Ebay listing WARNING

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Ebay listing WARNING

It was brought to my attention that some one on ebay is selling MBH motorsports headers... BUYER BEWARE! this is not a dealer of ours. I can assure you this seller does not have these headers. To the unsuspecting buyer/bidder this could end up being a nightmare. Please note Dyno-Comp or MBH motorsports has no affiliation with this seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/dynoc...#ht_746wt_1165

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/dynoc...#ht_922wt_1165
Old 07-25-2010, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
I saw those about five days ago and thought it was a bit off, so now we know the truth alas.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:11 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
sad things...

but on a sidenote, if you look at the sellers feedback for things they bought....

Seller: Member id inlook05 ( Feedback Score Of 1449) Feb-08-10 12:12
Women Miss Sixty Basic Italy Style Tommy Jeans Size 27 (#390078759891)

ya, size 27......

Old 07-25-2010, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
Auction ended and someone had made a $3500 offer, which was NOT accepted.

If it was bogus wouldn't they have sold it for that price ? And, yes, based on the feedback, I think something's amiss.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
Feedback is only from buying things, none from selling anything.

Also look at all the other auctions he has. None are real photos.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 / 2001 e39 M5
Most likely some size 27 woman logged into a phishing email with her ebay credentials...but I'd think they would offer a little more aggressive price to try and capitalize on the scam..lol
Old 07-25-2010, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
yeah I dont get this scam at all.No one is paying 4k for headers these days.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
He's one of those drop ship guys probably. He has no inventory but if you buy from him he'll call up MBH and order them and have them drop shipped to you. That's why the price is high, too. He makes a few bucks (for doing nothing, really) while trying to build up some fly by night Euro parts business. A lot of internet "businesses" have no inventory and rely on the customer not knowing any better.

I think we've all seen it before.....
Old 07-25-2010, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by 220S
He's one of those drop ship guys probably. He has no inventory but if you buy from him he'll call up MBH and order them and have them drop shipped to you. That's why the price is high, too. He makes a few bucks (for doing nothing, really) while trying to build up some fly by night Euro parts business. A lot of internet "businesses" have no inventory and rely on the customer not knowing any better.

He's just middle manning people, nothing wront with it IMO. If you don't know any better it works. It's just business. Instead of buying it from a wholesaler, he buys from a retailer. Whatever works.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
I thought was the same as some others... Maybe he was going to try and move them. Then contact us to buy them if he did sell them. The thing that got me worried is... If someone bought these headers on ebay, then came on the forum asking "where are my headers?" It could get ugly fast. You potentially have a recipe for getting ripped off.

Having someone who actually wanted the headers, spend a good amount of money on them, only to not receive them. When they could have went to us or one of our dealers and had no issue. We dont want that happening to anyone. Its not to much to ask to know who is selling your product. Nor do we want to have our products used in any potential scam.

In my eyes, its better to air on the side of caution and alert MBW members. Funny thing is.. If I put a set of headers up for sale on Ebay for "X" amount of dollars.. And someone offered me "Y" amount of dollars. I might have said yes.. However thats something only I, or my dealers can do.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
I thought was the same as some others... Maybe he was going to try and move them. Then contact us to buy them if he did sell them. The thing that got me worried is... If someone bought these headers on ebay, then came on the forum asking "where are my headers?" It could get ugly fast. You potentially have a recipe for getting ripped off.

Having someone who actually wanted the headers, spend a good amount of money on them, only to not receive them. When they could have went to us or one of our dealers and had no issue. We dont want that happening to anyone. Its not to much to ask to know who is selling your product. Nor do we want to have our products used in any potential scam.

In my eyes, its better to air on the side of caution and alert MBW members. Funny thing is.. If I put a set of headers up for sale on Ebay for "X" amount of dollars.. And someone offered me "Y" amount of dollars. I might have said yes.. However thats something only I, or my dealers can do.
I think it's important that you monitor your products, where they are going, how much they are being sold for, etc.. Otherwise you lose control over pricing and reputation. Most companies are very careful about that (and use only selected vendors) unless they don't really care and just want to take the money and run. But if you have a good product and you stand by it, you certainly want to protect its distribution and integrity.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
This guy is a scam. Just a month ago, he claimed to be an "authorized" RennTech dealer and was selling RennTech long-tube headers and tune for CLK63 BS but when I asked RennTech about him, they said he was not authorized and that there was no guarantee that his stuff is actually RennTech's. He does the same thing was BMW products.

One should be very careful about buying from e-bay especially nowadays with all the different scams going on.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Originally Posted by 220S

true haha. I am thinking it had to do with shoes though lol...

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
This guy is a scam. Just a month ago, he claimed to be an "authorized" RennTech dealer and was selling RennTech long-tube headers and tune for CLK63 BS but when I asked RennTech about him, they said he was not authorized and that there was no guarantee that his stuff is actually RennTech's. He does the same thing was BMW products.

One should be very careful about buying from e-bay especially nowadays with all the different scams going on.
Whoever would buy from that guy when you can get them direct for cheaper is .