Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Dyno day results on Long tubes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
I did the kenne bell BAP but it would blow the fuse everytime you activated the boost switch, I sent it back sure there was an issue with it but they called and said it was fine and that it may not work with the MB? If you go this route and get it to work let us know.
As far as my system goes, I'm going to start on one end and work forward, I have a bosch 044 pump on the way, Not sure yet how I'm going to plumb it but the goal was to keep one of the 2 factory pumps to feed it and push it to the filter and regulator. If thats not the answaer then I'll go to a aftermarket filter and maybe a Raising rate and return style regulator. Time i"m done I'll be able to switch to E85
Old 06-06-2010, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 E55 AMG
im not sure if it can be done to the factory pumps in the e55. but with honda's or evo's
we would remove the fuel pump and hammer down the relief plug on the bottom side of the pump to increase the pressure. i need to find a factory pump and work and take a look at it. ill report back with an update.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:51 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by sneakyneon
I did the kenne bell BAP but it would blow the fuse everytime you activated the boost switch, I sent it back sure there was an issue with it but they called and said it was fine and that it may not work with the MB? If you go this route and get it to work let us know.
As far as my system goes, I'm going to start on one end and work forward, I have a bosch 044 pump on the way, Not sure yet how I'm going to plumb it but the goal was to keep one of the 2 factory pumps to feed it and push it to the filter and regulator. If thats not the answaer then I'll go to a aftermarket filter and maybe a Raising rate and return style regulator. Time i"m done I'll be able to switch to E85
Damn that sux! I figured trying to adapt proven American muscle parts may be a problem.. 80psi, also creats challenges. What about a T rex inline pump?

Did you try injectors yet or you already know that you have a pressure issue? What headers are you running again?

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 06-06-2010, 11:45 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Damn that sux! I figured trying to adapt proven American muscle parts may be a problem.. 80psi, also creats challenges. What about a T rex inline pump?

Did you try injectors yet or you already know that you have a pressure issue? What headers are you running again?
The bosch 044 pump is the beast of beast for in line pumps, i've heard from a few sources say that one will do 700hp at the wheel. 300 lph and read somewhere it can maintain 100 psi. I have't done injectors yet, On the dyno we attached a mechanical gauge to the rail and you could see the pressure drop as the hp dropped in proportion, maxing the injectors out did very little to the fuel curve, maybe got .25 of fuel out of it. I certainly don't have the answer as to if its for sure a pump or if its a dirty filter/regulator but since ive seen this cropping up on a couple 55's i figured the pump was the safest guess.
My header are shorty style, hand made from a shop in cali. I got them used off the board and there not much to look at, I used to compare them to evo sport headers untill i saw a pair on a car, in reality is the evo sports look much nicer than mine.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:05 AM

Chevy Camaro
It would be nice to know how you or they were trying to wire in the BAP on why it was blowing fuses.

Probably should have ran it through a relay with direct power feeding from the battery or alternator. That is how we run the bigger pumps in the Camaros.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
The bosch 044 pump is the beast of beast for in line pumps, i've heard from a few sources say that one will do 700hp at the wheel. 300 lph and read somewhere it can maintain 100 psi. I have't done injectors yet, On the dyno we attached a mechanical gauge to the rail and you could see the pressure drop as the hp dropped in proportion, maxing the injectors out did very little to the fuel curve, maybe got .25 of fuel out of it. I certainly don't have the answer as to if its for sure a pump or if its a dirty filter/regulator but since ive seen this cropping up on a couple 55's i figured the pump was the safest guess.
My header are shorty style, hand made from a shop in cali. I got them used off the board and there not much to look at, I used to compare them to evo sport headers untill i saw a pair on a car, in reality is the evo sports look much nicer than mine.
Are you saying that the 6 port SLR injectors would be ineffective due to low pressure in the rail at high RPM's? The SLR uses pump PN is 199 470 03 94 and the E55 PN is 211 470 17 94. Haven't had time to research both factory rail pressures. Any thoughts on this?
Old 06-07-2010, 02:45 AM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by 98aggie
It would be nice to know how you or they were trying to wire in the BAP on why it was blowing fuses.

Probably should have ran it through a relay with direct power feeding from the battery or alternator. That is how we run the bigger pumps in the Camaros.
Thats pretty far off from the instruction, there is no seprate power ran to the BAP.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:52 AM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by AgSilver
Are you saying that the 6 port SLR injectors would be ineffective due to low pressure in the rail at high RPM's? The SLR uses pump PN is 199 470 03 94 and the E55 PN is 211 470 17 94. Haven't had time to research both factory rail pressures. Any thoughts on this?
A bigger injector will flow more fuel at the same pressure, but there is alot of tunning to be done if you put bigger injectors in and espicaly on a system that drops pressure. I put a gauge on the rail and it drops pressure under load as rpms come up, that tells me the issue is before the injectors, If it had maintained pressure then I would know that the injector is to small. IMO its going to be easier tune with one constant pressure.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:40 AM

Chevy Camaro
Thats pretty far off from the instruction, there is no seprate power ran to the BAP.
Well wiring that way might be the answer to making it work.

Need someone to try it and sell the retrofit harness. Kinda like what racetronix does with their hotwire kit.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:22 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by AgSilver
I think the SLR runs two pumps.

Kurt, that direct wire sounds like the way to go.. I need to come down and run some fuel pressure test pretty soon.. Be nice to see what a stock or lightly moded 55 prerssure looks like too.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 06-07-2010, 12:30 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
I think the SLR runs two pumps.

Kurt, that direct wire sounds like the way to go.. I need to come down and run some fuel pressure test pretty soon.. Be nice to see what a stock or lightly moded 55 prerssure looks like too.
Direct wire? are you refering to running a lead to the pumps from the altnator? I was going to try that but the voltage at the pump is already 13.5. Stock pressure should be around 75 to 80 psi
Old 06-07-2010, 12:37 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by 98aggie
Well wiring that way might be the answer to making it work.

Need someone to try it and sell the retrofit harness. Kinda like what racetronix does with their hotwire kit.
Sorry I'm not tracking? Are you saying run the BAP to battery/alernator power or the fuel pumps? The bap is has 3 main wires 1 ground and 2 red wires, you cut the fuel pump power wire and on wire goes to one side of the harness and the other wire goes to the other side(toward the pump) the rest is wiring for the gain ajustment and the boost switch.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:47 PM

Chevy Camaro
Sorry I'm not tracking? Are you saying run the BAP to battery/alernator power or the fuel pumps? The bap is has 3 main wires 1 ground and 2 red wires, you cut the fuel pump power wire and on wire goes to one side of the harness and the other wire goes to the other side(toward the pump) the rest is wiring for the gain ajustment and the boost switch.
The direct wire set up takes the electrical load of the existing wiring harness which is only sized to handle the stock pump not the extra load of the BAP.

Here is the setup we run in LS1 camaros from racetronix that uses the stock wiring harness to start/stop the pump but power comes directly from the alternator and has it's own in line fues.

Brooke - we also can work on a new intake since yours is close to it's limit, when your down.