Sponsored by:

Two M5s in one night!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
Two M5s in one night!

So I went out to my old stomping grounds to meet up with Bassn_07 to do my 60-130 run. He is always telling me about kill stories with vettes, gto's and more importantly M5s. Sure enough as soon as we get on the freeway an M5 enters right in front of us. We lined up and I let him get the jump and I cleared him right away. I don't know when he shut it down but I had a few car lengths on him, maybe Alan had a better view.

Sadly I was slowing down to get another line up and didn't pay attention to the exit. He exited at the off ramp that I needed but I couldn't get over on time. So I missed my exit and possibly more runs with him but to my surprise though I see some angel eyes coming up in the mirror. This time it was a black M5 wanting to play! The results were the same but I was none the less thrilled to have two great cars within 2 minutes apart! Talk about popping my cherry!

Oh and on the way home I got a stock E55, so all in all a good night. If you need to have some safe fun just go visit Bassn_07 he seems to attract it! 60-130 time was 10.26, I only did one run and we tried a new technique out with out downshifting to see if wheel spin effects the time or not. On a side note I learned I run 8 - 10 degrees above ambient when cruising with just a code 3 HE and stock bosch pump!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
Nice. What are your mods?
E60 M5's I presume?
Old 09-18-2010, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
So I went out to my old stomping grounds to meet up with Bassn_07 to do my 60-130 run. He is always telling me about kill stories with vettes, gto's and more importantly M5s. Sure enough as soon as we get on the freeway an M5 enters right in front of us. We lined up and I let him get the jump and I cleared him right away. I don't know when he shut it down but I had a few car lengths on him, maybe Alan had a better view.

Sadly I was slowing down to get another line up and didn't pay attention to the exit. He exited at the off ramp that I needed but I couldn't get over on time. So I missed my exit and possibly more runs with him but to my surprise though I see some angel eyes coming up in the mirror. This time it was a black M5 wanting to play! The results were the same but I was none the less thrilled to have two great cars within 2 minutes apart! Talk about popping my cherry!

Oh and on the way home I got a stock E55, so all in all a good night. If you need to have some safe fun just go visit Bassn_07 he seems to attract it! 60-130 time was 10.26, I only did one run and we tried a new technique out with out downshifting to see if wheel spin effects the time or not. On a side note I learned I run 8 - 10 degrees above ambient when cruising with just a code 3 HE and stock bosch pump!
Good night! Hope your not just stock with cooling!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:29 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by E55Dimon
Nice. What are your mods?
E60 M5's I presume?
Yes E60s, I have 180 asp pulley, code 3 HE, VRP HEM's, mid section and x pipe with a custom tune from Jeremy. Also for that night one fast Asian passenger.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
AMG FTMFW!! BMW suck it! Oh wait, this isn't youtube. Nice kills Mike.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Nice!! I was trying to race one last night but he didn't want any piece of the AMG.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

Haha...I was glad that you finally got a chance to taste what I get almost daily. It's really amazing the kind of cars my E attracts, I guess it just looks slow.... I raced a CLS, E55, Vette's, GTR, Lambo, M5's, Porsche, and M3's. Of course not in one night but over a course of time. I really try not street racing but once in Mexico all is good...!

Mike's car ran a 10.2 with IAT's going to 170 degrees at the top of 3rd and pulling 4-6 degrees of timing. To me that's not bad at all and once we resolve his IAT issue up top his car will be running much faster. He didn't mention that he drove over an hour to my house, raced 2 M5's, and went directly to the spot for the 6-130 run. All though his IAT's recovered to normal operation temps very quickly. Hopefully we'll get a few more mods done to his car before famoso and bring it to a new PB.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Old 09-19-2010, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 141 Likes on 52 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)

See, that is the difference in living in California, and living in Indiana. You see multiple M5s and an E55 on a single drive. We hardly ever see either of those in an entire month! I was stunned to see an E55 last week, because most people around here drive pretty boring cars.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:52 AM

His wife crazy
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
See, that is the difference in living in California, and living in Indiana. You see multiple M5s and an E55 on a single drive. We hardly ever see either of those in an entire month! I was stunned to see an E55 last week, because most people around here drive pretty boring cars.
Yup, in CA. MB and BMW vehicles are common, like Ford and Chevy everywhere else.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:07 AM

2012 JDM
Where are you in Indiana? We do some drives here every now and then...
Old 09-22-2010, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
The only thing common in central Indiana are pimply faced kids in Mustang GTs with loud exhausts and the occasional ricer.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:26 AM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Originally Posted by cal1
The only thing common in central Indiana are pimply faced kids in Mustang GTs with loud exhausts and the occasional ricer.

dont forget the *cough cough* stock m6's trapping 120's
Old 09-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
nice kills
Old 09-22-2010, 01:19 PM

2012 JDM
Originally Posted by Infiniti
dont forget the *cough cough* stock m6's trapping 120's
HILARIOUS! And what aftermarket part(s) are you insinuating I have with your *cough cough* remark? Or are you just upset that you got called out in your post in the other thread? I'm guessing the latter.

To the OP-- nice kills.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Originally Posted by cahiil55k
AMG FTMFW!! BMW suck it! Oh wait, this isn't youtube. Nice kills Mike.
You ameican suck ***, and MB is crap, you suck, My donkey faster you big ****!!

Oh wait.. Not You Tube.. NM

How are you data logging?
Old 09-22-2010, 02:18 PM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Originally Posted by J 2OOI
HILARIOUS! And what aftermarket part(s) are you insinuating I have with your *cough cough* remark? Or are you just upset that you got called out in your post in the other thread? I'm guessing the latter.

To the OP-- nice kills.
just havin some fun talking about your godly stock m6 haha. nah im not upset man it was all in good fun. i just never seen or herd of an m6 trappin 121 stock

Originally Posted by Bramage
You ameican suck ***, and MB is crap, you suck, My donkey faster you big ****!!

Oh wait.. Not You Tube.. NM

How are you data logging?
LMFAO!!! bramage your the funniest guy on this forum man
Old 09-22-2010, 04:03 PM

CLS55
Nice kills! I just roasted one on I-75 here in Dallas last week!