got bored made a quick vid 20-85 mph

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by bassn_07
This would be your results down to zero DA. Just the other day I witnessed a stage 2 car trap from 112-119 all within 3-4 hours of the first run. DA plays an amazing roll on how our cars perform.

Your results:
Density Altitude 2200 (feet)
Uncorrected ET 12.2 (sec)
Uncorrected MPH 117 (mph)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corrected ET 11.888
Corrected MPH 120.147
i cant wait to go up there on a 60d day and see what she runs.I almost dont want to put the pulley on yet to see if I can break 120 on stock boost.

Also to be fair my 12.2 was a high 12.28 or something like that so call it a 12.3.

I didnt want to start a huge debate on the forums but our cars def start dumping fuel and pulling timing right about 120 iats.

i mean even tonight I went from 113-115.6-117-117 on the same night! I got in the 117s when I started using the ice.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by skratch77
i cant wait to go up there on a 60d day and see what she runs.I almost dont want to put the pulley on yet to see if I can break 120 on stock boost.

Also to be fair my 12.2 was a high 12.28 or something like that so call it a 12.3.

I didnt want to start a huge debate on the forums but our cars def start dumping fuel and pulling timing right about 120 iats.

i mean even tonight I went from 113-115.6-117-117 on the same night! I got in the 117s when I started using the ice.
You'll need close to a zero DA day to get into the 120's. I really wish some of you could really experience the conditions Sacramento's track gives us. On the right day you could easily be at zero DA with a 10-15 mph tailwind. Just on location, weather, and conditions Sac has to be one of the fastest tracks around.

Pulling timing at 120 isn't' debatable IMO. I've seen it time and time again. People have to realize our ECU's are very sensitive and timing is pulled for numerous reasons.

Keep on the hard work and you'll soon hit your goals. You remind of me last year when i set out to hit 10's....consistently hitting the track. Practice in the heat and when the cooler weather comes you'll be seasoned and ready.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Wow it was the radio,calm down tough Guy.

Ran 12.4 at 115.5
haha roflmao. Your car pulls man!
Old 07-10-2010, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Thanks Mikey!!! Did you ever scan your temps to see if your pump was dead?
Old 07-10-2010, 02:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Skratch maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know what your mods are, but would you mind listing them...I like how fast your car pulls to 80, it got there in no time! BTW the music is fine, just like the chick singing it.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Car has heat exchanger and is running 25 degrees timing,everything else is stock!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!

Car has heat exchanger and is running 25 degrees timing,everything else is stock!

Did they send anymore MAP sensors since your tuner sent you how many different ones because that was what they thought was the cause of your CEL codes from their TB??

I think I know who attempted to tune your car AGAIN and just hope your correction maps weren't changed or BOOM!

DimSport now gives you better access to tables/map that shouldn't be touched but they're touching them! And I have the files to prove it!

Seems like you never learn no matter how many people try to help you Angelo!

You should really enlighten MB World members about what you have experienced from your vendor/tuner(). You were very angry about the way you were treated, which you explained to me every time we spoke, trying the resolve the CEL's caused by the 82MM TB kit you bought from what vendor/tuner() ?????

Anyway, nice runs Angelo, you are definitely a modaholic and I know how bad you want your car like the BEAST it should be and I am sure your cars feels great but.............
Old 07-10-2010, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
if I could go back in time I would of just ran the 172mm and tune.my car has a very safe tune on it now,heck its running enough fuel for a 180 pulley and its on stock boost.put her on the dyno and did 3 pulls back to back and it only lost 7whp on the last run.I wont ever show the numbers but its up there!!!I still dont know how hammer car is trapping so fast,but I guess in better conditions I should be able to hit 120.

My tuner did do everything to try and fix my TB codes to the point of sending me there star system to up my idle.I ended up with a refund at the end and that was it.the problem I think for my car was it didn't like the gt3 TB and if I just got a MB 550 .none of my problems would of happened.

25 d timing on stock boost is nothing.I have about 20 passes on reg 93 and in 90 temps and the car is consistent,dyno the hell out of it and have so many time slips its not even funny.Remember im on stock boost.

I know some people running 29d with a 180 pulley

Look up byte shooter master and slave real nice way to tune these beasts.Im going to tune my own car once my pulley is on.

Last edited by skratch77; 07-10-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Angelo-
Do you know what timing these cars actually run at when happy? It's not 25.

Good thing there are correction tables unless they were changed and then the knock sensor can try all it wants to pull timing and won't be able to and then...............YOU GUESSED IT.

Who did your tuning? Please enlighten the forum.

PS Try and do 2 or 3 runs back to back in high load pulls in 4th gear and see what happens. You are still drinking the Kool-Aid Ang. Remember I told you so!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
I dont have a stock bin to look at maybe 16-20d.If I were to guess with 168pulley maybe 23d max at redline.Every car is different and mine is not pulling timing,we would see it in the logs and on the dyno.

also the car can add or take away up to 12d so if a car is runnning a base of say 16 and you run 104oct race it would eventually advance it 12d

What is the optimal timing?I know kleemann goes up to 22-24 on modded cars with huge pulleys

I really pushed it to the limits last night,after the track we went to fridays for some food and I was getting on it hard with 4 people in the car and it was pulling like a bull.Had about 900extra lbs in it from us.

Last edited by skratch77; 07-10-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I dont have a stock bin to look at maybe 16-20d.If I were to guess with 168pulley maybe 23d max at redline.Every car is different and mine is not pulling timing,we would see it in the logs and on the dyno.

also the car can add or take away up to 12d so if a car is runnning a base of say 16 and you run 104oct race it would eventually advance it 12d

What is the optimal timing?I know kleemann goes up to 22-24 on modded cars with huge pulleys

I really pushed it to the limits last night,after the track we went to fridays for some food and I was getting on it hard with 4 people in the car and it was pulling like a bull.Had about 900extra lbs in it from us.
If you're running 16 degrees of timing on pump gas and your car advances 12 degrees on 104 you have some serious issues. My guess from multiple logs at the track would be that you're car is pulling timing with pump gas. I've logged 91, 95, and 104 all at the track and the most I've seen my car advance is 2.5 degrees. After 95 octane was used my car would no longer advance with either 100'or 104. I've seen this more than once and I now believe our cars only utilize the timing we have programmed in our cars not add. Than again I have a great tune where my car isn't pulling 12 degrees.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
If you're running 16 degrees of timing on pump gas and your car advances 12 degrees on 104 you have some serious issues. My guess from multiple logs at the track would be that you're car is pulling timing with pump gas. I've logged 91, 95, and 104 all at the track and the most I've seen my car advance is 2.5 degrees. After 95 octane was used my car would no longer advance with either 100'or 104. I've seen this more than once and I now believe our cars only utilize the timing we have programmed in our cars not add. Than again I have a great tune where my car isn't pulling 12 degrees.
i didnt mean my car advanced 12d,I ment that I think the car can retard and advance up to 12d timing on its own,so if the car can advance it on its own then it might be safe with proper fuel.

meaning if amg tuned it to run 16d and they left 12+ or - on the table for better conditions.

here is my video of my 12.2 run,you cant really see it but I have the slips and you can hear my friend say 12.2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zja49ahGms
Old 07-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!

The car uses the numbers in the ignition table as max values according to a number of factors(load, tps, etc) but the car will only pull timing not advance it.

While you said you aren't pulling timing there is a reason for that. You really should look at my previous posts and try and understand that even if the knock sensor is seeing detonation and wants to pull timing it can't because of manipulations of your correction tables.

Since Angelo won't answer the question on who tunEd his Car, I hope he will LET someone else answer:

The hint is BOOM?

For a 6 pack of your choice the answer is what?

You are 100% correct about the ECU not being able to advance the timing but it can't pull timing if the correction table(part of torque management) doesn't let the ECU. We have the files from one tuner to corroborative this in fact.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
i didnt mean my car advanced 12d,I ment that I think the car can retard and advance up to 12d timing on its own,so if the car can advance it on its own then it might be safe with proper fuel.

meaning if amg tuned it to run 16d and they left 12+ or - on the table for better conditions.

here is my video of my 12.2 run,you cant really see it but I have the slips and you can hear my friend say 12.2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zja49ahGms
Nice launch and run!

Do you realize how much power 12 degrees of timing would give a car? I've seen up to 30 rwhp with only a couple of degrees of timing IIRC. I'm not saying that I don't believe you but rather that I've never even seen anything close to the numbers you speak of on my car. I also realize it's not your car you speak of but just commenting on your post.

Once again I believe our cars will only pull timing and not advance. I use to think the same thing until I started logging all my runs. My car would see about 17 degrees on pump gas and close to 19.5 on 95,100, and 104. If what you posted is true about the 12 degrees of advancement I should have been in the high 20's.... Once again I'm no expert but just posting what I've found and learned through all my logging equipment.

By chance have you ran your car with pump only gas? In the end just be careful because as you know there's a big difference between race and pump gas. If your car is dependent on race fuel in order not to knock you should make some adjustments. Lower ET's are great but not at the cost of an engine. I also understand that anything could happen when pushing our cars to the limit but proper logging with the gas you run every day could help minimize the chances of catastrophic failure.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
You are 100% correct about the ECU not being able to advance the timing but it can't pull timing if the correction table(part of torque management) doesn't let the ECU. We have the files from one tuner to corroborative this in fact.

ALL BAD!!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Just logged the car did a 3rd gear pull saw -4 on my scan tool and it went up to -12 then I let off.

I usually run 93 oct and thats whats in my car now.

its hot and muggy and the ac was on full blast

I have no codes,my ltfts are 3.1 on both banks and you can see the timing change on the scan tool when I go wot.Are you guys saying my tune cant retard timing? How do you know what file is on my car? and I picked up 27mph on the back half of the 1/4 mile so its def making power top end

are you saying because my car has a messed up tune its not pulling timing and adding fuel? is that why it trapped so high? then why did I go from 117 to 113.9 on my 3rd back to back to back pull?the ecu is def doing something guys. my a/f is 11.8 up top and im pretty sure I had zero knock when it was on the dyno

but now im thinking my car showed zero knock because my tuner might of disabled the knock control system also

Last edited by skratch77; 07-10-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55

I would love to get some other stock E55's to come out and run Hammer Down's car. I know hammer raced a couple of LET tuned cars and that wasn't even close. It would be nice to to compare apples to apples to see how they do against the ole mighty Hammer.

EDIT: Man, I was just thinking about this. Hammer Down's car is only 5 mph behind a stage 4 E55 (with cams) on the same track and same day....amazing!
I wish I got the chance to run that car stock for stock. I've got about 5-6 videos running some fast stock/modded cars. My car is a beast stock also ! I do have meistershaft and 2nd cats delete now.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Just logged the car did a 3rd gear pull saw -4 on my scan tool and it went up to -12 then I let off.

I usually run 93 oct and thats whats in my car now.

its hot and muggy and the ac was on full blast

I have no codes,my ltfts are 3.1 on both banks and you can see the timing change on the scan tool when I go wot.Are you guys saying my tune cant retard timing? How do you know what file is on my car? and I picked up 27mph on the back half of the 1/4 mile so its def making power top end

are you saying because my car has a messed up tune its not pulling timing and adding fuel? is that why it trapped so high? then why did I go from 117 to 113.9 on my 3rd back to back to back pull?the ecu is def doing something guys. my a/f is 11.8 up top and im pretty sure I had zero knock when it was on the dyno

but now im thinking my car showed zero knock because my tuner might of disabled the knock control system also
I'm not implying anything but rather giving you what i experienced with my own car. As long as you're happy with the way it performs that's all that matters. You know your car better than anyone else.

What are you using to log your car?

have you logger you car on 91?