Sponsored by:

Rear sub-frame movement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG, C32 AMG
Rear sub-frame movement

I have a stock W211 E55, and was having some front left suspension noise. I suspect the sway bar bushings.

While searching for that, I came across a rear sub-frame connector thread.

I was thinking to ask the dealer to take a look into it while they are at the bushings. Currently, I don't perceive any rear clunks when it goes over bumps. So, hopefully nothing bad has happened yet.

I was wondering if you someone could tell me what should I ask the service adviser to look for exactly? And if everything seems in place, is there a way to prevent it? It seems as if the frame's strength is the problem and not the bolt itself since it tears through.

Also, has anyone had any experience with Chrysler Extended Warranty to repair that sub-frame issue?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
From having read past threads on this issue, the ONE thing you must be certain of before having your local dealer look at it, is be certain that your car is in bone stock condition. No mods, period. Any mods and you can be certain they will void any warranty that might have otherwise been available if in fact there is a problem with your car's subframe mounts.