W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plug and Play larger Fuel Injector?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:52 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by sgtstanko
You are wasting your time and your looking for tuning issues. Your mods do not support adding larger injectors. You better have access to a tuning map so you can properly scale them.

If your looking for injectors here you go.....http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/

If your looking for someone to flow, clean or machine the pintel to fit your manifold......http://www.rceng.com/ ask for SRT8 John

lololol

You couldn't be more wrong with that statement. And yes, he has a tuner that has been working with the project and has already scaled the tune for the new injectors.

Details will be released soon, but we are seeing scary things with high hp with the stock injectors.

this particular car has about all the mods and then some and has been datalogged relentlessly

Old 08-28-2010, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
I'm probably not making as much hp as most here but I'm still using stock injectors. I just had my stock injectors done up by RCeng about a month or two back. Here's some info in regards to what they flow.

I had about 55,000 miles on my injectors before I had them cleaned, tested, and calibrated. I also changed out my fuel filter and pump with zero issues at all. My AFR's are exactly where I like them with the duty cycle of the injectors between 80-85 percent. I've data logged my extensively with numerous WOT runs with EGT probes, dual widebands, and with many other parameters logged.

Nice job Brooke, give me a call sometime.

Plug and Play larger Fuel Injector?-injectors.jpg
Old 08-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by AgSilver
I would have to agree that the standard injectors are about right for the HP produced by most of the available mods. Any thoughts about the 6 port SLR injectors? - - - perhaps a better spray pattern. I think they have been retrofitted by some, but haven't heard much feed back on the results.
They are expensive and dont flow much more than 55k injectors. I have them only because the 55 NA injectors are tiny in comparison and wanted something to drop in and work for sure
Old 08-28-2010, 08:39 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
I am not even going to glorify the blanket statements in this thread,, as they just make me laugh to hard.. Damn it is childish to say crap with no research or test to back it up..

Alan, you can have a safe A/R but the injector can still be static or maxed. At that level , the risk are high and tunning A/F tuning is not precise..

I have been talking about our small injectors for a year now and there are very few cars that can take a 20% plus increase in RWHP on stock injectors.. Especially , since most of us but Amhad can incerse fuel psi.. Run the numbers! RC has the calcualtors on line.. Don`t froget to put in 65psi for 5K and above, as it is not 80.. Looks real bad at 65 psi!

I have tons of fuel now and room to grow on.. It is nice too. Sure hated living on the edge.. Anyone makeing over 510 rwhp, needs to be real concerned.. Take it for what it is worth.. Won`t show up in the summer, but come racing season it can be NASTY!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-28-2010, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
I'm definitely not sure what my exact duty cycle is but I reverted backk to one of my old tunes (10.77) and I need a bit of fuel removed. Remember I'm running meth right now and I'm sure that's helping me out, it richness me up about a 1/2 point. I'm actually running a bit more on the conservative side anticipating the cooler weather.

My biggest concern with larger injectors is drive-ability issues and the work needed at part throttle. I'll be talking with my tech about having a BAP added in and see where that takes me. To me this would be the simplest solution, at least I hope.

Good luck Brooke with the Texas mile!

Last edited by bassn_07; 08-28-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:52 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
ez-go
Interesting injector read.