W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Car is sitting lop-sided in driver side rear??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by ELITE_KOV
Dealer called this morning and said car was ready ... picked it up ... washed the car and wheels, vaccumed the entire interior and trunk. Nice!

Car has been fixed, FINALLY. Looks perfect and ride so much smoother now ... I thought it was smooth before.

They also bled the brake system ? Is this necessary when doing this or maybe they checked something and thought brake system should've been bled?

Also, said fuel tank drained and refilled?

This was all on the dealer invoice ... no cost for me, just wondering what all they did besides the airmatic driver rear.
Consider where the rear airmatic suspension is located, and it explains the other work...they have to access the airmatic by disconnecting brake lines and dropping the fuel tank, thus freshly bled brakes & drained/refilled gas tank.

And this WILL happen again, it's a matter of time unfortunately. Just hope it's during your warranty period, it's an expensive repair due to LOTS of labor hrs.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 / 13 C63
Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
And this WILL happen again, it's a matter of time unfortunately. Just hope it's during your warranty period, it's an expensive repair due to LOTS of labor hrs.
I'm planning to extend the original factory warranty (expires on March 31, 2011, so I have about 5/6 months to go).

However, are the airmatic suspension components covered under the MB extended warranty?
Old 10-28-2010, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Yeah, as already mentioned the rears are labor intensive. Because of the reservoir and the tubing (MB says not to undo the lines at the reservoir nipple), they have to drop the rear. There is a DIY way around it (posted on the net.)

And yes, if you are the original owner you can extended the factory warranty (MB ELW.) Otherwise you'll need to work on extending the CPO or get an aftermarket. The factory extended does cover airmatic (and so does the CPO.)
Old 10-28-2010, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 / 13 C63
Originally Posted by 220S
Yeah, as already mentioned the rears are labor intensive. Because of the reservoir and the tubing (MB says not to undo the lines at the reservoir nipple), they have to drop the rear. There is a DIY way around it (posted on the net.)

And yes, if you are the original owner you can extended the factory warranty (MB ELW.) Otherwise you'll need to work on extending the CPO or get an aftermarket. The factory extended does cover airmatic (and so does the CPO.)
I am not original owner, but I bought from original owner with the balance of the original factory MB warranty remaining until 3/31/2011. I definitely plan on extending with their extended policy.

I think the longest MB covers their cars is 7 year/100K, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Having said that, the longest extension I could get through MBZ is 3 years/75 or 100K, correct?