W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What brand/model tires has performed the best so far on your AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 02:12 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
09E350, 07E63, 13CLS63
+1

Originally Posted by Yuille36
The Continental Extreme Contact DWS work outstandingly in all weather conditions, I have them on my E63, and I couldn't be any happier. They also have a great wear rating of UTQG 540. So they will outlast most if not all other comparable tires. You can't go wrong with these, not to mention a nice tread pattern, befitting of an AMG. a little more about these amazing tires. The ExtremeContact DWS (DWS for Dry, Wet & Snow) is Continental's Ultra High Performance All-Season radial developed for drivers of sports cars, sports coupes, performance sedans and sport trucks. The ExtremeContact DWS is designed to satisfy their year-round driving needs by blending dry and wet road performance with light snow and slush traction. ExtremeContact DWS features an advanced silica-based, high-grip, all-season tread compound molded into a unique asymmetrical tread design with stable shoulder blocks and a continuous, notched intermediate rib on the outboard side to enhance responsiveness and cornering stability. The center of the tread features independent blocks separated by high-angle, criss-cross grooves to provide the biting edges necessary to deliver wet road and light snow traction while independent inboard shoulder blocks help disperse water to further enhance hydroplaning resistance and foul weather traction. The ExtremeContact DWS features Tuned Performance Indicators — visible letters molded into the second rib from the outboard shoulder to alert drivers of the tire's performance levels. A visible "DWS" indicates the tire has sufficient tread depth for dry conditions, as well as wet roads and light snow. After the "S" has worn away, the remaining "DW" indicates the tire only has sufficient tread depth for dry and most wet road conditions. And after the "W" and "S" have both worn away, the remaining "D" indicates the tire has appropriate tread depth for dry conditions only. The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced with spirally wound jointless nylon cap plies to provide long-term integrity under high-speed conditions while reducing weight and helping to provide more uniform ride quality.
Thank you for an excellent review. I believe DWS is the best bang for the bucks. its very quiet, very good warranty 50k/25k. I had tgis one on my E350 before and I was very happy. I will put this set on my E63.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG, Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Originally Posted by ShangoAshe
ohh and I forgot to mention how awesome the tread looks! haha
do they last? looks like they only come in summer tires.