Sponsored by:

Comand install with credit to all the threads people have provided on this site

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 01:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E55K AMG
Comand install with credit to all the threads people have provided on this site

Removed my APS 50 and installed an NTG comand and was using the NAV Map within 2 hrs. Changed to AMG logo, enabled MP3, Region free and DVD in motion.

Very greatful to all the information people have posted in the past, the only frustrating thing was filtering information that people add which is theory/speculation and not fact.

Regarding the comand, how does TMC work? it worked on the APS 50 but says 'TMC undefined' on the NTG comand screen when selected? I dont have an instruction manual for the unit.

Also I have two units/components left over from the install from the donor car what are they?

many thanks
Attached Thumbnails Comand install with credit to all the threads people have provided on this site-dsc05612x.jpg   Comand install with credit to all the threads people have provided on this site-dsc05613x.jpg  
Old 05-28-2010, 04:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Silver E55
looks like the bluetooth module so you can enable blue tooth in your car. you should use those if you can or atleast keep them for the next owner.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 Designo 030
OP - can you please post more info on this! Was the NTG unit plug and play? What year is your E55?
Old 05-28-2010, 08:34 PM

E55K AMG
Originally Posted by mikeevo
looks like the bluetooth module so you can enable blue tooth in your car. you should use those if you can or atleast keep them for the next owner.
Cheers

thought they were something to do with the phone, were are they installed? I already have nokia phone cradle.

still would like to know exactly what they are ? ............I now know I need a more recent NAV DISC version for TMC.

Last edited by £ C43 £ AMG £; 05-28-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:55 PM

E55K AMG
Originally Posted by ///AMG4EVER
OP - can you please post more info on this! Was the NTG unit plug and play? What year is your E55?
sure 03,

EURO comand unit plugged in using the existing fibre optics and worked straight away with the cd changer/telephone and instrument cluster for NAV/radio/logic 7 etc, but all that was working before with the APS unit.

I had NAV processor braket and NAV wiring in the boot from factory release.

All I had to do in the boot to get the NAV working was:

1. Unplug the GPS ariel from the extention lead which goes to the front of the car and plug it onto the shorter prewired one in the boot, which was not used previously.

2. Remove the rear seats/trim and carpet along left side of the car and unplug the optic cable to the AGW and make the bridge in the circuit again with the two NAV processor optic cables that were also in the car from factory but were not being used before.

Hope this helps, but I am happy to answer any other questions.

All UK cars...... I think? don't have tele aid, so this did not cause me any issues with the GPS.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:09 AM

E55K AMG
What is the function of the options in the menu that enables MP3 playing?
Attached Thumbnails Comand install with credit to all the threads people have provided on this site-29052010028x.jpg