Just purchased an E55 shop car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cornfed gtr and m3
Originally Posted by Bramage
The calipers are right there where they should be (sorta...).. not sure how you missed that. In terms of "Low Brake Pedal", these are brake by wire, so the issue may be the pump that supplies the pedal feel. I think it is air.. but I don't know for sure. Maybe a few 60-0 stops will bring it back to life.

Sounds like a great car and a great deal! Looking forward to some real world mod data.

I would love to see a comparision between 178mm, 180mm, and 185mm pulleys.

Also, the 180mm vs 182mm Throttle Body.. Shorty vs. Long Tube Headers

Resonator delete.. Exhaust.. H/E.. my god, what more is there?
I'd like to see this too!!! J/K. Know you mean 80mm and 82mm.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
oops.. yea. 80mm and 82mm for the TB. my bad. Although, I wonder what a 180MM throttle body would look like..... kiddin. I did see a 105mm TB for a Mustang....
Old 06-24-2010, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
I vote for twin turbo set up.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:53 PM

E55 AMG
Here are some pics of the RPM North E55 just as it was delivered.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63
excellent!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
I seriously cannot wait to see these wheels on a 211! TE37's are probably my fav wheels of all time, had them on my DSM years back and miss the look ever since I sold that car.

Hopefully you guys are up for some comparisons of the popular mods that 55k guys are using. I know there are a lot of guys including myself that would love to see performance variance in certain mods.

Subscribed for what sounds like a killer project
Old 06-26-2010, 12:20 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

OK, we put the car on the dyno tonight to get some baseline stock numbers.

408HP and 440 ft. lbs. torque.

Tomorrow we will be doing some 60-0 stopping distance tests and by Monday we should have some skidpad results.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

OK, I have some teaser pictures of the TE37's, we just got them in today. I have not decided what tires I am going to use yet so I have not even ordered tires but I will have them mounted on the car shortly.

Here are some pics of the wheels.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Here are some pictures of my new lug bolts. These are called Dual Phase System and they are from Japan as well. I hope you guys like them, they are very unique.

These wheel lugs are $310.00 for a set. It comes out to about $15.00 each which is pretty expensive and will not be for everybody. A regular lug bolt sells for around $5.00 each so these are 3 times the price but, you do get a lot more.

Last edited by Staff@RPM; 06-30-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:23 PM

2012 Armada
can you explain the purpose of those lugbolts?
Old 06-30-2010, 04:28 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
GL450; Audi Q7 sline; GX470-SOLD, E55-SOLD, Range Rover Supercharged-Sold
Originally Posted by jayhawkblk
can you explain the purpose of those lugbolts?

A lug bolt is a solid threaded rod with a cone-shaped end that is typically mounted into a wheel hub on an axle of a vehicle. The primary purpose of lug bolts is to support wheels on vehicles.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:32 PM

2012 Armada
Ok smart ***. I know what a lug bolt does. I was asking why he got such elaborate versions of a lug bolt!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:33 PM

2012 Armada
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
OK, I have some teaser pictures of the TE37's, we just got them in today. I have not decided what tires I am going to use yet so I have not even ordered tires but I will have them mounted on the car shortly.

Here are some pics of the wheels.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Not really feelin the wheels they look like they belong on a honda civic.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Not really feelin the wheels they look like they belong on a honda civic.
False. Those wheels belong on the some of the fastest cars that come out of Japan, pushing hp numbers double what 55k's throw down. No reason at all why they aren't fit to rep on a Merc.

I'm feeling them

I too have some ??'s about the lugs, they look sick, what's the price and options on those?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Ok smart ***. I know what a lug bolt does. I was asking why he got such elaborate versions of a lug bolt!

I think that the lug bolts are a part of the car that a lot of people overlook and don't pay attention to. Many people are satisfied with factory lug bolts but I wanted to have something different. Usually people will put a wheel lock on with expensive wheels that they want to keep safe, then you usually have one lug bolt that looks different. These wheels have exposed lugs so I wanted to have something that looked good.

They have a great locking mechanism that helps keep your wheels safely on your car and away from sticky fingers and they will all have a uniform look.

We are in New York and TE37's are a popular wheel around here. Even though most of the people that are driving around looking to take wheels are looking for non Mercedes bolt patterns, they will still take them to find out later that they don't fit on the car they took them for. I would rather come out to my car and find it still sitting on my wheels and tires, not my rotors.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:47 PM

2012 Armada
Originally Posted by tgoss
False. Those wheels belong on the some of the fastest cars that come out of Japan, pushing hp numbers double what 55k's throw down. No reason at all why they aren't fit to rep on a Merc.

I'm feeling them

I too have some ??'s about the lugs, they look sick, what's the price and options on those?
It is not a power thing. Despite the 55 being fast it is still a luxo car is very elegant looking not so sporty IMO. I guess I will have to wait to see them on the car I may feel different about them then.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:51 PM

2012 Armada
I think that the lug bolts are a part of the car that a lot of people overlook and don't pay attention to. Many people are satisfied with factory lug bolts but I wanted to have something different. Usually people will put a wheel lock on with expensive wheels that they want to keep safe, then you usually have one lug bolt that looks different. These wheels have exposed lugs so I wanted to have something that looked good.

They have a great locking mechanism that helps keep your wheels safely on your car and away from sticky fingers and they will all have a uniform look.

We are in New York and TE37's are a popular wheel around here. Even though most of the people that are driving around looking to take wheels are looking for non Mercedes bolt patterns, they will still take them to find out later that they don't fit on the car they took them for. I would rather come out to my car and find it still sitting on my wheels and tires, not my rotors.
Now that makes since. Around here they just take the whole car. We are a conseal and carry state and enough theives have gotten shot bent over trying to ****** someones wheels.

I like how they look though. How much are they?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:54 PM

2006 Mercedes E55
So the Volks now come in 5x112 I thought they were only 5x114 ?
Old 06-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Bellevue_E55
So the Volks now come in 5x112 I thought they were only 5x114 ?
No, we have them in 5x112 in a few different sizes and offsets. For the E we have them in 20"x8.5", 20"x9.5" and 20"x10.5" for those that really want the stretched tire look and have the wheel all the way to the edge of the fender. On our car we are using the 20"x9.5" with a fat tire that we can still tuck under the fender because that is the look that we are going for. These wheels also have a machined lip which is unusual for TE37's.

On a side note Ray's is now the factory supplier for the Porsche GT3R which is the new cup car so they are definitely being used outside the Japanese car world.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsand...ogyandconcept/
Old 06-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Now that makes since. Around here they just take the whole car. We are a conseal and carry state and enough theives have gotten shot bent over trying to ****** someones wheels.

I like how they look though. How much are they?
I edited the original post with the pictures and added the price to that but to answer your question directly here the price is $310.00 for the set. If you have wheels with exposed lugs these will definitely add a new look to your wheels. It's surprising how many people notice them on their own.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Those look different than the old TE37's, guess they updated the design a bit Have anything smaller than 20's? And how much $$$?
Old 06-30-2010, 11:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
E55, GMC Suburban, F430 matchbox, Caddooo DTS
Here are some pictures of my new lug bolts. These are called Dual Phase System and they are from Japan as well. I hope you guys like them, they are very unique.

These wheel lugs are $310.00 for a set. It comes out to about $15.00 each which is pretty expensive and will not be for everybody. A regular lug bolt sells for around $5.00 each so these are 3 times the price but, you do get a lot more.

These lugs are perfect for wheels that have small holes and don't leave much room for a socket, you can finally remove and install the lugs with no danger of scratching the wheels and no marks visible on the lugs from the tools. It's about time.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,066 Likes on 855 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Originally Posted by cpais
These lugs are perfect for wheels that have small holes and don't leave much room for a socket, you can finally remove and install the lugs with no danger of scratching the wheels and no marks visible on the lugs from the tools. It's about time.
If that's what you want, you can get a set of lug bolts on Ebay that will do just that for $45 shipped to your door.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M...Q5fAccessories
Old 07-01-2010, 12:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
E55, GMC Suburban, F430 matchbox, Caddooo DTS
Originally Posted by BlownV8
If that's what you want, you can get a set of lug bolts on Ebay that will do just that for $45 shipped to your door.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M...Q5fAccessories
Those work with small holes too and you can probably get them at Pep Boys but I spent good money on my wheels and there is no way that I am putting that crap on my car to hold them in place. I spent a boatload of money on some 3 piece wheels that were from a big name supplier and when I got them they had some inferior hardware holding them together and I refused to put them on my car, there is seriously a lot of junk being sold by high end companies.

It's goof that low cost parts are available, they are just not for me. I know how much good material and manufacturing costs and I guarantee those lugs are made in some overseas factory that has not quality checked or tested there lugs since day one.

Buyer beware, be careful when using inferior parts, I have learned the hard way.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We have been confused on what tire we should use on the car. We had a 295/25-20 laying around that we wanted to see how it would look, what do you guys think?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just purchased an E55 shop car