W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok the mods are starting, blacked out grill and emblem.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 e55 amg
ok the mods are starting, blacked out grill and emblem.

i know its nothing to big, but its the first of many mods to come, and im excited to start the transformation.

I got the emblem and grill and decided to paint them black. I used krylon plastic paint for the grill. no prep work required it says, and have heard of others using this product. Then end result looks great. i did about 10 coats on it so hopefully it dosnt chip to much to fast. if it does ill take it to a paint shop.

i did the emblem to before i switch to the flat badge i figured id see how it looks, because for now i kind of like the factory badge.

suggestions please on other exterior mods ! rims i know is a given ! I want to smoke the side orange markers but not sure how to take them off without breaking them.

I like the black look on cars, altho i dont want a black car do to me being a clean freak.

pic 2

my old truck
blacked out, tails, 3rd brake, headlights, emblems, side grills, top lights, exhaust ect ect
Old 07-09-2010, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Looks cool man, I just went back to the hood ornament too. I like to classic look as well as the flat badge.

I would just get euro strips bumper strips. They eliminate the side marker all together.

You might as well black out all the chrome molding now.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Looks good on the paint. As far as the bumper lights, they just pop out and you can use a small flat head screw driver to do that. Just be sure to wrap the end up the screwdriver with a thin cloth so you do not scratch the paint.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:50 PM

04 e55 amg
tgoss where do u get the euro moldings i looked and couldn't find them. are the chrome strips hard to get off? I hate chrome personally. i hadnt seen anyone paint the hood adornment so i figured id try it out.

mikey, thanks , i started to pry em off and i heard cracking and rattling and got nervous that i wouldn't get them back in again and stopped.. any thoughts ?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cmn130
tgoss where do u get the euro moldings i looked and couldn't find them. are the chrome strips hard to get off? I hate chrome personally.

mikey, thanks , i started to pry em off and i heard cracking and rattling and got nervous that i wouldn't get them back in again and stopped.. any thoughts ?
Call James or Peter at ACG - 1.877.422.4736

As far as the chrome you can just wrap it with vinyl.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

They will not snap if you are careful. Just find the smallest flat head you can find and gently snug it in the crevice and work your way around to pop it out. GL
Old 07-09-2010, 07:13 PM

04 e55 amg
thanks for the info guys MIKEY i will try tomorrow wish me luck ! lol.

i want to smoke the mirror lenses if anyone knows how to take them off if they can plz let me know
Old 07-09-2010, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
OP - looks good!!!!

I just went back to the hood ornament too.

Mr Goss. Do I even need to write anything. . .

(funny thing is I just put the gunsight back on because wifey insists it be on when she's in the car; that and my dad, the last time I was up, told me I was not allowed to bring the car in my parents' driveway unless he saw the gunsight - luckily it takes all of 60 seconds to switch them out)

You forgot the "removing of the egg yolks" from the turn signals.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Good job...keep the pics coming!
Old 07-09-2010, 09:38 PM

04 e55 amg
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Good job...keep the pics coming!
now ur car is sick buddy. if only i could find someone to black out my inner headlights. and chrome trim on the outside
Old 07-10-2010, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by motorkas
OP - looks good!!!!

(funny thing is I just put the gunsight back on because wifey insists it be on when she's in the car; that and my dad, the last time I was up, told me I was not allowed to bring the car in my parents' driveway unless he saw the gunsight - luckily it takes all of 60 seconds to switch them out)

+1 Need to buy chrome or stealth turn signal bulbs.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Originally Posted by cmn130
i know its nothing to big, but its the first of many mods to come, and im excited to start the transformation.

I got the emblem and grill and decided to paint them black. I used krylon plastic paint for the grill. no prep work required it says, and have heard of others using this product. Then end result looks great. i did about 10 coats on it so hopefully it dosnt chip to much to fast. if it does ill take it to a paint shop.

i did the emblem to before i switch to the flat badge i figured id see how it looks, because for now i kind of like the factory badge.

suggestions please on other exterior mods ! rims i know is a given ! I want to smoke the side orange markers but not sure how to take them off without breaking them.

I like the black look on cars, altho i dont want a black car do to me being a clean freak.

pic 2

my old truck
blacked out, tails, 3rd brake, headlights, emblems, side grills, top lights, exhaust ect ect

Looks good! But man, looks like a nice neighborhood, how about doing something about that driveway! What's leaking?

Last edited by pearlpower; 07-10-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by motorkas
OP - looks good!!!!

Ah yes the yolk has to go! Thanks for the ref BT! You gotta get some bulbs to take the yellow out of your turn signals. PM Motorkas, he'll tell you what's up

I dunno man something about the original star has got me. And truth be told, I love the star just as much as the flat badge. And you're right sir, it take a matter of seconds to switch em out. I just keep the opposite in the center console
Old 07-10-2010, 12:10 PM

04 e55 amg
lol driveway was due to girlfriends car was a pos. we fixed that problem i need to have it redone.

and yes I agree with the eggyolk comment, i had to read motorkas comment a few times to understand it. haha
Old 07-10-2010, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Tgoss was the one who hipped me to them. You can get them from Stealth Auto - either call or put your make and model in and they take car of the rest. Super easy DIY - it's just a PITA to stick your hand in and twist when pulling them out/putting them back in but it shouldn't take more than 5 mins
Old 07-10-2010, 07:23 PM

04 e55 amg
thanks guys, i figured out how to take the side markers out, not to bad, i painted them with the nightshade taillight and lens black paint, but im not happy with the results , so i ordered the smoke lenses with white bulbs. oh well
Old 07-10-2010, 08:19 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
2006 E55, 2006 saab 93 aero, 2010 glk 4m
Nice results man. I guess we were doing the same mod at the same time cos i started mine yesterday. A bit jealous though cos i went old school and did primer n all the good stuff for similar result.Finally finished mine today
Old 07-10-2010, 09:28 PM

04 e55 amg
Originally Posted by nanayaw6
Nice results man. I guess we were doing the same mod at the same time cos i started mine yesterday. A bit jealous though cos i went old school and did primer n all the good stuff for similar result.Finally finished mine today
ha thanks buddy, im sure with all the work you put in yours probably looks better. I have this huge problem of not being able to drive a stock car. i have to give it my own touches and tweaks, it makes me love it that much more