W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Largest E55 H/E Who Makes It??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2010 | 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
I just got the EuroCharged HE which I will install next week. It's definitely bigger than stock and will bolt right in.
Old 08-31-2010 | 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
It requires you to cut the original h/e mounts and to rearrange the cooling device under it to be mounted in some way.
Old 09-03-2010 | 04:39 PM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Hey Steve.... long time no see, how've you been? Welcome back to the AMG family

How is your Jeep project going? Ready for Famoso this November?
Hey Moe!! Yea the Jeep will be ready. I am installing a Lunati Voodoo cam and new wet flowed heads, Ford Corba fuel injectors and a 90mm throttle body, newly ported manifold and bigger headers. Looking to beat my 11.5 and run 11.3 n/a in a 5100lb Jeep!

Remember those blown SRT8 guys they are helping me with this E55. Most of them are blown Ford guys as well. This thing aint much different.....
Let me know when Famoso is coming up!

Steve

Last edited by sgtstanko; 09-03-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-03-2010 | 10:03 PM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
you don't need a tuner to adjust the fan to come on a bit sooner. "search 10 degree fan mod" and you see that it can be done through star. regardless, that only affects engine temps and not i/c temps since the fans aren't on the h/e.
you won't see any measurable difference between all the larger or piggyback h/e's currently available (the i/c core is the real problem) so just find the best kit for the price and call it a day.
I agree after seeing what everyone is doing, for the hassle I would add a second H/E like the Evosport designb along with a ice can/split reservoir. It appears to add as much capacity and cooling as a bigger H/E.

As far as fan speed.......Yes you do!
The SRT8 family other than the 6.1 hemi engine is a Mercedes E from the chassis to the driveline including the software. We learned that the fan is multispeed and able to go into high speed at a lower temperature, ie around 185 or when you turn off the a/c. I had the -10 degree fan mod early in 2006 when I first leased the car, and it didnt do much. When you install a lower degree thermostat what is the point if your fan doesnt support it? Unfortunately the MB does not have a hand held tuner..... but I was involved with SRT8 tuners and able to see the "cells" for timing, fuel, rev limiters, torque management, tranny shift point and firmness and off course fan speeds.

My point is....Engine temps(regardless which ones) are key to keeping the engine cooler and fight detonation along with the knock sensors from pulling timing. It is all related. Just like the catch can issue and all that detonation prone oil......but thats for another thread.

Originally Posted by AgSilver
You are correct sir! HE's will not increase the BTU capacity of the IC's. Larger HE's can only get you to the maximum IC capacity, which will help. That's why SLR's have larger IC's (and a fuel cooler). To my knowledge, only Väth offers replacement IC's (about $6000) which only provides about 3%-5% increase in capacity.
I agree.... but every bit helps and begins to add up regardless of "single mod" effectiveness. Like in anything it just keeps adding to the foundation as you build the house.

Old 09-03-2010 | 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
imho, the lower threshold thermostats and -10* fan mod were not attempts to curb detonation by controling engine tempuratures as much as they were early bandaids for our iat problem. these mods helped (slightly) because the stock i/c circuit and engine cooling circuit were tied together. there's no reason to want your fan to cool your engine water temps below 180*, especially if one has already split the two cooling systems. i highly doubt there's any additional power to be had by keeping the engine water temp below 180* and i would bet that it would actually create a new set of problems if you did.

but like i prefaced...imho.

Originally Posted by sgtstanko
...As far as fan speed.......Yes you do!
The SRT8 family other than the 6.1 hemi engine is a Mercedes E from the chassis to the driveline including the software. We learned that the fan is multispeed and able to go into high speed at a lower temperature, ie around 185 or when you turn off the a/c. I had the -10 degree fan mod early in 2006 when I first leased the car, and it didnt do much. When you install a lower degree thermostat what is the point if your fan doesnt support it? Unfortunately the MB does not have a hand held tuner..... but I was involved with SRT8 tuners and able to see the "cells" for timing, fuel, rev limiters, torque management, tranny shift point and firmness and off course fan speeds.

My point is....Engine temps(regardless which ones) are key to keeping the engine cooler and fight detonation along with the knock sensors from pulling timing. It is all related. Just like the catch can issue and all that detonation prone oil......but thats for another thread...
Old 09-04-2010 | 12:04 AM

CLS55 & CL CK60
just got this mack daddy installed. goes almost all the way to the top...

Old 09-04-2010 | 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Hey Moe!! Yea the Jeep will be ready. I am installing a Lunati Voodoo cam and new wet flowed heads, Ford Corba fuel injectors and a 90mm throttle body, newly ported manifold and bigger headers. Looking to beat my 11.5 and run 11.3 n/a in a 5100lb Jeep!

Remember those blown SRT8 guys they are helping me with this E55. Most of them are blown Ford guys as well. This thing aint much different.....
Let me know when Famoso is coming up!

Steve

The date has been set.... November 20th. Here is the official thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...20-2010-a.html

I will be posting on 8 other forums shortly
Old 09-04-2010 | 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
Originally Posted by beauphus

nice one, from where u got it ?
Old 09-04-2010 | 12:06 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60
Originally Posted by Ali_E55
nice one, from where u got it ?

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...ease-dyno.html
Old 09-04-2010 | 09:43 PM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
imho, the lower threshold thermostats and -10* fan mod were not attempts to curb detonation by controling engine tempuratures as much as they were early bandaids for our iat problem. these mods helped (slightly) because the stock i/c circuit and engine cooling circuit were tied together. there's no reason to want your fan to cool your engine water temps below 180*, especially if one has already split the two cooling systems. i highly doubt there's any additional power to be had by keeping the engine water temp below 180* and i would bet that it would actually create a new set of problems if you did.

but like i prefaced...imho.
I gotcha.....

Originally Posted by beauphus

That is a MONSTER!
But will it fit in an E55?

Old 09-05-2010 | 12:18 AM

CLS55 & CL CK60
I gotcha.....

That is a MONSTER!
But will it fit in an E55?

no not that i am aware of. somebody needs to put some heat on MBH to come up with a solutions. this thing is awesome!
Old 09-05-2010 | 12:54 AM

E55 AMG Kompressor
Yea i need a good cooling set up i just raced a sliver clk 63 black on a hot day here in sydney australia my car is stock 03 55k we raced on the roll. it was neck and neck in second and in 3rd i started to edge in front slowly then we had to back off. i was very suprised i thought they would be alot faster then my stock 55k since they are lighter and claim more hp then my 55k.

It was a hot day when we raced my car was at max operating temp wish i had a good cooling set up i think i would have opened up a nice gap