W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

What is the fix for rolling into the throttle and the throttle cut out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2010 | 09:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E 55
What is the fix for rolling into the throttle and the throttle cut out?

Okay guys I know it was discussed previously but it seems the solution is a secret. I have an 2005 e55 180 pulley, 82mm tb on there now, kleenmann long tubes no cats, cooler plugs and bigger wires, and seperate S/C cooling system, and tune. Well anyways as described in the past and the issue that persisits is that when im driving but its way more prominate in the mornings on cold start under 80 degrees when Im driving not at wide open throttle but between 25 to 75 percent throttle while pushing down accellerating it seems like the throttle plates snap shut for a briefe second very abruptly and then kicks right back on. I know alot of people have also seen codes trip for load limit even after the load limits had been tuned out. Anyways I would love to find out the solution to this as it drives me nuts!! ALSO if anyone else has experianced this please post up. The only other symptom I have noticed is that after driving at highway speeds at about 80 for over 8 miles if I go to lay in the throttle slowly it jerks until I push down past about 70% throttle and the transmission kicks down. This is not glycol contaimination or torque converter issue I know its in the motor mapping or some tune issue. THANKS - And any info will be great
Old 07-05-2010 | 01:29 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by mxzxracer16
Okay guys I know it was discussed previously but it seems the solution is a secret. I have an 2005 e55 180 pulley, 82mm tb on there now, kleenmann long tubes no cats, cooler plugs and bigger wires, and seperate S/C cooling system, and tune. Well anyways as described in the past and the issue that persisits is that when im driving but its way more prominate in the mornings on cold start under 80 degrees when Im driving not at wide open throttle but between 25 to 75 percent throttle while pushing down accellerating it seems like the throttle plates snap shut for a briefe second very abruptly and then kicks right back on. I know alot of people have also seen codes trip for load limit even after the load limits had been tuned out. Anyways I would love to find out the solution to this as it drives me nuts!! ALSO if anyone else has experianced this please post up. The only other symptom I have noticed is that after driving at highway speeds at about 80 for over 8 miles if I go to lay in the throttle slowly it jerks until I push down past about 70% throttle and the transmission kicks down. This is not glycol contaimination or torque converter issue I know its in the motor mapping or some tune issue. THANKS - And any info will be great
We all suffer from it, no fix so far, you just have to live with it. Happens around 1.5-2 k RPM usuly and the car starts to bucks and rages and bites and...u get the picture

You just have to get used to it and with time you will know how to tame it a bit when it is going to happen

Here are a few posts to ease your mind

Look at post 11
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...s-1st-2nd.html

There is an other topic i recall us discussing a while back, can not remember title name though :-/

Last edited by Zod; 07-05-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-05-2010 | 01:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Viking War Ship
Really? All the 82mm throttle body kits/conversions have this same issue? There's no way to "tune" it out? I can't see Renntech, Evosport, or others selling a kit not refined better than this. But, with no experience, I'm only hoping there is a resolution for this nonsense.
Old 07-05-2010 | 01:42 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by kjlindgr
Really? All the 82mm throttle body kits/conversions have this same issue? There's no way to "tune" it out? I can't see Renntech, Evosport, or others selling a kit not refined better than this. But, with no experience, I'm only hoping there is a resolution for this nonsense.
I think the one you are reffering to is the car stuttering after running the car through the gears hard or doing a long high speed run.

Happens with the 82tb when the car comes to a stop