W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who was on I-70 late last night with me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Current: 2004 E55 Sold:350zTT
Who was on I-70 late last night with me?

Was heading home around 2:30 a.m. and was rolling with a silver W211 E55 for a brief period before the cop snagged you.

Car had: rear diffuser and trunk lid from what I could see.

Anyways, hey and sorry about the 5.0
Old 05-29-2010, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His wife crazy
You're lucky. Maryland cops are notorious for making multiple car stops.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by X2Board
You're lucky. Maryland cops are notorious for making multiple car stops.
He pulled over the other vehicle right in front of an exit, so I took that exit and pursued back roads home to avoid any back-up units.

My V1 didn't go off at all, i'm assuming that he was very accurate with the laser or just pulling him over out of jealousy for speed greater than reasonable.

Can't a few AMG cars just drive?
Old 05-29-2010, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
This brings back memories of the good ole' VA State Troopers... I was driving home after a long night of work back in my younger days... I had a 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier that had been highly modified (Dodge Viper Yellow, body kit, dual exhaust that actually made it sound like a V6 [and not a lawnmower], wheels, audio, interior, tinted windows [limo tint thanks to my MD], and some "go fast" [if you can call a Cavalier fast... but it was to me back in the day] mods. I get onto 495 from Potomac Ave and head toward Alexandria. Almost immediately some jerk in a conversion van (think A-Team, but a POS with rust, etc.) starts messing with me and racing me. This is about 2:30 AM and 495 is pretty deserted. He gets in front of me and does a brake check, hard... But, the road is free and instead of slamming on my brakes, I down shift and move into another lane and fly by him, cut in front of him and nail my brakes hard and come to a complete stop in the middle of two lanes... He high beams me and flies by me... Thinking it is over, I continue my journey home... Next thing you know, he has slowed down and starts messing with me again... I see him bend down for something so I speed up hard.. I am doing over 100mph to keep my distance from him... For about two to three minutes... Then I slow down.... Next thing you know I see headlights in my rearview mirror... Thinking it is him again, I speed up... Sure as ****... Flashing blue lights... MY HEART DROPS!!! I pull over in the left lane... The officer is there in mere seconds with his weapon drawn and light shining in my eyes... He asks the usual questions... I am literally shaking having known how fast I was going... He asks me why I was going so fast and I tell him about the van and the guy reaching down and I wasn't sure what he was reaching for so I sped up... He tells me he has been following us and watching what the van was doing since I got onto 495... He asks if I have been drinking... Etc... Nope.... He starts looking through my car... Asks if I have ever received a ticket for my exhaust (again, it is pretty loud... most people actually mistook my car for a mustang with it's color and the sound of the exhaust, even though it was a 4 cylinder)... I tell him no.. He asks about my tint... I show him my MD order for the tint (been pulled multiple times for this). I am sure he has asked for license, registration, but so far I am so nervous, I haven't even given it to him... He asks me to step out of my car and wait by my trunk. I do... He comes back with papers... I am so worried that I am going to jail and my car is getting towed.... It's a written warning! He tells me that two other cars have pulled the van over already and has found weapons and drugs in the van..... Then he tells me that he recognized my vehicle... Turns out that he lives in some townhouses right next to the apartment complex I was living at in Fairfax... LUCKY ME!!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 07:54 PM

His wife crazy
^^^ Holy Crap!!

When I encounter people like that, I usually do an off ramp, on ramp, which puts enough distance between us and I don't have to keep one eye on the rear view.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:14 PM

His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
Originally Posted by X2Board
^^^ Holy Crap!!

When I encounter people like that, I usually do an off ramp, on ramp, which puts enough distance between us and I don't have to keep one eye on the rear view.
I just call a couple of my LE buddies and let them deal with the jerk as I gently roll into the accelerator and school "him" on the finer points of German / AMG Engineering.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:14 PM

Oddly enough, I have a similar story but with a cavalier trying to get crazy with me haha.

I was merging onto the highway behind this slow cavalier and was attempting to try out the suspension for the day. Soon as I get to the merge, I attempt to jump into the middle lane to go around this individual. Sure enough, he goes for the same maneuver thinking he could stop me. Well, a quick snap of the steering wheel back to the right and away I went by him.

I could see him going crazy in his car, throwing his arms around and hitting the ceiling, etc. As I just shrug it off, I see him trying to come back up to me and reaching down for something. ,
Old 05-30-2010, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
Originally Posted by Sathinas
I just call a couple of my LE buddies and let them deal with the jerk as I gently roll into the accelerator and school "him" on the finer points of German / AMG Engineering.
At the time I couldn't school him on the finer points of German / AMG Engineering.. :-) There aren't many fine points of a Chevy Cavalier to begin to school anyone on!! :-) Glad my college days are over!

And I don't think the on/off ramp thing would have worked... I'm sure he would have just followed me... There were at least three people in the van and they were pretty pissed off for whatever reason... I could understand if I had started something with them first; however, I literally just got onto 495 and the van was there and started messing with me... Oh well, I'm just glad I didn't get a pretty hefty ticket... I almost pissed myself that day!!! And screw LE buddies... I carry a loaded GLOCK 22 in my passenger side door and have a loaded GLOCK 23 on me most of the time and have a conceal carry permit. I don't get stupid as I know many other people have guns too (and most w/o permits), but I'm not afraid to draw it and use it if needed...