Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

55k Engine oil pressure sensor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 02:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
55k Engine oil pressure sensor?

Since i have swaped engine my self, i didnt found any engine oil pressure sensor (except oil level/temp/quality sensor in oil pan). So is there any oil pressure sensor in 55k engine? If not, why not? Is there any oil pressure warning light in instrument cluster? How can driver know if there is good oil pressure if there is no sensor installed??

I need oil pressure info really bad since i will be starting new engine today and i would like to know if oil pressure is good....Any tips?
Old 09-23-2010, 06:29 AM

Hmm, doesnt really nobody from engine enthuziasts here know for sure if our W211 E55 engine do have engine oil pressure sensor or not and how can we know if we have good oil pressure when driving our car?? I really need that info.....So please, anyone??
Old 09-23-2010, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
There is no pressure sensor on our cars.I know its crazzy that we don't have one but i asked the tech at the dealer and he said mb hasn't had an oil related failure in forever so the stopped using a pressure sensor.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by skratch77
There is no pressure sensor on our cars.I know its crazzy that we don't have one but i asked the tech at the dealer and he said mb hasn't had an oil related failure in forever so the stopped using a pressure sensor.
Thanks man! And yeah, that is exactly what my benz dealer told me yesterday. Only way to monitor 55K engine oil pressure is with oil barometer connected to oil filter housing.
And yes,having no oil pressure monitoring device in our car is crazy to say at least.

Anyway,since i dont have that barometer, i have cranked my new installed engine (with fuel pump relay disconexcted) for half a minute and then open oil filter cover to see if oil had circled around. And yes, there was plenty of oil, so i reconnect fuel pump relay and for first time start the beauty. Man that was better then any drug She runs like a heaven. Only thing that i have noticed is lifter noise for few seconds each new start. Is that normal?