MIR Track Rental Oct. 22nd 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by motorkas
While you would NEVER hear me say those words to describe your driving I did notice you were missing your normal intake of "track grease" today
Well, I had an awful lot of "swing grease" on the golf course yesterday, and with a very early departure and 3 hour commute to MIR this morning, I wasn't feeling 100%

It was great witnessing your PB with your wife and father-in-law. They were just as excited for you, as I was. Awesome time, and there weren't many people hoooking in that lane today. You know it's slick when you see GTRs spinning down the track.

With my new Jeremy (OE) tune and my Marcin-Speedriven TCU tune, my torque limiters are now gone and the car has been given a jolt of HP and TQ. With the track as slick as it was, it's understandable that I wasn't hooking off the line. But what I didn't expect was having to fight the car at full boost in 2nd gear, nearly losing her once. And there's certainly no excuse for me to lose traction at full boost in 3rd gear. There's no way that lane had VHT the entire 1320'.

Spinning through 1st and 2nd, and with a horrible 1.9x 60', I squeaked out an 11.74@120, or something like that. Car needs some sticky meats out back.

Sorry I didn't hang out with most people, and even didn't get a chance to say "HI" to a few people, like DadsC63. I wanted to shake that man's hand. I did see Andy (MHP) out of the corner of my eye once or twice, but he had his hands full with the MHP cars, so I didn't bother him. Most people saw that I had the "wife mod" with me today, so keeping her focused was goal number 1. Since I was having a bad day at the track, we were outta there at 2:00.

Oh well, sometimes it's not in the cards.

Big thanks to Brian too, for providing the sustenance. My wife was crowing about your corn/chick pea/cilantro relish/salad thingy.

Brian's and BT's cars are flying with relatively mild upgrades.

The temps were great for personal bests and records if you could hook. I know Mthis had set a personal best too. Not sure about Dodger . Those damn MHP C63s sound so damn sinister.

Somebody even "hooked" a bit too hard in the drag radial lane, but I'll let him tell the story.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 10-22-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by motorkas
Thanks Alan!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more about the 60's (I remember the formulas being thrown out to show how they correlate to lower ET's) but I really think the headers (and new tune to take advantage of them) were really good for those numbers (at least on my car). I really am curious as to your opinion (on racing, you've obviously walked it and anybody foolish enough to doubt your knowledge on the subject is. . .well. . . foolish) but when I look at the numbers with the same car with two sets of drivers on the same day, same track and COMPLETELY different skill levels it really does lead me to that conclusion...

ME:
Just an OE tune: 12.6 at 114; 2.0 60'
OE box tune and headers 12.2 at 118; 2.0 60'
OE box tune and headers today: 11.74 at 119 1.7 60'

Clayton on the same track, same day(s) with my car:
OE tune: 12.2 at 113 1.7 60'
OE box tune and headers 11.8 at 118 1.7 60'

I understand that the 60's have a huge effect on ET's (as shown by Clayton continually SPANKING me with my own car and adding up to .4 secs) but on my car at least it really does look like the headers were responsible for .4 sec and 4 mph (with all the necessary disclaimers assumed).

The reason that I ask is because right now I'm a BIG advocate of headers for legitimate performances gains - if I'm wrong I want to know so I don't don't give others bad advice (especially since after install this is not an inexpensive mod).

Thanks again for the well wishes and congrads - it really is a blast - I only wish it was easier to get us all on the same coast for a proper AMG blowout!!!!!
With the info you provided your car definitely picked up some nice gains! Numbers don't lie and as long as all info gathered is accurate. I initially just glanced at your times on my iphone and didn't realize you had runs with and without headers with similar 60' times. The only other factor you would need to consider is DA.

I'm just amazed at how fast our platorm is getting.....

BTW...you shouldn't ever feel bad about giving advice on a product YOU believe works and has given you proven performance. You are not held accountable for others decisions, we are all grown men here, at least most...lol.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Nice meeting everyone. Worth the wait Tnx for the food man I dint eat but tnx for the offer and great to meet u and everyone else hello again to the other fellas I met before It was a great day for us 63 group except for Dadsc63 having some issues shifting besides that everyone one of us broke our PB's and it wasn't that great of weather. Mike Didger63 ended up beating the NA record with 11.239 with MHP tune headers airbox tires and cf hood and truck with kW3's slammed and as tight as it gets I ran my PB as well as every other c63 there today big ups to Andy from MHP for the hardware and software best in the biz. This guys products just dominate tune only c63 running 120 plus at 11.6 wow Hopefully there is another nov rental where we can all meet up again in some negative 1000-1500 da so I can get into the 11.2's . Tnx again everyone I'm still on the way home I got the "stig" to drive lol Videos will be up within couple days slips are up for now on the w204 c63 section.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Most important tnx to Ahmad for throwing this track rental tnx bud like the pm said the track rentals you throw get beter everytime Tnx bro
Old 10-22-2010, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
You guys had a great day! Looking forward to the vids
Old 10-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Well, I had an awful lot of "swing grease" on the golf course yesterday, and with a very early departure and 3 hour commute to MIR this morning, I wasn't feeling 100%

It was great witnessing your PB with your wife and father-in-law. They were just as excited for you, as I was. Awesome time, and there weren't many people hoooking in that lane today. You know it's slick when you see GTRs spinning down the track.

With my new Jeremy (OE) tune and my Marcin-Speedriven TCU tune, my torque limiters are now gone and the car has been given a jolt of HP and TQ. With the track as slick as it was, it's understandable that I wasn't hooking off the line. But what I didn't expect was having to fight the car at full boost in 2nd gear, nearly losing her once. And there's certainly no excuse for me to lose traction at full boost in 3rd gear. There's no way that lane had VHT the entire 1320'.

Spinning through 1st and 2nd, and with a horrible 1.9x 60', I squeaked out an 11.74@120, or something like that. Car needs some sticky meats out back.

Sorry I didn't hang out with most people, and even didn't get a chance to say "HI" to a few people, like DadsC63. I wanted to shake that man's hand. I did see Andy (MHP) out of the corner of my eye once or twice, but he had his hands full with the MHP cars, so I didn't bother him. Most people saw that I had the "wife mod" with me today, so keeping her focused was goal number 1. Since I was having a bad day at the track, we were outta there at 2:00.

Oh well, sometimes it's not in the cards.

Big thanks to Brian too, for providing the sustenance. My wife was crowing about your corn/chick pea/cilantro relish/salad thingy.

Brian's and BT's cars are flying with relatively mild upgrades.

The temps were great for personal bests and records if you could hook. I know Mthis had set a personal best too. Not sure about Dodger . Those damn MHP C63s sound so damn sinister.

Somebody even "hooked" a bit too hard in the drag radial lane, but I'll let him tell the story.
Just as an FYI, the track only sprays to the 60' for free. Even the drag radial lane was prepped the exact same way at the same times. This is the exact reason why we keep street tire cars to one lane, they KILL the track prep.

Yea I launched a little too hard and hooked and the axle basically exploded and shot the ball bearings out. Thats why I didnt get to see/talk to some people because I was under the car wrenching for friggin half the day! Cut a 1.51 60' on the pass before
Originally Posted by mthis
Most important tnx to Ahmad for throwing this track rental tnx bud like the pm said the track rentals you throw get beter everytime Tnx bro
Thanks for coming! Yea they tend to have about 40 cars recently. Fun to watch!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Just as an FYI, the track only sprays to the 60' for free. Even the drag radial lane was prepped the exact same way at the same times. This is the exact reason why we keep street tire cars to one lane, they KILL the track prep.
Ahhh, gotcha.

For some reason, I thought they always prepped the whole 1/4 for your rentals. Doesn't matter really, as I'll be hookin' the next time.

Thanks again for putting another successful rental together. If I didn't have my wife with me, I would've climbed under your car with you.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
any pics for people who work?
Old 10-22-2010, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
yea we wanna see the pics
Old 10-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Ahhh, gotcha.

For some reason, I thought they always prepped the whole 1/4 for your rentals. Doesn't matter really, as I'll be hookin' the next time.

Thanks again for putting another successful rental together. If I didn't have my wife with me, I would've climbed under your car with you.
Yea last time both lanes were slick and I got alot of complaints from the big power cars.

When we have pro mod cars and others running they pay for the track to be prepped all the way down. Last time people complained that they took too long to stage so I asked MIR to give us the track exclusively yesterday. Sometimes the track guys are feeling nice since we bring them so much money that they prep further than the 60'. Not sure where it was prepped to today but I definitely believe that the tire lane was slick. I did watch him prep both tracks the same way at the same time throughout the day. Just shows how bad street tires mess up the prep.

No problem, thanks for coming. Haha no worries. Hope you and the wifey had a good time. Sorry about the slick track, if you have any suggestions to make it better I'm always ready to listen
Originally Posted by Karlson
any pics for people who work?
Too busy not working lol. I will post pics here once people start putting them up. Or actually start another thread for pics.