W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

K-1 Installed Initial Impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2010 | 10:24 AM

2003 E55 K1
Smile K-1 Installed Initial Impressions

Picked up my car this morning with K-1 installed. Before I picked it up, mechanic said he noticed a big improvement in power and that I would be very happy with the car.

Temperatures were in the mid 80's and humidity was high, which usually means a noticeable drop off in power for my car versus say mid 60's. So I was expecting something less than optimal. On the way home, I rolled into the throttle at 60 or so and could tell the car had considerably more torque. In fact, under these conditions in the past I would notice car would downshift a couple of gears and make more noise than speed. This time car only dropped one gear and picked up speed very quickly. I hit 90 and backed off because of traffic. In short, the improvement in torque was quite impressive.

I didn't really have a chance to test power, but on the way back I floored the car in second at around 20-25 MPH and the car downshifted to first and spun its tires until I let off the gas. At these temps and humidity, I usually have trouble breaking the rear wheels lose. So it looks like a considerable in crease in performance.

So far I am very happy with improvement in performance with K-1 installed.

Thanks to Jakpro1 and Tgoss for their advice during this journey.
Old 06-19-2010 | 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
That's good to hear man! Wait til later tonight when you go out for a cruise and it's nice and cool and then make a few hard pulls.

Enjoy it for a couple months and go get headers. That honestly made the most noticable improvment in any car I've modded.
Old 06-19-2010 | 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
+1, headers are next up for you!

Sounds great Coal, enjoy it brotha!