Drag Day at Fontana, CA - tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by hotrod182
I know the 335i BMWs seem to work very well with the dryshot, but they definitely don't have a MAF set up. Mixture is controlled very quickly by the O2 sensor readings, and if there is a fault (knock/mixture) it will go into limp mode pretty quickly, cutting boost, timing, etc.
I've never heard of anyone relying on O2 sensors to add fuel for a dry nitrous setup. First off, your O2 sensors are located after the nitrous has already gone through the engine. Secondly, O2 sensors can also go bad. I'm not saying that solenoids cant go bad but MAF and O2 sensors go bad all the time. But hey if you like it, have fun How big of a shot are you running? How much did you retard timing? Did you go to colder plugs?

Last edited by blackbenzz; 06-12-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
335i
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I've never heard of anyone relying on O2 sensors to add fuel for a dry nitrous setup. First off, your O2 sensors are located after the nitrous has already gone through the engine. Secondly, O2 sensors can also go bad. I'm not saying that solenoids cant go bad but MAF and O2 sensors go bad all the time. But hey if you like it, have fun How big of a shot are you running? How much did you retard timing? Did you go to colder plugs?
I ran a very primitive system. .28 shot, 10lb bottle. Fully manual button control. A system I bought for $100, and went straight to the race track that same morning. No tuning whatsoever. No special maps. No CELs, no problems. But yes, no doubt it would be safer to run a richer mixture, and progressive system with fail safes. Car actually ran faster than my drag strip time with more bottle pressure and a higher map, but the trans goes into failsafe. The engine has been absolutely sound with hundred of 1/4 mile passes and dozens with Nitrous. Still got 30mpg on the hwy and still ran steller numbers when the mods were taken off. But amazingly, people on the N54 have been getting away with all kind of setups. I turned mine off/on at slower speeds driving though the parking lot, accidentally past redline, etc. The ECU on the N54 is actually incredibly fast if you look at everyones logs. I think the direct injection does play a role in helping with leaner mixtures also with the added cooling effect. Now a lot more people are testing with the nitrous setups, so I am just sitting back and watching for the results on what works best.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Thanks for all the heads up guys Some of you have seen my setup of controller guages on my drivers side piller. This setup isn't one of those $100 deals. It has saftey cut-offs from A/F , fuel pressure, RPM, Bottle pressure. I even have it set at a certain ohms for the TPS I whatch the gauges even in regualer daily driving.. I don't think there is anyone with a 63 that has tested these ECU's in regaurds to A/F's and nitrous more than this car has. I was running a wet shot and after long thought between me and not just one tuner but three different tuners, all of which are all very well known around here, we decided to go dry . Remember the 63 ECU's are a strang beast. The setup is placed in ways that even I after many talks with many highly recomended nitrous shop, I didn't think it would work right either. But I look at it this way, if the motor goes BOOM
IT'S 7.1 STROKER TIME I'm glad to see the forum having a grown-up talk about nitrous a few months ago it would have been a BASH & TRASH day.. I'm NO expert on these 63's but I have played A LOT with them..
again guys thanks for all the heads up , I very much like any and all info out here..

Last edited by rarfinancial; 06-12-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Thanks for all the heads up guys Some of you have seen my setup of controller guages on my drivers side piller. This setup isn't one of those $100 deals. It has saftey cut-offs from A/F , fuel pressure, RPM, Bottle pressure. I even have it set at a certain ohms for the TPS I whatch the gauges even in regualer daily driving.. I don't think there is anyone with a 63 that has tested these ECU's in regaurds to A/F's and nitrous more than this car has. I was running a wet shot and after long thought between me and not just one tuner but three different tuners, all of which are all very well known around here, we decided to go dry . Remember the 63 ECU's are a strang beast. The setup is placed in ways that even I after many talks with many highly recomended nitrous shop, I didn't think it would work right either. But I look at it this way, if the motor goes BOOM
IT'S 7.1 STROKER TIME I'm glad to see the forum having a grown-up talk about nitrous a few months ago it would have been a BASH & TRASH day.. I'm NO expert on these 63's but I have played A LOT with them..
again guys thanks for all the heads up , I very much like any and all info out here..
I love your attitude Rick! Push the car until you find the weakness and if things go south build it better, faster, ans stronger! I love hearing ***** like that.

We'll meet up sometime this summer and have a blast. I'm sure there will be a few other that will go and hopefully we'll get some cooler weather....like in the 90's .
Old 06-12-2010, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Few things are skewed here in your recollection Warren..

I don't bother spraying in 1st-2nd gears. When I was lining up with Drew, definitely 3rd gear around 60mph. Traction is hit or miss. You can see from my 60-130 video where the rpms are right at 60mph in 3rd gear, and the car still accelerates pretty strong. 3.3 seconds from 60-100mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cfE...eature=related

Now if I had a progressive system, I believe I could have it come on in lower gears with a lower controlled amount of nitrous. So many variables to play with, LOL.

I will tell you even without nitrous, I was racing a new 5.0 the other weekend, got totally sideways in the sedan when the tires started spinning going across the intersection. Headed straight for the curb and barely pulled out of it. Forgot I had the DSC turned off!
I followed you & Drew on that near catastrophic run by a length or 2 @ best, you were NOT going 60 mph more like 40-45 tops. You spun-out immedietly @ 40-45mph & almost hit Drew, he luckily was quick to see you & moved safely to the shoulder as you lost it....2nd, (We all agreed run in 2nd gear for race starts) in order for you to hang door to door as you did in multi runs vs Drew myself your under powered 335 w/out NOS would be left for DEAD...NO way w/out Nitrous are you going to hang door to door w/me or Drew up to 100 mph w/out spraying multiple times.

& please end the charade you ONLY spray .28 shot, I've run modded C6 Z06's multi times on frwy from 50 mph (we were dead even up to 130 'ish) I ran dead even few times vs you & Drew all the way to 130mph, tho you don't mention those runs cause you say you lost traction? hey guess what?? You're the only one that had Drag radials/whls that night, my 700 rwtq was loosing traction too ESP light was on constantly, using 19" 295/30 street tires that weigh 65lb ea, I didn't use that excuse when you pulled on me, NOR did Drew

I saw your car break loose/wiggle @ every gear change from 1-2-3... You also ran Mario's modded 335i before your last mod Nitrous, guess what so did I before my ECU/tune, I'd put multi lengths on Mario, he told me he put 2-3 lengths on your 335i w/comparable mods (you had Meth over him though, NOT Nitrous @ this point) W/out NOS your 335i will dissapear into the weeds, yet you claim you didn't spray nitrous below 3rd gear Warren, the is OVER I saw your car run.

You also stated it was running quicker w/ Vbox data that night & capable of 137 mph trap @ Sac, yet when you'd pull on me 3-4 lengths @ best we'd hang/stick till 130-135 'ish NO way that 335i is 136-137 trapping car even @ Sac unless you spray 150+ shot multi times)

You even admit to havinng a 10lb nitrous bottle yet swore you ran out after 10 odd runs (impossible if ONLY spraying once in 3rd gear @ 100 mph for few seconds from 100mph @ 3rd to 130-135mph)

I'm not hating, just frustrated w/your contorting events that went down/speeds runs started @ & nitrous amount used, why the BS, it's a fast lil car no doubt, but to change facts so dramatically to make your 335i seem like a Supercar is just w/ONLY .28 shot @ 3rd gear is laughable

Yes I'll re-run you anytime you get your mods back on your current 335i, I have proper drag setup now, plus proper 109 race gas, not lil' over half tank of 91 mixed w/1 crappy 16oz bottle of Torco, though totally my fault for over guessing distance to your race spot lets re-do this once n for ALL... Ohh yeah this time we run from a dig

You must be spraying 1 hell of a shot to break loose @ 100 mph on street w/Hoosiers, my SL plain hooks, yes chirps bet shifts but ZERO uncontrolable spin outs like you had...

Edit: I realize after re-reading you say you're spraying @ 60mph in your 3rd gear, my 3rd gear doesn't hit till 100+ mph but never the less, you coudn't pull on my SL until my 3rd gear @ 100+ mph, I always started in 2nd gear, as we agreed on before runs... Still we ran from 45mph on some runs, again SNOWBALLS CHANCE IN HELL your 335 will hang @ 45mph-60mph until you supposedly hit Nitrous.

Drew, Me, you were DEAD even on runs till 100 mph, w/OUT Nitrous @ 45 mph your 335 is ZERO contest to either Drew/Me, further proven by my past races w/Mario's 335i who I beat before ECU, & he beat you before nitrous.. That's it I'm done venting... Thank you for listening

Last edited by Thericker; 06-12-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I don't bother spraying in 1st-2nd gears. When I was lining up with Drew, definitely 3rd gear around 60mph. Traction is hit or miss. You can see from my 60-130 video where the rpms are right at 60mph in 3rd gear, and the car still accelerates pretty strong. 3.3 seconds from 60-100mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cfE...eature=related

Now if I had a progressive system, I believe I could have it come on in lower gears with a lower controlled amount of nitrous. So many variables to play with, LOL.

I will tell you even without nitrous, I was racing a new 5.0 the other weekend, got totally sideways in the sedan when the tires started spinning going across the intersection. Headed straight for the curb and barely pulled out of it. Forgot I had the DSC turned off!
Bro watch your own vid again, obviously spraying right from dig, I ran digital stopwatch matching your 0-40mph is 2.6-2.8x sec the needle thru entire rev is like a speedboats prop Also you said your car was running faster the night you ran Drew & I, though there's NO way in hell you ran remotely close to a 6.8-6.9 60-130 that night, Sorry but I seriously think you edited this 6.9 vid to make it appear the way it does, a 6.9 60-130 car would've put multi BUS LENGTHS on Drew & I that night (I was heat soaked to hell after 1.5 hr drive etc), you didn't put multi bus lengths on either of us....

Here's some data for you to digest....You think a basic bolt-on 335i w/Micronaut .28 shot of Nitrous from Kragens/PEP-Boys ONLY sprayed ONCE @ 60mph is faster than a stock SLR by .30 tenths or possibly only 1-1.5 tenths slower than a modded SLR

Mercedes Benz 60-130
6.65 - Acicchelli/SLR modified
7.24 - Acicchelli/SLR stock

Last edited by Thericker; 06-12-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Ok you guys were right I just blew something up

After the Kleeman TB install the car felt very strong,, ok So you ready for the big bang theory ,,, Na I can't say ,,

So much free flowing pipes and, and, ok.. ok any one wanna guesse what blew
Old 06-13-2010, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Ok you guys were right I just blew something up

After the Kleeman TB install the car felt very strong,, ok So you ready for the big bang theory ,,, Na I can't say ,,

So much free flowing pipes and, and, ok.. ok any one wanna guesse what blew
The tires?
Old 06-13-2010, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
My rear right MUFFLER Blew apart at the top seam I said to myself WOW these TB's make a huge sound difference But it was just the friggin muffler I raised the car up puy my hand up where the weld broke an had some one step on the gas holly crap there is a lot of air pressuer man. at only 3k rpm burst it felt like a powerfull leaf blower .. Getting it welded up monday at 8am. hey by the way I just wrot a long post to the thread Bassan started and went to post it and poof gone WTF.. did it get deleated?
Old 06-13-2010, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
My rear right MUFFLER Blew apart at the top seam I said to myself WOW these TB's make a huge sound difference But it was just the friggin muffler I raised the car up puy my hand up where the weld broke an had some one step on the gas holly crap there is a lot of air pressuer man. at only 3k rpm burst it felt like a powerfull leaf blower .. Getting it welded up monday at 8am. hey by the way I just wrot a long post to the thread Bassan started and went to post it and poof gone WTF.. did it get deleated?
Damn Rick talk about air flow....

I deleted the thread due to all the bs that started. I just wanted to give Jeremy props for a product without all the drama. I'll start another one tomorrow and just hope it goes better.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by bassn_07

I deleted the thread due to all the bs that started. I just wanted to give Jeremy props for a product without all the drama. I'll start another one tomorrow and just hope it goes better.
I'm glad to see he's back. I would love have him do a tune for me. From what I hear he is a master at the art of tuning.. That may be the only chance I will have to get your attention
Old 06-13-2010, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I'm glad to see he's back. I would love have him do a tune for me. From what I hear he is a master at the art of tuning.. That may be the only chance I will have to get your attention
LOL...you already have my attention with all the stuff you've been doing to your car. I always love a challenge and nothing gets by blood flowing better than the possibility of a loss.

Jeremy is the man Rick and I'm sure he'll up for the challenge! I know that you had some of the best in the game tune your car and I would love to see what Jeremy could do for ya....
Old 06-13-2010, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
LOL...you already have my attention with all the stuff you've been doing to your car. I always love a challenge and nothing gets by blood flowing better than the possibility of a loss.

Jeremy is the man Rick and I'm sure he'll up for the challenge! I know that you had some of the best in the game tune your car and I would love to see what Jeremy could do for ya....
Now that Jeremy is no longer with PC, let me know if Jeremy can tune a C55 with 18.5psi and I'll skip my trip to AZ. I'm easy not cheap.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Now that Jeremy is no longer with PC, let me know if Jeremy can tune a C55 with 18.5psi and I'll skip my trip to AZ. I'm easy not cheap.
He's in your backyard Robert and I'm 100% positive that he can tune your C55, no worries on that. Why go to AZ when IMO you have the "MAN" close to ya. We all know you're not cheap and just want the best for your car so get-r-done! When all is said and done I say we get Jeremy over to Sac for some track tuning....now wouldn't that be spectacular!!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63

I'll be in touch this coming week.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport

I don't know why it got deleted either? To me, it didn't seem to have any bs or drama.... just a couple of clarifications from a few members, sharing of info, and finally props to Jeremy for the continuing conquest. I hope you didn't get offended by my posts Alan
Old 06-13-2010, 11:16 AM

335i
Originally Posted by Thericker
Bro watch your own vid again, obviously spraying right from dig, I ran digital stopwatch matching your 0-40mph is 2.6-2.8x sec the needle thru entire rev is like a speedboats prop Also you said your car was running faster the night you ran Drew & I, though there's NO way in hell you ran remotely close to a 6.8-6.9 60-130 that night, Sorry but I seriously think you edited this 6.9 vid to make it appear the way it does, a 6.9 60-130 car would've put multi BUS LENGTHS on Drew & I that night (I was heat soaked to hell after 1.5 hr drive etc), you didn't put multi bus lengths on either of us....

Here's some data for you to digest....You think a basic bolt-on 335i w/Micronaut .28 shot of Nitrous from Kragens/PEP-Boys ONLY sprayed ONCE @ 60mph is faster than a stock SLR by .30 tenths or possibly only 1-1.5 tenths slower than a modded SLR
Hey Sean, the night I ran with you and Drew, my car was not running consistantly. You saw the videos I took earlier that night. I was not getting good results at all. I'm sure you recalled that I was not even going to run it. Nitrous pressure was pretty low, because I was just testing before we even met early in the morning. But I figured when I was out there, "what the heck", might as well run. What you saw was just a 3rd gear pull. When Drew was going 40-45, I kept speeding to a higher start pace because 3rd gear is what I wanted to start in. 2nd gear is useless with nitrouss. I'm lucky to get a start in 3rd gear without spinning with those worn out Hoosiers. Also, when running against you I went all out only for a brief period, not the entire run!

Also, its not like I am just blipping the nitrous button here and there. I use the nitrous in 3rd gear, and then again after the 4th gear shift. But sparingly that night because I was careful during the shifts, and don't have any type of controller.

Mario's car was never faster than mine, unless he was fully modded, race fuel, etc, and mine was on 91 octane. Mario got together and ran fully modded. Marios car was a little slower the James car. I was almost as fast as both of them on 91 octane.

In summary withouth Nitrous my best trap at Sacramento is 124.x mph
With Nitrous 132.77. (Vbox read 130mph approx). With a full bottle, I achieved another 3mph faster on the Vbox. So yes, at Sacramento and a full bottle, it would have been a 135mph+ time slip.

Really the best thing is to get to a drag strip soon and see what your car does! If not, like I said, we can Vbox your car so you can see exactly what your time splits (60-130mph) are, etc. If anything, to see your improvements with your mods. It would be entirely up to you to divulge your results. My 130mph+ trap speeds at the drag strip totally corroborate with my 60-130 times. I always back up my Vbox times with drag strip times, video, etc.

Last edited by hotrod182; 06-13-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
In summary withouth Nitrous my best trap at Sacramento is 124.x mph
With Nitrous 132.77. (Vbox read 130mph approx). With a full bottle, I achieved another 3mph faster on the Vbox. So yes, at Sacramento and a full bottle, it would have been a 135mph+ time slip.

Really the best thing is to get to a drag strip soon and see what your car does! If not, like I said, we can Vbox your car so you can see exactly what your time splits (60-130mph) are, etc. If anything, to see your improvements with your mods. It would be entirely up to you to divulge your results. My 130mph+ trap speeds at the drag strip totally corroborate with my 60-130 times. I always back up my Vbox times with drag strip times, video, etc.
Hey Warren, how's it going?

I have zero problems with the Vbox but I wouldn't go as far as saying that 135+ trap speeds are a given at Sacto due to the readings or your performance box. Here's the reason why I think this, the Vbox is ran in open roads with a variety of different grades, most likely a decline for most of you guys attempting the 60-130 run. The best thing to do is make the pass and post up your 135+ trap speed and not assume it.

As for the trap speeds validating your 60-130 runs that would also mean that I'm just as fast. I haven't seen your splits on your 6.9 60-130 pass but I would love to compare mine vs yours. I know Drew's car ran a 7.3 before he went to Sac and trapped somewhere around 131 or so, not exactly sure. Anyways when I compared my splits to his time slip (not even my fastest and quickest run) I beat him in every split, does that mean I'm also a 7.3 60-130 car . With me assuming this it would be just like you assuming your car traps a 135+ at Sac, know what I mean. No bash intended but just trying to clarify a few things, that's all.

My best 60-130 time so far is a 8.0x on street tires at Sac with the car not running at it's best. All though this last time out my car ran much stronger, quicker, and faster but I didn't have the Vbox Mo let me borrow. Either way I'm sure I was faster in my times but that's just my opinion and my best 60-130 time still stands. I've always been about running the time and not assuming. Your car is a beast and I would love to meet up with ya at the track to see if you would really pull on me on the 2nd half. Let's get it done on the track and leave the street racing to the kids. The drag is where you'll see the overall performance of the car, from the dig to the 1320' will tell a much better story than the 60-130 run....IMO.

Last edited by bassn_07; 06-13-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
That 60-130 looks almost unreal, the needles just flies down pretty amazing, it looks as if almost it was on a DYNO.

You need a **** load of NOS to pull like that on a 335i.

TheRicker I thought our platforms 3rd gear starts 68-72 and finishes at right about 100, or is it different for the 600's
Old 06-13-2010, 12:58 PM

335i
Hey Warren, how's it going?

I have zero problems with the Vbox but I wouldn't go as far as saying that 135+ trap speeds are a given at Sacto due to the readings or your performance box. Here's the reason why I think this, the Vbox is ran in open roads with a variety of different grades, most likely a decline for most of you guys attempting the 60-130 run. The best thing to do is make the pass and post up your 135+ trap speed and not assume it.

As for the trap speeds validating your 60-130 runs that would also mean that I'm just as fast. I haven't seen your splits on your 6.9 60-130 pass but I would love to compare mine vs yours. I know Drew's car ran a 7.3 before he went to Sac and trapped somewhere around 131 or so, not exactly sure. Anyways when I compared my splits to his time slip (not even my fastest and quickest run) I beat him in every split, does that mean I'm also a 7.3 60-130 car . With me assuming this it would be just like you assuming your car traps a 135+ at Sac, know what I mean. No bash intended but just trying to clarify a few things, that's all.

My best 60-130 time so far is a 8.0x on street tires at Sac with the car not running at it's best. All though this last time out my car ran much stronger, quicker, and faster but I didn't have the Vbox Mo let me borrow. Either way I'm sure I was faster in my times but either that's just my opinion and my best 60-130 time still stands. I've always been about running the time and not assuming. Your car is a beast and I would love to meet up with ya at the track to see if you would really pull on me on the 2nd half. Let's get it done on the track and leave the street racing to the kids. The drag is where you'll see the overall performance of the car, from the dig to the 1320' will tell a much better story than the 60-130 run....IMO.
Your car is a beast off the line AND top end.
My car has good top end, but severely handicapped low end due to traction. I can't even launch with decent power in the 1st, 2nd gear with or without nitrous due to wheel spin. Much of it has to do with the 335i open diff being tricky to launch, warm up tires, etc. So I don't even claim to do good at the drag strip. 11.3's are decent, but certainly traction limited with the 1.844 60's time. Again, that trip to Sacramento was less than ideal. I had only 2hrs to run, waited in long lines, heat soaked, (engine idling all the time because I killed my battery), and I just installed the nitrous system that morning with no tuning whatsoever. And most importantly, bottle pressure was low.

You are also right about 60-130 times being run down hill by a lot of these guys. My run was verified by Scott on 6speed on line to be on a very level road. So Vbox is fine if you can show how level the road is, etc. I did that, and shot a video of the run too. I can also show the 133mph Vbox runs on flat road. There is no doubt a 133mph Vbox reading would be over 135mph at Sacramento. You will be able to verify this on one of your 135mph time slip runs. Just remember to bring a VBox next time! My 60-130 Vbox time at Sacramento was mediocre at best. After learning more about nitrous in a few days, I would have went right back to Sacramento a week later with a stronger running car, but a 800 mile drive is not something that I look forward to at all.

Right now my focus is on getting the sedan in the 11's with just tune, air filters, high octane pump, and DRs. Then I will put on more mods, documenting the improvements along the way.

FYI: Here is the graph of the 60-130 run. The road is very level, within 1.6 ft start-finish on the run. You can also see the 60-100mph split is 3.3 seconds. Would be cool to see where your numbers fall. The fact that I have to limit throttle so much in 1st-2nd gears probably kills some of my trap speed in the qtr mile. Instead of the acceleration falling off at higher speeds, you can clearly see the stronger acceleration with nitrous right around 60mph just by looking at the graph. IMHO you will learn much more about a car's acceleration capabilities by looking at instrumented graphs, compared to someones opinion on whether two cars look about even, or measuring in car/bus lengths, etc.
Attached Thumbnails Drag Day at Fontana, CA - tomorrow!-6.95-60-130-ii.jpg  

Last edited by hotrod182; 06-13-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Your car is a beast off the line AND top end.
My car has good top end, but severely handicapped low end due to traction. I can't even launch with decent power in the 1st, 2nd gear with or without nitrous due to wheel spin. Much of it has to do with the 335i open diff being tricky to launch, warm up tires, etc. So I don't even claim to do good at the drag strip. 11.3's are decent, but certainly traction limited with the 1.844 60's time. Again, that trip to Sacramento was less than ideal. I had only 2hrs to run, waited in long lines, heat soaked, (engine idling all the time because I killed my battery), and I just installed the nitrous system that morning with no tuning whatsoever. And most importantly, bottle pressure was low.

You are also right about 60-130 times being run down hill by a lot of these guys. My run was verified by Scott on 6speed on line to be on a very level road. So Vbox is fine if you can show how level the road is, etc. I did that, and shot a video of the run too. I can also show the 133mph Vbox runs on flat road. There is no doubt a 133mph Vbox reading would be over 135mph at Sacramento. You will be able to verify this on one of your 135mph time slip runs. Just remember to bring a VBox next time! My 60-130 Vbox time at Sacramento was mediocre at best. After learning more about nitrous in a few days, I would have went right back to Sacramento a week later with a stronger running car, but a 800 mile drive is not something that I look forward to at all.

Right now my focus is on getting the sedan in the 11's with just tune, air filters, high octane pump, and DRs. Then I will put on more mods, documenting the improvements along the way.
I hear ya Warren and I understand how you BMW guys lack the torque needed to get the car moving off the line but once moving they scoot. The only way you'll get better ET's with your 335 will be by spraying off the line.

That 60-130 run you did was around a 8.0 second flat and my times kill that one. I was referring to Drew's time slip since it was a much quicker run than yours on that particular pass. As most know I'm not a paper racer and I just need to get it done and run a clean 60-130 pass at the track. I just feel that I should be much better than a 8.0x run since you guys are below mid 7's, just my opinion.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:00 PM

335i
I hear ya Warren and I understand how you BMW guys lack the torque needed to get the car moving off the line but once moving they scoot. The only way you'll get better ET's with your 335 will be by spraying off the line.

That 60-130 run you did was around a 8.0 second flat and my times kill that one. I was referring to Drew's time slip since it was a much quicker run than yours on that particular pass. As most know I'm not a paper racer and I just need to get it done and run a clean 60-130 pass at the track. I just feel that I should be much better than a 8.0x run since you guys are below mid 7's, just my opinion.
Absolutely understand you. And don't forget, if Sacramento was only a couple hundred miles from me, I would be up there every weekend. Kind of like you having to come down to Fontana all the time. (Isn't that almost a 800 mile trip for you?)

Last edited by hotrod182; 06-13-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Okay now were getting somewhere, you're NOW at least admitting you spray TWICE, vs ONCE above in ALL your other posts on matter, though I know it's more times & bigger than a .28 shot....

Also, its not like I am just blipping the nitrous button here and there. I use the nitrous in 3rd gear, and then again after the 4th gear shift. But sparingly that night because I was careful during the shifts, and don't have any type of controller.

Mario never lied about runs period... His 335i was fully modded DP's J3 on highest race gas map w/105+ oct, bigger IC, airbox, exhaust etc.. He said he met you before my initial PC tune last yr to run, said he easily pulled you in every race by 2-3 lengths from dig, roll whatever... You even had Meth over him...

I watched his modded 335i put dwn 420+ rwhp @ Bottle blown racing's very low reading Superflow dyno personally, it was faster than your 335i that had FAR less mods UNTIL you finally added Nitrous..

Mario & I differed on other things but basically a good guy that didn't need to lie about runs made in his various autos over the years...I raced w/him on streets for 3-4 yrs starting w/my *****y slow SC'd S430 then highly modded C6 Corvette, thn the SL600 as mods progressed w/each vehicle, was a great test bed of info..

Mario's car was never faster than mine, unless he was fully modded, race fuel, etc, and mine was on 91 octane. Mario got together and ran fully modded. Marios car was a little slower the James car. I was almost as fast as both of them on 91 octane.
I already noted above proper brand new Drag setup aquired/installed, I have no desire for Vbox #'s bolt your Nitrous back up, my SL will be ready by Sat
Attached Thumbnails Drag Day at Fontana, CA - tomorrow!-0528001853a.jpg  
Old 06-13-2010, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Absolutely understand you. And don't forget, if Sacramento was only a couple hundred miles from me, I would be up there every weekend. Kind of like you having to come down to Fontana all the time. (Isn't that almost a 800 mile trip for you?)
I hear ya on the distance..... All I ask is for you to let me know the next time you come up so we could line em up. I'll also do the same when I come down there but I have zero intentions on street racing, I have too much to risk. I have a young family and with any unfortunate turn of events the outcome could be devastating to multiple parties, rewards aren't worth the risk.

Any time and track and I'm down 100%, I promise. Anyone who knows me knows this to be true and I love the competition.....
Old 06-13-2010, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Gondon
That 60-130 looks almost unreal, the needles just flies down pretty amazing, it looks as if almost it was on a DYNO.

You need a **** load of NOS to pull like that on a 335i.

TheRicker I thought our platforms 3rd gear starts 68-72 and finishes at right about 100, or is it different for the 600's
I have NO idea on rev limits per gear in your stk S500 vs highly modded SL600, though ALL 600/65 max out @ 5700 rpm's & 3rd gear hits nearly exactly @ 100mph (hard to know exactly when racing & glancing @ speedo w/hair on fire)

You've got me wondering even @ end of every race my trans said I was in 3rd gear maybe prob my car was having before TCU was tuned, ALL I know for certain is Warren couldn't pull an inch till I hit 100mph, I'll do more st testing to be certain whn gear changes whn back from Dealership...

Last edited by Thericker; 06-13-2010 at 05:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drag Day at Fontana, CA - tomorrow!