W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys you pick for me 168 or 175

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
Originally Posted by brad @ evosport
Nice to know sarcasm is still rampant on this site. This attitude is so distasteful to professionals that most will never post. Is that what you want? A site full of unsubstantiated information from users with no input from the manufacturers?

You may not know, but I co-founded and built this site from the first day. Way before we had evosport. I have done more for this community than anyone else save perhaps Mr. Vanos (my partner). So in the end, you can believe what you want - it is a free market system. Just don't say you were not warned about a design flaw with a particular style of pulley. (And yes, just because a lot of people do it a certain way does not make it right or safe).

Simple rule of thumb is to follow the money. I bet that there is more profit in any of the pinned designs then we have in our clean sheet damper. I would think that most rational reasonable people would wonder why certain companies like evosport and Brabus do something in a manner that is more expensive, more complicated and less profitable. I think that you can figure out that answer.

Thanks
Brad
BRAVO Brad! Well said.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:47 AM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None fast enough!
As far as cost, people are comparing apples to oranges.

For $2495, you get a crank pulley, accessory pulleys AND software. People compare that to the crank pulley only price of others.

If we were to sell a crank pulley only kit (which we don't like the idea of doing), it would be closer in price to the 63 pulley which is $995.

thanks
Brad
Old 10-04-2010, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
As far as cost, people are comparing apples to oranges.

For $2495, you get a crank pulley, accessory pulleys AND software. People compare that to the crank pulley only price of others.

If we were to sell a crank pulley only kit (which we don't like the idea of doing), it would be closer in price to the 63 pulley which is $995.

thanks
Brad
So Brad, let me see if I have this one straight for $2495 I can get the following:
Evosport Crankshaft Pulley 175/180
Evosport Power Steering Pulley
Evosport Alternator Pulley
Evosport Waterpump Pulley
Evosport ECU Tune
Belt & Bolt?

But if I wanted all of the above minus the tune it would be $1995

Or if I wanted just the Evosport 175/180 crankshaft pulley (which I know you dont like doing) it would be "around" $995?

How about a Crankshaft Pulley/ECU Tune ?

you have me thinking about buying a pulley and I don't even want one.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
Just a quick data point. I switched to EvoSports pulley kit headers and tune and I've gotta say that the car is running stronger than the previous pulley/header/tune combo. And not just a little stronger but HOLY CRAP IS THIS LEGAL faster
Old 10-04-2010, 01:07 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
So Brad, let me see if I have this one straight for $2495 I can get the following:
Evosport Crankshaft Pulley 175/180
Evosport Power Steering Pulley
Evosport Alternator Pulley
Evosport Waterpump Pulley
Evosport ECU Tune
Belt & Bolt?

But if I wanted all of the above minus the tune it would be $1995

Or if I wanted just the Evosport 175/180 crankshaft pulley (which I know you dont like doing) it would be "around" $995?

How about a Crankshaft Pulley/ECU Tune ?

you have me thinking about buying a pulley and I don't even want one.
Yes, that is correct.

With the 55K crank pulley kit only would be $1195 (the pulley is more expensive to make then 63, plus you need to run our H20 pulley to clear the larger diameter 175mm)

With all the other accessory pulleys, we will re-package that kit to be $1595.

The full Evo2 with Software is still $2495 (which was just reduced from $2995).

Hope that helps!

thanks
Brad
Old 10-04-2010, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Yes, that is correct.
you need to run our H20 pulley to clear the larger diameter 175mm)
With all the other accessory pulleys, we will re-package that kit to be $1595.

Hope that helps!

thanks
Brad
Slap me if I'm wrong but that's a deal, does that include the new belt & bolt?

EDIT: ok it includes the belt and bolt

Last edited by Hammer Down; 10-04-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:01 PM

2003 E55 K1
Smile

Nice to know sarcasm is still rampant on this site. This attitude is so distasteful to professionals that most will never post. Is that what you want? A site full of unsubstantiated information from users with no input from the manufacturers?

You may not know, but I co-founded and built this site from the first day. Way before we had evosport. I have done more for this community than anyone else save perhaps Mr. Vanos (my partner). So in the end, you can believe what you want - it is a free market system. Just don't say you were not warned about a design flaw with a particular style of pulley. (And yes, just because a lot of people do it a certain way does not make it right or safe).

Simple rule of thumb is to follow the money. I bet that there is more profit in any of the pinned designs then we have in our clean sheet damper. I would think that most rational reasonable people would wonder why certain companies like evosport and Brabus do something in a manner that is more expensive, more complicated and less profitable. I think that you can figure out that answer.

Thanks
Brad
Just for the record, I am not buying the righteous indignation act. "Distasteful to professionals", give me a break. Your attacks on your competitors are clearly self-serving and meant to promote your product and are hardly "professional." I should add that Cory did inform me that there were some early failures of OEM pulleys and that this problem was corrected a long time ago. If you have any evidence of Kleemann or other pulley failures based on the new design let's see it. As far as "following the money", it is not axiomatic that more expensive equates to more reliable. The Japanese proved that a long time ago.

You may very well have a superior product and for the people who paid extra for it, I hope you do. I based my decision to go with Kleemann on the recommendations of the members of this forum, on Kleemann's reputation, and on my conversation with Cory, whom everyone, including you, considers a class act. I would never make my decision based on the BS you have been putting out.

Last edited by Coalman; 10-05-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Coalman
Just for the record, I am not buying the righteous indignation act. "Distasteful to professionals", give me a break. Your attacks on your competitors are clearly self-serving and meant to promote your product and are hardly "professional." I should add that Cory did inform me that there were some early failures of OEM pulleys and that this problem was corrected a long time ago. If you have any evidence of Kleemann or other pulley failures based on the new design let's see it. As far as "following the money", it is not axiomatic that more expensive equates to more reliable. The Japanese proved that a long time ago.

You may very well have a superior product and for the people who paid extra for it, I hope you do. I based my decision to go with Kleemann on the recommendations of the members of this forum, on Kleemann's reputation, and on my conversation with Cory, whom everyone, including you, considers a class act. I would never make my decision based on the BS you have been putting out.
I do not know why you have a bone to pick with them, but i can say Evosport is a vendor & tuner that is a class act. They have some very nice products & support their customers.

He gave his advice, but the way you are going about it, i do not know how you can mention ''class acts'' in your statement with your behavior...
Old 10-05-2010, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Zod
I do not know why you have a bone to pick with them, but i can say Evosport is a vendor & tuner that is a class act. They have some very nice products & support their customers.

He gave his advice, but the way you are going about it, i do not know how you can mention ''class acts'' in your statement with your behavior...
This is like the 3rd time they have bad mouthed every other pulley,They claim that the stock pulley is going to fail ect.

Its not hard to read between the lines.

Like I said SHOW ME SOME OF THOSE FAILED KLEEMANN AND RENNTECH PULLIES.Its also funny that they show a failed pulley that isnt even a e55 pulley.

If MB puts there oem pulley on the mclaren slr I think they know what there doing dont you?

Either way,I have a oem 175 going on the car that was offered for FREE to help me out.Evosport saw this as a way to push there pullies and bad mouthed every other vender on here selling them.