Saw a benz put down crazy numbers on dyno today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
The whole point of this thread was to show everybody that dynos dont mean much and comparing dynos is not smart. I see it happen all the time, compare one cars peak numbers with anothers. I'm sure one of the settings was off or something in the dyno. Again, I dont believe the numbers.
So you fancy yourself Mr Miyagi now? w/trying to spin this off as a training excercise Really Ahmad
Old 09-19-2010, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Guys, I only read the first post so I am commenting on that alone.
Is this CPE's dyno?
If so this thread is meaningless as they have been having issues with that dyno calibration.
They are working on it, but I don't think I would trust either hp or torque...afr maybe.

Charles Speed6 put down like 500 ft/lb's and ran a 13.5 at MIR on Friday.

That fan is kick as though
Old 09-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by skratch77
I just showed you a dyno that was set up to run 3rd gear on a e55,we put in the numbers and drove the car to 3000 rpms and held it there to set the dyno up and looked what happened when it ran in second gear lol

in 3rd the car put down 450ftlb 390whp in second it put down 627ftlb!!!
Like you said it was in 2nd gear. This was in 3rd
Originally Posted by Karlson
Ahmad, I just can't stop laughing! seriously, 683whp and 774wtq is REAL, I saw that with my own eyes, so I don't know why you blame it on a dyno. That SL got all Renntech goodies and still had low numbers, so if it were all three cars had crazy numbers than I would believe that dyno is wrong. 2nd car was mine and 608ftlb is a lot, and I am sure it was a little off, but still. Sl63 had low numbers, mine was about okay, but "this other benz" guy had the monster car, so I don't know why are you complaining!
I told you what was gonna happen lol. Wanted to post for ****s n giggles. Alot of people provided the ****s and I just giggled lol
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Is this CPE's dyno?
If so this thread is meaningless as they have been having issues with that dyno calibration.
They are working on it, but I don't think I would trust either hp or torque...afr maybe.

Yup
Old 09-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Thericker
So you fancy yourself Mr Miyagi now? w/trying to spin this off as a training excercise Really Ahmad
Think what you want. I told several people about it before I posted. Why dont you go run your car and quit yappin your mouth
Old 09-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
I'm not saying this to call out anyone, more so as a general statement. Its just as important to have a good, knowledgeable, dyno operator. When cars are putting out diesel F350 power numbers. Its a red flag.

I may have the paint, canvas, and bushes, but it doesn't make me Bob Ross.

On the flip side, dyno numbers are important. On a good machine with a good operator and tuner. It just about always means you will be faster at the track. Having the ability to do part throttle tuning is IMO just as important to tuning WOT. You might have a great track car under WOT, but if going to the corner store is a pain in the butt. You've got some issues.

With the correct equipment, you can hold the car under load at a set RPM range. In fact tuning the car ever 100 or so RPMs if needed. That is something you really can't do at the track or on the street. IMO, it makes some dyno's worth their weight.

Last edited by MBH motorsports; 09-19-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Again... the whole point was to show all the people that put stock in dynos that they dont show the whole story
Old 09-19-2010, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pinto
drama like always
Old 09-19-2010, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 155 Posts
SL55, S500
What kind of 55 was it? What was the model of the car?
Old 09-19-2010, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
This is my opinion and it is at best just a guess at what could've happened:

First.... from what we know about E55k engines since their introduction until today, which is roughly 8 to 9 years now, is that 99% of all modded E55k engines with all the known bolt-ons and cams (having quality parts that are properly installed and properly tuned) usually dyno somewhere between 500 and 550 rwhp. Yes we have a couple of exception cars that were able to get close to 600 rwhp but on an extremely low-reading dyno, almost all E55k cars fall under the 550 rwhp mark. Having a car that dynos almost 135 rwhp extra is definitely out of the ordinary.

Given the above information, I would think that it is more likely that there was an fluke or error from the dyno machine or caliberation software than having someone discover a secret bolt-on part that adds over 130 rwhp and even more torque For what it's worth, when I dynoed my car one day at a Mustang dyno, previous cars dynoed okay but my car dynoed at 500+ rwhp (100% stock). I'm not sure what causes these variations and I'm not technical enough in dyno operation to explain possibilities, but I do know that it happens and have witnessed countless of times on different machines and different cars. So I do agree with you Ahmad that dyno numbers are just not the absolute authority. Track numbers or real-world live condition numbers are much more reliable. As many have said before, dynos are good for comparing the effects of mods given that you try to fix all other conditions except the mod you are changing.

Please note that I'm not saying it is not possible, I'm merely guessing that it is imporabable.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 09-19-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Went to a shop today where a tuner was tuning a few benzes. It was a nice AWD mustang dyno with a reallyyy nice fan supposedly able to simulate up to 80mph driving conditions.

Is 683whp extreme low hp to you? I saw them enter the correct curb weight. How does strapping a car down tight effect the numbers? Since I dont care much about dynos I never really paid much attention to the factors that go into the numbers

Take it out for a spin and the thing spins tires HARDDDD at 50mph and just keeps spinning em until you let off the throttle. Hmmm. At that point I say the only way I believe that number is if I see a 1/4 mile pass. So we slapped some drag radials on it and rushed to the closest redneck track.
Guy just admit you didn't know what you were talking about & asked the board why? how? who? Instead of trying to turn it around on me or into SUPPOSED Dyno test for us morons , you thought the car was a FREAK plain & simple, to the point you ran out & road shot-gun, swapped rad's on tried to 1/4 it etc...

Then defended your 1st post by making more incorrect guesses/assumptions on other cars run @ same dyno WTF? I could give a rats *** about impressing you or driving 5 hrs roundtrip to Famoso (closest 1/4 to me) in 90-100+ degree heat

I saw them enter the correct curb weight. How does strapping a car down tight effect the numbers?
But, why such a discrepancy between the hp on the cars if the settings were the same for all three cars?
You still continue to defend the dyno today? WoW!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz Like you said it was in 2nd gear. This was in 3rd
Really 3rd gear huh? Is that where ALL the low end Torque is

The dyno operator says he wants to see how much torque the car makes down low since peak torque is made at low rpms in these cars and then falls off as rpm goes up.
Again... the whole point was to show all the people that put stock in dynos that they dont show the whole story
Yeah right..

Think what you want. I told several people about it before I posted. Why dont you go run your car and quit yappin your mouth
I tried to go before Summer temps hit, bought brand new Drag/tire/wheel/spacer setup installed it, bought $75 worth of race gas etc.. & my Coil packs took a *****.. I'll go when I go, quit your yappin'....

Last edited by Thericker; 09-19-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Is this CPE's dyno?

then just lets close this thread, that was cpe dyno

Last edited by Karlson; 09-19-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55

Yeah right.

oh man, you seriously over reacted. I made Ahmad(blackbenzz) to post this thread just to show all the people that put stock in dynos that they dont show the whole story. It was my idea to post this thread, but I would never expect so much negative and hate comments on this thread.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Guy just admit you didn't know what you were talking about & asked the board why? how? who? Instead of trying to turn it around on me or into SUPPOSED Dyno test for us morons , you thought the car was a FREAK plain & simple, to the point you ran out & road shot-gun, swapped rad's on tried to 1/4 it etc...

Really 3rd gear huh? Is that where ALL the low end Torque is
If only you knew how stupid you sound right now I thought the car was a freak huh? To the point that I "road" shotgun What if I told you I've driven this car down the 1/4 prior to this tune/dyno and I guarantee it would wax that SL you think is so fast Why don't you call the tuner that's listed in your sig and see what I said about this cars dyno numbers? I said there is no friggin way those numbers are right. Repeatedly

I travel about 4hrs round trip to go to MIR and have travelled upward of 22hrs round trip to run. Luckily I wouldn't let a bad coil pack keep me from the track, I've had to fix much worse.

I said low rpm torque moron. Yes these cars make the most torque at low rpms (regardless of gear) but surely you already knew that from all the online dyno studying you have done right? haha So if you start the dyno pull at 3000rpm+ you wont get the true max torque reading since it is likely somewhere below that rpm.

Not gonna waste my time arguing with you any further. Several people were there and I talked to others about it and they know how I feel about the numbers. It is also well established that I put no weight in dyno numbers and only care about the dyno that doesn't lie... the 1320'

You can continue calling people out on stuff like you are some kind of know it all while the rest of us sit back and laugh or you can learn from others and be productive. I will be at the track running my car but I'm sure you will just continue to run your mouth.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
.......I think I know the car that made those crazy numbers and the car is no slouch. Given the car's previous et's a counter argument could be made that this latest dyno, while it may or may not neccessary accurate is more representative of the car's power output than previous dyno numbers. Otherwise, it would mean that the car potentially could go faster in the 1/4 than it has done in the past. That will be amazing!

Ted
Old 09-20-2010, 11:20 AM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
awesome!

If only you knew how stupid you sound right now I thought the car was a freak huh? To the point that I "road" shotgun What if I told you I've driven this car down the 1/4 prior to this tune/dyno and I guarantee it would wax that SL you think is so fast ***********hahahahhahahah****** Why don't you call the tuner that's listed in your sig and see what I said about this cars dyno numbers? I said there is no friggin way those numbers are right. Repeatedly

I travel about 4hrs round trip to go to MIR and have travelled upward of 22hrs round trip to run. Luckily I wouldn't let a bad coil pack keep me from the track, I've had to fix much worse.

I said low rpm torque moron. Yes these cars make the most torque at low rpms (regardless of gear) but surely you already knew that from all the online dyno studying you have done right? haha So if you start the dyno pull at 3000rpm+ you wont get the true max torque reading since it is likely somewhere below that rpm.

Not gonna waste my time arguing with you any further. Several people were there and I talked to others about it and they know how I feel about the numbers. It is also well established that I put no weight in dyno numbers and only care about the dyno that doesn't lie... the 1320'

You can continue calling people out on stuff like you are some kind of know it all while the rest of us sit back and laugh or you can learn from others and be productive. I will be at the track running my car but I'm sure you will just continue to run your mouth.
its great to see someone else calling out thericker cause he is the biggest online RICER ever talking all godly about a SL he is scared to run because it MIGHT be a huge upset.

Last edited by Infiniti; 09-20-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Infiniti
awesome!

its great to see someone else calling out thericker cause he is the biggest online RICER ever talking all godly about a SL he is scared to run because it MIGHT be a huge upset, and he dosent have enough time to go run cause his personal life is spent on MBW. but all this is hypothetical.
Touche'
Old 09-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
You & I have traded paint in the past, this is NO differernt except you're totally trying to bluff your way out of sophmoric ramblings... I'm over it Enjoy have a good wknd w/Angie
Leave her out of this

Last edited by blackbenzz; 09-20-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:15 PM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Touche'

alright alright, since you came back with such a humble reply i'll edit my first post.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Leave her out of this
He couldn't say anything else after he found out that Jeremy was the tuner on Saturday
Old 09-20-2010, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Karlson
He couldn't say anything else after he found out that Jeremy was the tuner on Saturday
Quite the contrary, I honestly didn't know Jeremy had touched this car until your post...

I know I get cotroversial, but if you re-read the thread from the get, you'll see I respectfully answered Ahmads Dyno Q's UNTIL he called me Stupid/Moron & told me to quit my yappin' my mouth etc..

Please show me WHERE I was being hatefull/etc in those 1st retorts, I was honestly trying to answer the Qs he posted to the board

Re-read post # 14
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
First pull was done normally. People were added to the trunk and straps were ratcheted tighter for the pull afterwards where it spun tires.

Why are you trying to argue with me? I've said time and time again dyno numbers dont matter, 1/4 mile does. I think I've gone out and ran my slips numerous times. Ive never posted any dyno graphs. You must have missed the whole going to 1/4 mile part. Speaking of which, when are we ever getting any times out of your car?
I'm NOT trying to argue w/you, you asked/posted
Soooo.... Do you guys believe in dynos? I am in shock at this point. All I keep murmuring is "impossible, that cant be, no way". Keep in mind this car had no nitrous, no icing down, and 93 octane.
I merely was answering your questions on Dynos... No 1/4 miles as you know, she's a dyno queen/street racer

Re-read what I posted earlier, wasn't trying to argue, you asked for answers I gave mine.. It's all good guy

Don't get bent I'm just relaying what I've pain-stakingly learned thru the years studying dyno's here & around the web/in person etc...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember these posts They were ALL posted/meant w/RESPECT you TOOK them different, like "How dare you argue w/me" NOT the case..

Last edited by Thericker; 09-20-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Infiniti
alright alright, since you came back with such a humble reply i'll edit my first post.
I give it & take it... When/If I see *****s gone too far I'll humbly back off etc..
Old 09-20-2010, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Leave her out of this
You have PM, I'm really trying here so please do likewise... My temper is admittedly short..

You said we're ALL laughing @ you (I know/heard you 2 are now dating, obviously assumed she was w/you laughing etc) So I said "Have a nice wknd w/Angie" WASN'T FOLLOWED w/ANY Evil/Mean SMILEY's etc..

NOTHING ELSE, take it how you wish...

Last edited by Thericker; 09-20-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Airline miles ring a bell?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by lowphat
Airline miles ring a bell?
lol my Noga STILL to this day (1) off the BEST entertaining threads EVARRR...
Old 09-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
We were talking cars and you made it personal. You are as classless as they come. Yes your posts were dbag comments. Go look back and read your posts PRE editing. You edited every one of your posts and they are still standoffish and demeaning. No excuse for bringing her name into this. Justify it to yourself however you want, it just shows what kind of person you are

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Saw a benz put down crazy numbers on dyno today