not a LET (EC) fan but statements like this should be backed by facts. Please share or post a link to the thread describing what you speak of.

To the OP, do you research and you'll see that you have more options other then the 2 companies. If you wish to stay with either one you couldn't go wrong with Kleeman.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:16 PM

2012 Armada
I was only looking at those two because they are close to me. I can do all the mechanical work but I have never tuned a car so I wanted to go to someone who knew what they were doing. I have also considered evosport but they are in Cali.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what are the pros and cons