Sponsored by:

08....higher miles or little paintwork?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 07:35 PM

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
2000 Acura NSX, 2012 C63 P31 (gone and not forgotten), 2015 C63 507
08....higher miles or little paintwork?

Hi everyone, Im new to the community and have been looking for a W211 E63 for a few weeks now and doing some research.

I have found that I can obtain a 2008 with PII options and pano roof for just over $40K.

I have recently found one that shows an accident report on its car fax, but has a clean title (i.e. minor damage, hopefully no frame issues) but its the PERFECT color combo (White on black with pano roof) with only 35K miles

Or there are many options that have over 50K miles, but this puts the car out of warranty. Im scared to purchase a car of this caliber without warranty because of the cost of repair. I would definately look to purchasing an extended warranty from MB after I get the car.

Any guidance is helpful thanks
Old 06-20-2010, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63, 2010 SRX Turbo, 2010 Escalade EXT
I would lean towards the lower mileage E with the color combo you like (same as mine) but I would take it to the very best body shop you can find and pay them for an inspection to try to determne what they can about the accident repair. You might also try to track down the previous owner through the VIN records to corroborate what the body shop finds.
As with all non CPO vehicles I'd suggest you pay an MB dealer for a buyers inspection. That should be about $250 +/-. If they find serious issues they're probably still under warranty or you can walk away. If the issues are minor you can use them for negotiation with the seller.
If you spend $400-$500 total that's pretty cheap insurance considering what you're about to invest.
Good luck
Old 06-20-2010, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 141 Likes on 52 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by 95gsrturbo
Hi everyone, Im new to the community and have been looking for a W211 E63 for a few weeks now and doing some research.

I have found that I can obtain a 2008 with PII options and pano roof for just over $40K.

I have recently found one that shows an accident report on its car fax, but has a clean title (i.e. minor damage, hopefully no frame issues) but its the PERFECT color combo (White on black with pano roof) with only 35K miles

Or there are many options that have over 50K miles, but this puts the car out of warranty. Im scared to purchase a car of this caliber without warranty because of the cost of repair. I would definately look to purchasing an extended warranty from MB after I get the car.

Any guidance is helpful thanks
Is the white one that you are looking at in Texas? I was considering one that sounds exactly like what you are talking about, except the price was in the upper $40s. I eventually ended up buying a black one locally instead, but caution you to do your research on the extended warranties. You cannot get a Mercedes Benz CPO warranty unless you buy the car directly from a Mercedes dealership that has had the CPO process done, OR unless you buy it from an individual who bought it from Mercedes Benz since individuals are allowed ONE transfer of CPO from person to person. I mention this because the Texas car I was looking at the sales rep insisted up and down that the car came with Mercedes CPO since it was previously done. Well, that was a lie, because the dealer in Texas selling the car was NOT a Mercedes dealer, and was not allowed to transfer that. Also, if you buy extended warranty with the car (which I also did), make sure you specify one that covers AMG cars. There is a HUGE difference. Many of the warranties will cover E-Class cars and EXCLUDE the AMG cars.

Best of luck, my friend. It looks like you are a fellow NSX owner too. This is a totally different car for sure. Buy the best E63 you can afford and you should not have a problem.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:56 PM

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
2000 Acura NSX, 2012 C63 P31 (gone and not forgotten), 2015 C63 507
Thanks for the reply! I just saw this!
YES I do own an NSX and have seen you on Prime before also, same user name anyway!

Thanks for the advice- the one I WAS looking at WAS in TX (Houston actually) and was for sale at EXPO, but I wasn't comfortable with the fact that it was previously wrecked and painted.

I have currently found a new one that im about to post a new thread about.

What should i pay for an '07 with 44K miles white with pano roof and P2 options? Non Benz dealer and I prob have to pay to have it CPO and Warrantied.