Sponsored by:

Think I'm going to sell my baby

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Esh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
I've got to agree with 99% of the posters in this thread. I would advise going to the dealer and seeing what they will do in trade, or doing like what str8ridin suggested and take it to a consignment lot with more exotic cars.

To sell privately, you have to be willing to price it with the market and you have to be willing to show it/let people drive it. Contrary to belief, the buyer has the power when it comes to private party sales, not the seller. It doesn't matter if you're willing to hang on to it, if you don't make it attractive to buyers, they aren't even going to bother. Putting so many stipulations on this car, you're scaring people away.

A 5 year old non-exotic car on private sale, wanting a criminal background check and a cashier's check for $30k. Not to mention the price tag, considering most cars in this condition and this mileage go for much much less, people would be crazy to jump through those hoops. This car may very well be worth $40-$50k, but I'm sorry to say, you're preaching to the wrong choir here. We are almost all enthusiasts here, and we appreciate nice modded cars, but we are arguably the most educated on the values and selling prices of these vehicles.

Your customer is going to be someone that is wealthy and doesn't know a lot about these cars. He likely doesn't have much of a car collection, but does like the idea of owning a modified family sedan that can haul some serious @$$ on the weekends or just the family to a ball game. You'll have to market exclusively to him and work your @ off to sell it to him (as he probably buys brand new and doesn't modify most of his cars), but it can be done. Good luck with your sale.

Last edited by Esh; 06-15-2010 at 03:17 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.
Pert, not even a dealer does a criminal background check.... Who comes to see a car with a $30k cashiers check? And whose to say that a buyer will pass all your requirements and on the the test-drive/signing of the the paper-work decides to let off 2-shots to ya dome? everything is a risk. pulling out the driveway and hitting the streets is a risk. AND IMHO, you should be paranoid if some one is actually willing to meet "your" requirements(30-stacks + a background check) for a test drive, might be ya last!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz E220D/GONE!JUNK!Current GLC Coupe 350d 4 Matic
even though everyone is dissing your thread(including me)i have to give two thumbs up to the buyer for being a cool Cat and keeping his cool...