W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you guys think is the best exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Originally Posted by Blacksport350
Eisenman Race all the way. I love the sound from mine and never had warranty issues. No increase or loss in power so it was all about the sound.
Ohhhh the sound. I feel bad for people in my garage early AM when I fire her up. WAAAAWWWAWWAWAWWAAWAWAWAWWAWAWawwawwawawwawa

Originally Posted by MOR8A
Just spoken to the warranty company and I am not allowed any mods or it will invalidate the policy. Just had a look at the eisenmann system and you have to cut the original exhaust to fit it on. So looks like I will be looking for a 2nd system after all!
Dood you're more likely to get owned by your warranty for replacing headers and removing cats then you would be for a muffler like Eisenmann or Meisterchaft. The cans for the exhaust are almost identical to the OEM and even if you have a problem the inspector for warranty will NOT look at your mufflers as they are NOT related to anything mechanical that could go wrong with your car or that your warranty would even cover.

I was in the same boat. I wanted sound and I got a quote for a custom exhaust. Even at the low end it was $600-$700. I got my Eisenmann 6 weeks old, shiny like a new watch, for under a G. Just do your self a favor and go that route. You can always just swap them out if you have a BIG claim. Whats it cost to swap out mufflers these days, 50 bucs??
Old 07-29-2010, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by TheVazha
I got my Eisenmann 6 weeks old, shiny like a new watch, for under a G.
From where?! Used?
Old 07-29-2010, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Originally Posted by HoustonE55
From where?! Used?
Yes. It was on a 2007 E63. The guy was selling his car and I was able to negotiate a stock + $ trade. It took me 3.5 long months and countless hours of browsing hundreds of sources but I was able to score a pretty much brand new Eisenmann for a killer price.

Here's what I did:

I searched Auto Trader, Ebay, and other auto sales sites. I specifically searched for 03-07 W211 AMG's and had the sellers send me pics of the exhaust tips. If the tips read AMG I just discarded them. If however they read Eisenmann, I would shoot the seller an email proposing a trade + $ for OEM. I would NEVER pay $3200+ for a new exhaust, thats just unreasonable in ways I cant even begin to describe.

It did take a while, but I SWEAR to you if you heard what my car sounds like you would tell me it was worth every minute. I dont know if you've ever heard a S65 launch in real life but its very similar.