W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Mercedes Benz Gun Owners Club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2010 | 09:56 AM

'12 E63, E55(sold), C32 (sold), '65 Skylark GS 445 convertible, '12 ML350
I'm licensed to carry concealed as well. I used to own a furniture business - primary warehouse was in a "not so good" part of town and as much as I was AGAINST owning and carrying...after two truck-jackings (one was never recovered, the other...two and half years later - and had been driving around with my logo on it...and was found wrecked) and an armed robbery...I gave in. The police here in metro Atlanta literally turned their back on me when I went to them for help...on multiple occasions. The fact that the truck was DRIVING AROUND for two years (they put 25,000 miles on it) in the west end of Atlanta just goes to show they never even put out a notice for it. I don't blame the cops nor am I mad at them (I'm a staunch F.O.P. supporter), I just know that it's really up to me to be the first line of defense.

I've got a Glock 30 and a 21 SF with two 31 rd clips. :-) The 30 usually stays in the glove box...and the 21 sometimes on the seat...sometimes in the door sill. Why 31 rd clips? Well...if I'm in a situation where I'm pulling that trigger...I don't want to run out.

PS - GA law was recently changed to allow carrying in the car even if you're not licensed for concealed - they now view your car as an extension of your home.

Last edited by pullejo; 06-22-2010 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Added PS
Old 06-22-2010 | 11:05 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by mugatu22
I'm a supporter of 2nd Amendment rights, I own several guns and believe strongly in our right to own firearms...but WHY carry them in a car? I know, many of you are saying "Why not, if you have one in your house, why not in your car...you never know."

At least in CA, that's an instant trip to jail. The "you never know" mentality of driving while packing is asking for major trouble. Are you really going to have time to pull the gun on a car jacker with a pistol already in your face? Are you placing yourself in situations where you would need to run to your car and get your gun? What the heck are you doing if so?

It's something else entirely to defend your home, which can't be driven away from burglars. Being mobile in your car introduces a factor of safety you don't have at your home.

I'm just curious why so many of you carry guns in the car. Is that legal in your state, or are you just that paranoid?...or are you doing things that put you in a position that require firearms while driving? Not sure why but IMO keeping a loaded gun at your home seems more sensible & less "macho" and "I'm billy badass" than carrying a loaded weapon in your car, where almost anyone can get to it (if they steal your car or accidentally/intentionally get your keys).

/flame suit on

BTW I love my CZ 75 SP-01!

No need for the flame suit. Its a good question and we have good answers. I carry my gun in the vehicle from time to time because drivers in Houston are insane! Just the other day two mustang GT's chased my cousin across town waving a gun (looked like a BB gun). I mainly carry it around for safety, we don't get mugged point blank, we get taunted and harassed while driving! Ever been in that situation where two or three beaters approach you and block you in, and they don't care if their car hits your car? That's when the 9mm comes in handy! In Texas, we are allowed to keep a gun in the vehicle.

"It is unlawful to intentionally, knowingly or recklessly carry on or about one’s person a handgun in a motor vehicle if the handgun is in plain view or the person is engaged in criminal activity (other than a misdemeanor traffic violation), prohibited by law from possessing a firearm or is a member of a street gang. "
Old 06-22-2010 | 11:26 AM

My ex-cars: 03 E55,04 C32, 05 C55 ,03 E320
Originally Posted by pullejo
I've got a Glock 30 and a 21 SF with two 31 rd clips. :-) The 30 usually stays in the glove box...and the 21 sometimes on the seat...sometimes in the door sill. Why 31 rd clips? Well...if I'm in a situation where I'm pulling that trigger...I don't want to run out.
Not trying to be a smart ***...but its called Magazine instead of Clip (a common misconception from the useless media and movies).
Old 06-22-2010 | 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by derrick_lui
Not trying to be a smart ***...but its called Magazine instead of Clip (a common misconception from the useless media and movies).
That, and the fact that a prosecutor will not look kindly on a 31 round mag in a situation you describe as "defensive". If you think you need 31 rounds in a defensive situation, you've done something very wrong in the past. Less bullets, more range time.
Old 06-22-2010 | 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Less bullets, more range time.
Old 06-22-2010 | 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by HadiLaw
No need for the flame suit. Its a good question and we have good answers. I carry my gun in the vehicle from time to time because drivers in Houston are insane! Just the other day two mustang GT's chased my cousin across town waving a gun (looked like a BB gun). I mainly carry it around for safety, we don't get mugged point blank, we get taunted and harassed while driving! Ever been in that situation where two or three beaters approach you and block you in, and they don't care if their car hits your car? That's when the 9mm comes in handy! In Texas, we are allowed to keep a gun in the vehicle.

I lived in Houston for 11 years. Not to be contrary but getting taunted and harrassed IMO isn't the situation to brandish a firearm. That's asking for a gun fight in a situation where *****s are just being *****s. And no, thankfully I haven't been in the situation where I was blocked in by 2-3 cars...again, what the heck are people doing to put themselves in these situations? A 9mm at that point will offer defense, but isn't staying out of that situation a better defense?

I was always taught 2 rules...1) Be smart about what you do and where you're going and you'll stay out of trouble 99.9% of the time, and 2) if you brandish a firearm, you better be ready to use it, not to just flash it for intimidation purposes (which is again asking for a gun fight one may be unprepared to handle).

Business owners carrying makes perfect sense to me. Defend your properties. Citizens carrying in the car makes me nervous, b/c tempers flare, road rage, and egos when driving makes people do some stuuuupid things. Carrying a gun in the car can escalate a road rage situation into a potential murder scene in a fraction of a second. Then again if it's legal in TX (of course it is) then do as the Romans do...and we have to assume that everyone is responsible, cool headed, and reasonable, right

Ok I'm off my soapbox now. Gotta go clean & oil my CZ

Last edited by VCA_AMG; 06-22-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-22-2010 | 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
I really need a CZ. I need to know what all of the fuss is about. People LOVE those guns.
Old 06-22-2010 | 08:20 PM

A Prius because I'm green
That, and the fact that a prosecutor will not look kindly on a 31 round mag in a situation you describe as "defensive". If you think you need 31 rounds in a defensive situation, you've done something very wrong in the past. Less bullets, more range time.
I've been shooting for years for the military special operations and now for another agency that I will not speak of. Currently my sites shoot team has been number one the last two years for US teams in the US Nationals swat competition. They have only competed in US Nationals two years and it's a team that is given two weeks of training prior. They lost to Bruce Power who is the test and design team for the competition and the second year Bruce Power took first and GSG9 took second. More recently they are also 2009 best of the west champions and they took the top three individual spots. Less bullets and more range time does not prepare you for a real world situation as very few paper target shooters can actually hit a moving target whether static or on the move and when needed. I have seen plenty hit the pavement 5 feet in front of them from mashing the trigger which is why dummy rounds are great aids in shooting. Fact is less time for reloading and more bullets is the better option and when he needs to explain to a prosecutor why he had a 31 round "magazine" in the gun at the time, he can simply respond with the obvious, why was he put in a "defensive" situation as to where he needed to use it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QjEL0uUgo

How many rounds is your life worth shooter?
Old 06-22-2010 | 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
I really need a CZ. I need to know what all of the fuss is about. People LOVE those guns.
I absolutely LOVE both of mine!!! I always recommend them for consideration for new shooters as they are cheap and dead accurate. In the end it comes down to feel (I personally don't like Glocks, revolvers and I absolutely despise my HK) and the CZ hits it all for me. Every time I'm at the range, I just smile when it's their turn in the line up. The only thing that comes close in feel is a 1911 but I can put 3 9mm on target for every 1 .45. If I had to choose one out of all my handguns - it would be the CZ without question or hesitation.
Old 06-22-2010 | 09:12 PM

His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
Would someone please explain to me why it is that people feel the need to plaster their entire (yeah, yeah, I know "those aren't ALL of my guns!" ) gun collection all over the net?

I mean, seriously. What's the point?

I posted enough to prove I at least have a firearm when I went through the "rigorous" vetting process to become an MBW gun owner's club member. Why post ALL of your hardware on the net for everyone to see? Firearms (at least in my opinion) should be like mopeds. Fun to ride, but not for everyone to see what you have.
Old 06-22-2010 | 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

shrimp boat
^^^^because some people like to collect, and it's fun to show off your collection.
Old 06-22-2010 | 10:45 PM

His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
In that case, I must not like having fun, for I like to keep my "collection" private.
Old 06-22-2010 | 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by ZGlide
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalo...3-556-fmj-ammo

There you go. This is where I last bought my rounds. Prices have rocketed since though. This should be one of the best prices around.
Thx Z, I was about to pull the trigger and buy from there when I found the the-armory.com. They have the same PMC .223 1000rd @ $299 vs ammuntiontogo @ $329 and the shipping is about the same.
Old 06-23-2010 | 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
As already mentioned, the CZ is just a great, accurate gun. It's issued as a sidearm for many law enforcement agencies. Also as mentioned, it shoots nicely and is incredibly accurate. I also like the internal slide mechanism; less likely to jam from debris getting into the slide. It's also a nice heavy gun at 2.6lbs and is all steel.

A highly experienced pro/competition shooter recommended it to me, and he has shot every gun under the sun. I figured if it was good enough for him, I'd like it. I absolutely love it!

Mine is the CZ75 SP01 Tactical, which features a decocker and a double action trigger.

You can check it out here: http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-sp-01-tactical/