New to E55 ownership - couple of questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 08:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
New to E55 ownership - couple of questions

Hello all-

Just picked up an E55 on Friday. Wired funds and had some family members pick it up and garage it until I have a chance to go pick it up.

Car is an 05 with 44k miles, CPO'd and with existing warranty through 7/11. The dealer that services the car said that I could extend the warranty at any point before 7/11 for $2750 for 12 mo or $5450 for 24 mo.

I was wondering if I'd be effected by the removal of Chrysler warranty coverage [see: https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...y-policy.html].

Secondly, I was wondering if there were any TSB's or Recalls that wouldn't have been conceivably fixed when the car was CPO'd, or have been recently released. I'd like to take the car to get everything done immediately when I take delivery if anyone foresees benefit in doing this.

Just trying to protect my investment. I did a title search for "new" and "bought" looking for a New-To-E55 thread but couldn't find one. So if there is one, I'd love to be directed there.

Overall, extremely excited to be picking up an E55. Sold the Boxster I had been DD'ing back in June, and have been looking for the right car since then. This car is the second one I found worth buying, but the first one that was priced appropriately.

If anyone has advice for me, please contribute!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Im not sure what you mean by the Chrysler warranty, and the cancelation link does not work. If this is a CPO from a MB dealer, take the extended coverage, and buy as much as you can. The AMG's are hard to get coverage on, and although they are fairly reliable, things that break cost a fortune.

Enjoy your new ride!!

In terms of recalls, ask the dealer for the entire service history. I would expect that CPO would have completed any work in this area, but they will give you the servcie records, and this will confirm
Old 09-26-2010, 10:32 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Thanks for the response.

Sorry, that link was here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...my-policy.html
Old 09-30-2010, 10:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'21 GT4, ‘11 C63 P31, ‘04 VW .:R32, '88 Chrysler Conquest TSi, ‘15 Ram Longhorn, '
Shop around for extending the CPO prices, the are way too high. The extra 2 years retails for $3995.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:35 AM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by Boughtittwice
Shop around for extending the CPO prices, the are way too high. The extra 2 years retails for $3995.
Thanks.

I would really like to keep my warranty through MBUSA as opposed to a third party, but EasyCare only costs $3k for 3 years, and my rep at my local speed shop has assured me that it will cover everything conceivable.

But there's something about having it through MBUSA that's mentally calming...