Originally Posted by TheVazha
Anyone got any for sale?

You can get a set for 3K
Old 08-14-2010, 12:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG
You can get a set for 3K

One of the sponsors is having a "sale" for $2,999. Be sure to jump on that one.

Sorry I don't have any real advice or headers to offer. If you want a decently(relatively speaking of course) priced set that doesn't look like some hacked-together log manifold, give Eurocharged a call and ask about their Kleemann mid-length headers.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
Anyone got any for sale?

I have some Renntech shortys for sale
Old 08-14-2010, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 / 2001 e39 M5
https://mbworld.org/forums/engine-pe...s-midpipe.html

I have these, but may be selling the car so they might be available...I should know in the next week or two...I'm in them for about $2500 after all the shipping and paypal BS fees...
Eurocharged long tube headers and midpipe for an W211 E55. My E55 is a 2004. i've had them sitting in my garage for months, never getting a chance to get them put on. I bought a new motorcycle and need the money to help pay for it so i'd like to get rid of the headers/midpipe. i really don't need the extra power. i think 460 rwhp is plenty for me.

The midpipe is made to reach the flanges ahead of the resonator (the ones that are offset). So you would have to cut the stock pipe ahead of the flanges and weld the midpipe there. However, you could also have flanges made that would match up to the stock ones and weld those to the midpipe and then bolt it to the stock exhaust and then you wouldn't have to cut the stock exhaust.

i spent over $3300.00. i would like to get $2500.00 plus shipping to the lower 48 states. that's a good chunk off a set of brand new, never installed, stainless longtube headers/midpipe. The headers have bungs welded in for the o2 sensors. Everything is stainless steel.
I tried to upload pictures but it didn't work. it may be because i also placed the add in the AMG W211 section with pictures. so go over there to see pics. If you are close i may be willing to meet. I'm located in Birmingham, Alabama. thanks
Old 08-14-2010, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by GT40MkI

I have these, but may be selling the car so they might be available...I should know in the next week or two...I'm in them for about $2500 after all the shipping and paypal BS fees...
Why you selling the beast?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Get FF true long tube headers.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG
You can get a set for 3K
Oh yes, Peter I am away of the $3000 dollar set!

Originally Posted by izzyz28
One of the sponsors is having a "sale" for $2,999. Be sure to jump on that one.

Sorry I don't have any real advice or headers to offer. If you want a decently(relatively speaking of course) priced set that doesn't look like some hacked-together log manifold, give Eurocharged a call and ask about their Kleemann mid-length headers.
The sale price of $2,999 + another $___ for installation seems like a good deal. I should be all over that!! NOT!

Originally Posted by AMGPilot
I have some Renntech shortys for sale
PM me PLEASE with specs and price! I want!

Originally Posted by GT40MkI

My friend I was looking for a more affordable option. Thanks for the offer and the heads up. GLWS!

Originally Posted by mikey33
Get FF true long tube headers.
Thanks dood! Any sources?
Old 08-15-2010, 03:34 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Oh yes, Peter I am away of the $3000 dollar set!

The sale price of $2,999 + another $___ for installation seems like a good deal. I should be all over that!! NOT!
You can get a shorty set of headers and be lucky to make 18whp.. or that $3000 set and make 48whp. Keep in mind installation time is just about the same for shorty headers as those $3000 headers. I've owned and installed both Shorty and long there is no real savings on install

Those $3000 dollar headers are not cheap to make by a long shot. There is well over $1000 in material used in those $3000 headers. That does not even include time and labor cost to make them.

I make headers only because I want to, not because I have to. I want the best for my car. In turn I offer them as a by-product for the people who want the best for their car; made out of the best materials. There is a reason why I don't make headers for any other make of car. I'm sorry if $3000 is to much, but its the best I can do.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by izzyz28
If you want a decently(relatively speaking of course) priced set that doesn't look like some hacked-together log manifold, give Eurocharged a call and ask about their Kleemann mid-length headers.
Did EC become a Kleemann dealer? If so, OP, call 'em and get a set. If not, alternatively, you can call Cory @ Kleemann USA - he's tremendously helpful. Kleemann's full 304 stainless steel M113 headers + primary-cat-delete downpipes lists for just under $1,500 last I checked. Not sure if that's in your budget or not - but it sounds like it may be close. On 55K's they allegedly add around 40hp and 50 ft-lbs. Here's what they look like:

http://www.fabspeed.com/Kleemann%20H...tock%20E55.pdf

(PDF link credit: Fabspeed, the Kleemann dealer I've worked with)

Best of luck with whatever direction you go - but FWIW, I agree 100% with MBH's comments about gains and installation charges. "Do it once, do it right" might save money down the road. My C32 went "stock => LET shorty => Kleemann mid-length LT" and skipping the middle step would've saved about a grand (difference between what they cost new vs. what I was able to sell them for, plus that round of installation expense). YMMV.

Last edited by c32AMG-DTM; 08-15-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
PM, email or call Cory at Kleemann if you are interested in their headers. The Kleemanns are a great deal at $1500 and will definitely pick you up some power, plus Cory is the shiizzzzz when it comes to customer service!
Old 08-15-2010, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by 930chas
PM, email or call Cory at Kleemann if you are interested in their headers. The Kleemanns are a great deal at $1500 and will definitely pick you up some power, plus Cory is the shiizzzzz when it comes to customer service!
+1 Charlie only speaks the truth
Old 08-15-2010, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
You can get a shorty set of headers and be lucky to make 18whp.. or that $3000 set and make 48whp. Keep in mind installation time is just about the same for shorty headers as those $3000 headers. I've owned and installed both Shorty and long there is no real savings on install

Those $3000 dollar headers are not cheap to make by a long shot. There is well over $1000 in material used in those $3000 headers. That does not even include time and labor cost to make them.

I make headers only because I want to, not because I have to. I want the best for my car. In turn I offer them as a by-product for the people who want the best for their car; made out of the best materials. There is a reason why I don't make headers for any other make of car. I'm sorry if $3000 is to much, but its the best I can do.
Amen to this!! Do it right or do it twice.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:41 PM

2005 E55 / 2001 e39 M5
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
Amen to this!! Do it right or do it twice.

I was skeptic on the $2-3k headers until I saw a set...then took it to a local welder/fabricator and asked what it would cost to "rip them off..."...

He said it'd take him 6-8 weeks, and minimum $1500-2000 in parts and labor to try and clone the set. He did say using mild steel would be $1200-1600...I hate to say it, but for the money you really can't go wrong if you're looking for that extra 50hp...
Old 08-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I wouldn't knock any headers you guys put on your E55's. There are headers out there that are performing really well for a lot of members. There is a truth that might be slightly overlooked when trying to find the right header at the right price your your car.

That truth is not all headers, long or short are made the same. Some have a better design. Some are made out of better materials. Some are made over seas. The list goes on.

Here is a look at a bad header. This header is for a C230 coupe and you can find them all over ebay for like $200.

Although this header is made out of stainless steel. Its made out of Chinese stainless which is not as strong or as good as US stainless. This header also has a very bad design. In fact we had a customer come in saying his header was cracked. After inspection we confirmed there was indeed a crack. Rather than go out and just buy another $200 header. We made him a new one picking up 30whp over this ebay header. This is just a classic case of headers not all begin the same.

While keeping your budget in mind, The decision IMO, gets harder. To the point were some trade offs come into play. Do you want over seas stainless or American stainless? DO you want Mild steel over US stainless? Or do you want over sea stainless vs mild steel?

Then you have to factor in witch one has the best design? Maybe the mild steel header is better designed then the US stainless header?

The decision can be really hard. Taking myself out of the header biz for a second. We have seen headers for these cars made out 304SS USA, Chinese SS, 409SS (409 is the minimum allowed to be called stainless steel), Mild steel, Mild steel coated...

Point is, buying headers for your car (long or short) is a lot harder when you factor in all the details. All of us I would assume want the best for your car. So its important to make an informed decision on something that is going to work well for you, your budget, and your situation.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63

MBH,
I do believe that you have a solid product, and thank you for your professional advice. That is exactly what I was looking for when I started this thread.
As far as the price, I did not mean to poke fun at your product. I'm sure it's worth every penny it costs. Me personally, I don't have 3G's to drop on headers. I'm not really concerned with the handful of ponies your headers can get over the less expensive ones, I'm in it for letting my motor breathe easier. So you are correct in your assesment, there will be a balance of quality, performance and price.

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Did EC become a Kleemann dealer? If so, OP, call 'em and get a set. If not, alternatively, you can call Cory @ Kleemann USA - he's tremendously helpful. Kleemann's full 304 stainless steel M113 headers + primary-cat-delete downpipes lists for just under $1,500 last I checked. Not sure if that's in your budget or not - but it sounds like it may be close. On 55K's they allegedly add around 40hp and 50 ft-lbs. Here's what they look like:

http://www.fabspeed.com/Kleemann%20H...tock%20E55.pdf

(PDF link credit: Fabspeed, the Kleemann dealer I've worked with)

Best of luck with whatever direction you go - but FWIW, I agree 100% with MBH's comments about gains and installation charges. "Do it once, do it right" might save money down the road. My C32 went "stock => LET shorty => Kleemann mid-length LT" and skipping the middle step would've saved about a grand (difference between what they cost new vs. what I was able to sell them for, plus that round of installation expense). YMMV.
$1500 is more what I had in mind, I will be speaking to Cory soon!

Originally Posted by 930chas
Will do!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

its totally cool, I didn't really take it as a knock. But more to address the slight misconception of the product. People that personally know me, understand I do this crazy mod stuff, because I love AMG's. I dont venture into other makes of cars. I just try to make the cars I feel passionate abut a little bit better. In fact I'm always the one, who goes to manufacturing asking "how can I make these headers more affordable without skimping on anything?" I'm right there with you guys.. I think its safe to say. If I didn't push for this little header sale, It wouldn't have happened. I would rather make no money selling headers, and have everyone have them. Over selling a few sets and making some money.

Sometimes I feel like the Dyson vacuum guy.. Trying to make something a little bit better.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63
its totally cool, I didn't really take it as a knock. But more to address the slight misconception of the product. People that personally know me, understand I do this crazy mod stuff, because I love AMG's. I dont venture into other makes of cars. I just try to make the cars I feel passionate abut a little bit better. In fact I'm always the one, who goes to manufacturing asking "how can I make these headers more affordable without skimping on anything?" I'm right there with you guys.. I think its safe to say. If I didn't push for this little header sale, It wouldn't have happened. I would rather make no money selling headers, and have everyone have them. Over selling a few sets and making some money.

Sometimes I feel like the Dyson vacuum guy.. Trying to make something a little bit better.
It's certain you are passionate about your work. If in the future you need a guinea pig for any product you design please you know where to find me. Also, if you happen to have a set of used headers laying around I'd love a shot at them. Until then, keep up the great work and best luck with the biz!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML63
Is there anyway that you can make the headers in pieces for track use that would go all the way back to the resonators? So it could be a DIY? Without the welding? Charge more but if its DIY people would pay more and save on install.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Pretty sure welding is not mandatory. Cutting, yes......but the end of the headers has a slip fit/clamp so you can slide them onto the stock exhaust once you cut off the oem stuff
Old 08-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Roverron
Is there anyway that you can make the headers in pieces for track use that would go all the way back to the resonators? So it could be a DIY? Without the welding? Charge more but if its DIY people would pay more and save on install.
I would like to see, a 100% bolt in setup that mates to the factory clamps. I have the cars to do it, So I will look into this. I don't mean to take away from theVazha's thread. If you guys got any questions about any headers mine or someone else's. feel free to PM me. I can give you an honest opinion regardless who makes the header.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:00 PM

W124 E500 (RIP), W211 E350 (Sold), R230 SL55 (Current)
Hmm.. might be interested in the Kleemann deal. Let us know how that works out.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
my mph went from a best of 115.85 to 118.3 in worse weather with just VRP shorties. Keep your eyes peeled for a set - they are more reasonably priced than those 3k bullspit ones.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP

Don't know why people knock shorty headers. I made 42whp with the PLM before and after within 3 hours. Others have made 30+. I know you have a great product, but they are certainly not the only option when it comes to making power.

For the OP, PLM headers can be had for 2K shipped. PM me and I can connect you with a vendor.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
My .02 You are purchasing more than just a bunch of stainless or mild steel. In real life, there are real problems. You want a company that is not going to hand you a bunch of excuses when issues arise.
My dealings with Mike are not complete, but I can honestly say he has step up to the plate. In the future, I will submit a full write up on his headers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Headers!!