W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headed to dyno for baseline tomorrow... anything I need to know?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 / 13 C63
Headed to dyno for baseline tomorrow... anything I need to know?

Taking my car to get a baseline.

Anything I need to know? I've never dyno'd before ... operator guy typically does American cars.

What all do I need to do to the car? Read about dyno mode? How do I do that? What's this ECU reset?

Also, do I have to turn off ESP? I'm assuming the button will do it or is there anything more I need to do?

Thank you for all the help and feedback..

Next week: drag strip for a couple runs .... don't care for the ET, just the traps!!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by ELITE_KOV
Taking my car to get a baseline.

Anything I need to know? I've never dyno'd before ... operator guy typically does American cars.

What all do I need to do to the car? Read about dyno mode? How do I do that? What's this ECU reset?

Also, do I have to turn off ESP? I'm assuming the button will do it or is there anything more I need to do?

Thank you for all the help and feedback..

Next week: drag strip for a couple runs .... don't care for the ET, just the traps!!
Dyno mode:
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...tructions.html

Sneaky ECU Reset:
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...set-works.html

Good luck.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Take some toliet paper so that when they red line it and you crap your pants, you will have something to clean up with..

Post Results.. dyno numbers too
Old 10-19-2010, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Dyno it in 4th and see if they let u dyno it.I just got mine off the dyno but wont post it untill I track it this week.

Your doing it right though.

Baseline with traps is what I did.if she's healthy you should be around 460ftlb and 405whp.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 / 13 C63
It's like a rain blizzard here, so I'll be waiting for another day ...

Also, is the sneaky ECU reset a must after you dyno?

Does it actually work? There seems to be a split from members about whether there's a real, actual difference in the way the car drives/accelerates.
Thanks
Old 10-19-2010, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Sneaky just resets tranny adaptations and won't do anything for your dyno numbers but works incredible for 55 owners only. Not 63s....different tranny. Just about every single person on the forum that drives a 55 has the car setting them up in "granny settings" (in some form or another) on the tranny since most of us just drive the car in day to day traffic. Sneaky resets those shift patterns and for some can be a huge improvement. For guys that really beat the crap out of their cars, it will be less of an improvement, for guys like me, (casual driving mostly with occasional kills and thrills), it's dramatic.

To avoid being embarrassed at the dyno, practice getting it into dyno mode a few times in the garage. AMG's tend to bring people out of the woodwork to watch on the rollers and if you can't get it into dyno mode, your gonna be humiliated.

Most important, watch his face when he looks at the numbers and sees the MOUNTAIN of torque AMG throws at you at like 2500rpm. It's priceless.

Last edited by Jakpro1; 10-19-2010 at 12:46 PM.