Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by AMGPilot
Stay away from Eurocharged
May be it is a tune, but their pulleys and headers are good. So I wouldn't stay that far away, cause Kleemann shorties are way too small imho
Old 05-30-2010, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 BMW M5, 1992 AWD DSM, 1988 Yamaha FZR1000
My Eurocharged tune shut off my O2 sensor/O2 heater/Catalyst as far as emissions go. Other than that it's been great, but having to send my ECU back to get it fixed and having a week of downtime is going to suck.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Originally Posted by bassn_07
What kind of sensor blocking are you referring to? This is the first I heard of this and I'm curious where how this conclusion was drawn? Make no mistake I'm not a LET (EC) fan but statements like this should be backed by facts. Please share or post a link to the thread describing what you speak of.

To the OP, do you research and you'll see that you have more options other then the 2 companies. If you wish to stay with either one you couldn't go wrong with Kleeman.
A recent thread on headers had the discussion about their tune from someone that witnessed them doing it and also when he viewed it himself. You would have to search. Member name is Craigo. I also questioned Eurocharged on this and asked for an explanation and also called them out twice on this issue. No response from them.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jayhawkblk
I was only looking at those two because they are close to me. I can do all the mechanical work but I have never tuned a car so I wanted to go to someone who knew what they were doing. I have also considered evosport but they are in Cali.
If you're looking for other options let me know. I have a person in mind that has done some fabulous work with many E55's here on MBW. His reputation speaks for himself and he doesn't really do any advertising because people usually hunt him out. Just shoot me a pm and let me know otherwise good luck with your search. He's not a vendor here on MBW so mentioning his name might be a no no.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by pearlpower
A recent thread on headers had the discussion about their tune from someone that witnessed them doing it and also when he viewed it himself. You would have to search. Member name is Craigo. I also questioned Eurocharged on this and asked for an explanation and also called them out twice on this issue. No response from them.
Gotcha. Usually no response is a sign of fault but you never know. Hopefully they'll chime in and try to clear their name otherwise rumors and speculation kills.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bassn_07
Gotcha. Usually no response is a sign of fault but you never know. Hopefully they'll chime in and try to clear their name otherwise rumors and speculation kills.
I agree, I have been hoping they would say something also as I have the tune on my car. The pulley it top notch quality though.
Just need to find a good tuner in So Cal.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I agree, I have been hoping they would say something also as I have the tune on my car. The pulley it top notch quality though.
Just need to find a good tuner in So Cal.
Are you joking about finding a tuner in Socal...! IMO you guys have the best in the game in Socal and I could only imagine what my car would do having my tuner in my backyard. I have traveled to Socal several times since I purchased my car just to visit him.

I'm not here trying to bash nor throw tuners under the bus but rather share my experience I've had over the course of my journey. Once again IMO there is no comparison in my eyes who has the best custom tunes for our E55's. When the time is right and hopefully it will be soon many will post up about this tuner and what he has done. It's against MBW policy to mention "tuners" that are not a supporting vendor here on MBW. If you're interested please pm me and we could take this offline. Once again, not trying to be secretive but more so following the guidelines.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
I have an EuroTek tune and have been very happy with it, no issues what so ever. I'm in AZ so they FedEx'd me the laptop, we did it over the phone and I sent it back to them.

I drive 100 miles a day too and from work and have already but on 10,000 miles on my E55 in 7 months and would go with them again.

In fact I'll be getting their 180MM pulley and HE exchanger very soon. They very kindly will do a free retune for me to make sure everything's working properly.

So great prices from them, good service and everything works. Heck I'm even getting 21-22 MPG now after their tune.

Alex
Old 06-01-2010, 08:56 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
This is news to me (sorry I don't read every thread).... Turning off sensors like cats or knock? Turning off cat codes like everyone else yes knock sensors nope. And to the person that "witnessed" it im truely impressed. Everything done when tuning is written and modified in hex code, so unless he can read hex code I highly doubt that story...
Old 06-01-2010, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry, but your a sponsor of their items and a bit bias, and should be ashamed for ignoring concerns when it comes to members cars. Three blown motors-links to two below. But I'm sure you are doubting those as well? How about you contact Eurocharged and have them respond directly as I have done. One would think that all of the bad press would get them to come out and respond. Would you agree with that?

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...headers-2.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...tor-story.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...oooooommm.html

Last edited by pearlpower; 06-01-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:53 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Sorry, but your a sponsor of their items and a bit bias, and should be ashamed for ignoring concerns when it comes to members cars. Three blown motors-links to two below. But I'm sure you are doubting those as well? How about you contact Eurocharged and have them respond directly as I have done. One would think that all of the bad press would get them to come out and respond. Would you agree with that?

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...headers-2.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...tor-story.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...oooooommm.html
I own eurocharged with jerry, and yes, I am responding when I see things. I apologize as I never saw or overlooked that post in the header thread.

I have not seen an email to us or a pm regarding that though. I also tune and know that you can't watch the code and tell what we are doing in the file unless you have the corresponding dimsport map key as well as the placement in the file. So we can rule out that.

The my blown motor story was repaired by Mercedes and not us. We never saw the car after. And they determined it was a ring issue, and fixed the error with his warranty.

In the engine went kaboom thread, we find it interesting that when the injectors were asked to go out for inspection, they were missing at the place that the engine was dropped off for determination of what happened. Also, when the shop that was looking at the motor stated that they could not say that the tune caused the problem then thread was closed by the op.

The "third" blown motor was a hardware error that was done in our shop with a former tech getting a little too overzealous with some gasket sealer and ended up blocking one of the oil lines. The car was brought in when another shop miss-installed a pulley and broke/damaged the keyway. We took full ownership of the problem, replaced the engine and the owner posted saying nothing but good things.

Last edited by loungn14; 06-01-2010 at 12:22 PM.