W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashloader/Programmer/Data Logger for your MB!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
Exclamation Flashloader/Programmer/Data Logger for your MB!

TTM is now the ONLY AUTHORIZED Flashloader/Programmer/Data Logger dealer in the Mercedes market in the USA!!!

Please PM me for introductory pricing on the most revolutionary tool to hit the tuning market!

Now have the capability of storing multiple files and data logging up to 6 hours of data on a hand held device so now YOU can do your own comparisons and get REAL WORLD numbers, not INFLATED TUNER QUOTEDnumbers.

Isn't this what you've all been waiting for?

You also have the capability to flash a valet mode that will limit your Mercedes to a predetermined speed or rpm limit!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
Why not just put the price in the post?
Old 07-13-2010, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Sounds good bruce,whats the price for this and can we get an unlocked version?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by skratch77
Angelo-
Call me and I will explain the whole sequence and pricing to you!
Old 07-13-2010, 01:35 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
12C P85DL
Just for clarification-
TTM is the only MBWorld.ORG registered vendor selling the programmer/logger. There are other tuners providing this tool but they are not registered vendors on this forum (and thus I will not list them).
Old 07-13-2010, 01:37 PM

12C P85DL
If by unlocked you mean multiple ViNs then no, there is no unlocked version of the programmer.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by lolachampcar
If by unlocked you mean multiple ViNs then no, there is no unlocked version of the programmer.
By unlocked I ment like giving me full access to the ecu so I can tune and my own car.

Like say you give a base file and let us to the rest.

What hardware is this?

im not in the interest of tuning cars and making money,if there is a way to lock one vin but give us 100% control id be interested.

Last edited by skratch77; 07-13-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
By unlocked I ment like giving me full access to the ecu so I can tune and my own car.

What hardware is this?

im not in the interest of tuning cars and making money,if there is a way to lock one vin but give us 100% control id be interested.
This device allows you to load multiple tunes onto your vehicle; it does not allow you to actually tune the ECU. It is an updated version of the device RennTech used to sell under the name RennTech Auto Tuner or RAT.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
Bruce is it installed in my car yet ?????
Old 07-13-2010, 04:13 PM

12C P85DL

What hardware is this?

Ok, I see....

It might be helpful at this point to separate programming from tuning. The tool will allow you to generate files encrypted to a particular programmer from raw unencrypted binary files and program those files on an ME2.7.1 or ME2.8.1 in your car without ever having to pull the ECU and send it anywhere. This is especially useful on things like SLRs where is a PITA to get the ECU out and, if it is lost or damaged along the way, bloody expensive to replace.

The programmer just lets you put stuff on the car. The second half is the tuning which results in the file that gets put on the car. It is difficult to ask a tuner for his/her base file so that you can make modifications from that point forward as you are basically asking them to give you the keys to the kingdom. I do not think there is a locked down file editor for MB out there that would hide the maps and their locations so that starting file is basically a template for tuning all cars of that type. As you might guess, tuners defend this type of information.

You may be able to achieve the very same goal by working closely with an existing tuner. They could provide you with screen shots or other listings of the timing, mixture and other pertinent tables and you could prescribe changes as you see fit. The editing process is fast and the resultant encrypted file could be sent via email or Skype. I have tuners that do a similar thing with remote shops. For example, you have a tuner in Europe with a shop in the UAE. The car is on the dyno, the pull is logged and the results Skyped back to the tuner. The tuner then edits the file to correct any issues and Skypes back the new file for uploading to the car. The iterative custom tuning process occurs quickly without the need to schedule or fly the tuner to the shop or ship the car to the tuner. I have also heard of tuners getting Skyped log data (ME97) from the track, making edits and turning the files back around between runs.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
Angelo-
Is this available for any MB?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
Is this available for any MB?
Yeah I have a friend tuning an sl65 right now lol,Im waiting to see the dyno.

He is using byte shooter master and it cost like 5k for the setup.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
Angelo-
How can I get hooked up with this?
Old 07-15-2010, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
How can I get hooked up with this?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
You should be able to get one of these by contacting any of the tuning companies. Did you try contacting Bruce at TTMotorsports yet?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
You should be able to get one of these by contacting any of the tuning companies. Did you try contacting Bruce at TTMotorsports yet?
I like the idea.. but the price is not friendly for my situation.

I just can't believe you can tune a n54 engine for $300 buck with a piggy back and able to load files for your Octane rating.

it has to be a more simple way for us AMG owners.. specially when the turbos come out.

I can't wait to load file through Wi-fi via iphone that connects to a OBD2 plug with antenna.. We buy the hardware and a tuner sends us the file for $200 bucks. Anybody out there?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:41 AM

12C P85DL
Originally Posted by TopGun32
I like the idea.. but the price is not friendly for my situation.

I just can't believe you can tune a n54 engine for $300 buck with a piggy back and able to load files for your Octane rating.

it has to be a more simple way for us AMG owners.. specially when the turbos come out.

I can't wait to load file through Wi-fi via iphone that connects to a OBD2 plug with antenna.. We buy the hardware and a tuner sends us the file for $200 bucks. Anybody out there?

Just a couple of quick observations-
If the N54 piggyback stuff was $200 retail, the N54 piggyback would never have been created. There simply would not have been enough money in it.

The only way a "tuner" can sell ME97 files for $200 and be around for very long is if he/she simply copies the work of another tuner. This eventually happens and cheaper alternatives appear. If you have no investment, your costs of goods are much less and you have zero overhead thus you can afford to "give away" what you have aquired.

Lastly, when you do pick your tuner, I would suggest you pick one with the knowledge to at least adjust the product you are buying and pockets sufficiently deep enough to make things right if something does go wrong (like loose an ECU then have to have MB install a new one).

These are just my opinions having observed the market for a while and generated some products for it as well (ME97, ME2.8.1, ME2.7.1 and N54 programmers).
Old 07-17-2010, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Someone got a hold of me...
Old 07-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
How do you use the datalogger function? Also, can the end user see these log files or does it require special software to view? Thanks

Lastly, when you do pick your tuner, I would suggest you pick one with the knowledge to at least adjust the product you are buying and pockets sufficiently deep enough to make things right if something does go wrong (like loose an ECU then have to have MB install a new one).
Are you part of OEtuning? How would you know beforehand if a tuner would make things right?
Old 07-18-2010, 09:16 AM

12C P85DL
The data logger function is supported on the ME97 (AMG 63s), MSD8x (BMW x35s) and MSS6x ECUs (M3/5/6) only. The data rate on the ME2.7s and 2.8s is soooooo slow that logging data is almost useless. Think slow dial up speeds and you will be on the right track. I have been asked by several tuners to migrate my current 2.7/2.8 data logger to the new Mass Storage Class design and I will do it but sample rates that vary from 1 to 5 samples a second depending upon bus/ECU load makes it somewhat painful to use. The logger also records DTCs and can clear them as well as soon as I get off my lazy butt and add code clearing.

With respect to using the data logger functionality, the process is reasonably straight forward. You follow these basic steps-
Copy the Vehicle Data, Original and Tuned files off the Device. The Device looks like a memory stick when you plug it into a computer (Mass Storage Class or MSC device) so copying is simple drag and drop stuff.
Erase those same files off the Device.
Copy logset.bin over to the Device. This file is ECU specific and contains the list of items to be logged.
Plug the Device into the car, it will spend a few minutes erasing its internal storage then start to log data. It records data only when RPM is present to save space. Some versions also allow you to use the switch to start and stop logging.

With respect to viewing the data, there is a free viewer download which you install then simply import the logdata.bin or logdata.dat file from the Device. If you like, I can post a link to the viewer here and, if you PM me with your email address, I can send you as sample data file. There are no provisions for uploading a .bin file to the site or I would just post it here.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01 CLK 430
The data logger function is supported on the ME97 (AMG 63s), MSD8x (BMW x35s) and MSS6x ECUs (M3/5/6) only. The data rate on the ME2.7s and 2.8s is soooooo slow that logging data is almost useless. Think slow dial up speeds and you will be on the right track. I have been asked by several tuners to migrate my current 2.7/2.8 data logger to the new Mass Storage Class design and I will do it but sample rates that vary from 1 to 5 samples a second depending upon bus/ECU load makes it somewhat painful to use. The logger also records DTCs and can clear them as well as soon as I get off my lazy butt and add code clearing.

With respect to using the data logger functionality, the process is reasonably straight forward. You follow these basic steps-
Copy the Vehicle Data, Original and Tuned files off the Device. The Device looks like a memory stick when you plug it into a computer (Mass Storage Class or MSC device) so copying is simple drag and drop stuff.
Erase those same files off the Device.
Copy logset.bin over to the Device. This file is ECU specific and contains the list of items to be logged.
Plug the Device into the car, it will spend a few minutes erasing its internal storage then start to log data. It records data only when RPM is present to save space. Some versions also allow you to use the switch to start and stop logging.

With respect to viewing the data, there is a free viewer download which you install then simply import the logdata.bin or logdata.dat file from the Device. If you like, I can post a link to the viewer here and, if you PM me with your email address, I can send you as sample data file. There are no provisions for uploading a .bin file to the site or I would just post it here.
I shot you an email... I would like to hear more about the tuning aspect of this product.