Sponsored by:

Data logging software. Iphone app

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Silver E55
Data logging software. Iphone app

Hey does anyone have this or something like it .price seems right for the features and would be cool to just use the iphone to monitor small details.

http://www.ot-2.com/
Old 06-03-2010, 11:03 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
I use rev w/plex kiwi wifi.

Works great...

Nice thing about it as you can get the kiwi that also will work with the additional plex guages....
Old 06-04-2010, 08:04 AM

2005 Silver E55
I looked at that one. it didnt seem to have as many features as this one. did you compare before you purchased. any other options you know of.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I was in loung14s car a few weekends ago and his phone ap is impressive! It was amazing how it worked!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
My .02....

I recently acquired an OT-2 device and love it.

I looked at the Kiwi unit as well...but decided on the innovate for a few reasons:

1. Cost. You have to pay for the Rev app which adds about $20 over the cost of the OT-2.
2. Interface. I downloaded a free "lite" version of the rev app and the Logworks software (which the OT-2 uses) and simply liked the Logworks better.
3. Innovates reputation in the tuning community. The OT-2 has the ability to add every sensor and tuning device Innovate makes. The LC-1 wideband AFR gauge is considered the industry standard. The Kiwi has a similar range of sensors you can add as well. However the OT-2 also has the ability to email datalogged files directly from the iphone, so if you are remote tuning you can simply email the files to your tuner, without connecting a laptop, and they can read them. After all most tuners use logworks data logging software....so there should be no problems reading the info. Admittedly I have not tried to utilize this feature yet.
4. The Kiwi was out of stock.....lol.

Keep in mind that all obd dataloggers are slow. The OT-2 samples at the same rate as their "big boy" loggers, but that aint exactly fast. The most accurate method is to add as many external sensors as possible...temp probe for IAT, EGT, ect....boost sensor for, well boost....you get the idea. This gives the software the ability to sample info at a much higher rate.

All that said, I think both the KIWI and the OT-2 are great units and EVERYONE who is modding their car should own one of these!

Last edited by Worth the wait; 06-04-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63 / 996tt
I use the kiwi wifi.

It works great with my IPOD touch.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Great find! I am so sick of lugging the laptop around to datalog.

Thanks again!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 10:07 PM

His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
What protocols does the OT-2 support?

Does it read just generic OBD-II, or will it read say, Word 2000? - What mine seems to use, don't know if later years use the same protocol-.

I'm a big fan of the DashDaq. Though sadly, it doesn't support Word 2000 on a Mercedes, just Generic OBD-II.

No iPhone required.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
I recently acquired an OT-2 device and love it.

I looked at the Kiwi unit as well...but decided on the innovate for a few reasons:

1. Cost. You have to pay for the Rev app which adds about $20 over the cost of the OT-2.

2. Interface. I downloaded a free "lite" version of the rev app and the Logworks software (which the OT-2 uses) and simply liked the Logworks better.

3. Innovates reputation in the tuning community. The OT-2 has the ability to add every sensor and tuning device Innovate makes. The LC-1 wideband AFR gauge is considered the industry standard. The Kiwi has a similar range of sensors you can add as well. However the OT-2 also has the ability to email datalogged files directly from the iphone, so if you are remote tuning you can simply email the files to your tuner, without connecting a laptop, and they can read them. After all most tuners use logworks data logging software....so there should be no problems reading the info. Admittedly I have not tried to utilize this feature yet.

4. The Kiwi was out of stock.....lol.

Keep in mind that all obd dataloggers are slow. The OT-2 samples at the same rate as their "big boy" loggers, but that aint exactly fast. The most accurate method is to add as many external sensors as possible...temp probe for IAT, EGT, ect....boost sensor for, well boost....you get the idea. This gives the software the ability to sample info at a much higher rate.

All that said, I think both the KIWI and the OT-2 are great units and EVERYONE who is modding their car should own one of these!
1) Not if you have a jailbroken iPhone/iPod touch and know where to get cracked apps (e.g., apptrackr) and how to install them (e.g., AppSync from Cydia)... The latest version (2.0.2) is even available There is also a free app called FUZZYCar that does some of the stuff that Rev2 does...

2) Haven't sued the Logworks software, so I can't comment, but by looking at screenshots, there isn't much of a difference between Rev2 and Logworks...

3) Rev2 also had the ability to email datalogged files directly from the iPhone... It is exported as a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file that can be read by most programs...

4) There are many places to get the Kiwi device... You can get them on eBay all the time, just search eBay for Kiwi Wifi...

Last edited by 06E55; 06-06-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supra
Can this thing monitor and log the coolent temp after the heat exchanger?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Can someone with the OT-2 tell me which settings to pick to see the IAT, a/f, boost. Or at least what you use. The manual is not clear on what the sensor means. (I know iat is iat)

Thanks!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by loungn14
I use rev w/plex kiwi wifi.

Works great...

Nice thing about it as you can get the kiwi that also will work with the additional plex guages....
I have the same setup as Jake with the Kiwi wifi and the iPhone app and love it for what I'm using it for. Mainly logging IAT's and boost along with timing and AF's
Old 02-04-2011, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evo VIII/E55 AMG
I have an I pod touch, can I do datalogging with any of the aps? iats? etc?