Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Originally Posted by TruTaing
Dangit.. yall got me paranoid w/ my vrp shorties
Don't worry I made this thread so members who have these headers are "aware" of what's happening! Just double check and make sure everything is ok, because you have nothing to lose anyways!
Old 10-29-2010, 02:58 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by beauphus
tell hooleyboy to get off his lazy a$$ and make u a set of LT's!

LMAO!

I was ready to go. I had my buddy's S55 all lined up. However he owns a pool company. i hired him on to fix my pool and then keep it clean. Well i hate to say it but his company sucks. And I let him know that. So he pulled out of the header deal. We have since patched up our friendship. However my pool is still green and now I dont have headers for a S55. I would have done it in a heart beat. Now if i just hired the guy my Pop's recommended... I would have a clean working pool and S55 headers. "Coach, throw me the ball i swear i won't drop it!" LOL.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Haha...what's up Q!!!

Yeah, I must say that headers has some serious quality issues. It's really too bad IMO because I always felt, and still do, that these headers have performed really well. Actual track time number and not dyno ones. As Mo stated before, these headers shouldn't be purchased due to lack of workmanship and quality of material being used.

I would honestly still purchase this same design if better workmanship, quality, and customer service came along with it. Just my $.02
ditto.

I need a set that are bolt on.. I'm not looking for crazy power, just something that will be a nice fit to the stage 1 config.

Priced about $1k and just about any mechanic can do the work... will be a good selling point.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
the VRP headers were *****. i got mine, and they were the worst quality imaginable. cracks, holes, leaks, welds like crap......i can't even begin to explain how bad they were.

demanded a refund. thank god got some back like 6 months later
Old 10-29-2010, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jturkel
the VRP headers were *****. i got mine, and they were the worst quality imaginable. cracks, holes, leaks, welds like crap......i can't even begin to explain how bad they were.

I thought that was by a different vendor?
Old 10-29-2010, 10:53 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo

ya, I remember that mess. At least you finally got your refund after you already returned the product........months later....
Old 10-30-2010, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport

Interestingly enough the problems seemed to be much more abudant in the C/SLK 32 version of the headers than the 55 ones, but I do remember reading about your ordeal with those headers as well.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
I finally got around to inspecting my VRP shorties. All 8 welded connections on each HEM are fine. Strangely though, the drivers side header is in worse shape than the passenger side. Most of the black coating on the drivers side piece is gone and there are a few small rust spots but no holes as of yet. Luckily I currently live in California with no snow or salt on the roads. I can't see these things surviving through a snowy Midwest/Northeastern winter even with the miniscule amount of salt that gets into the engine bay during Midwest winters.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by cahiil55k
I finally got around to inspecting my VRP shorties. All 8 welded connections on each HEM are fine. Strangely though, the drivers side header is in worse shape than the passenger side. Most of the black coating on the drivers side piece is gone and there are a few small rust spots but no holes as of yet. Luckily I currently live in California with no snow or salt on the roads. I can't see these things surviving through a snowy Midwest/Northeastern winter even with the miniscule amount of salt that gets into the engine bay during Midwest winters.
Continuous inspection (maybe once a year) is the way to go.... just to make sure things are okay
Old 10-31-2010, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Mine (bought from a member here) had no issues whatsoever. I know when I got them resurfaced the guy said that whenever you pull these off you should check them for straightness, and resurface. If you bolt them up and they are out of spec, it puts a lot of stress on the welds. The other thing is to make sure the connecting pipe is oriantated correctly.

Sorry people had issues with these, but it seems like a lot of people have had good gains, and no issues. Im running the PLM's now, and they seem good. No leaks, and I have not seen them fall off and bounce down the freeway...