W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outstanding customer service from Jerry "The Tuning Master" @ Eurocharged!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 04:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
Man, and here I was thinking that Rennlist was a nightmare.

I have a jerry tune and I'm more than happy with it, I know for a fact the timing is safe, fuel is safe and it makes lots of power, all for a great price. I can call Jerry anytime and I get a reflash for free and he's a very nice trustworthy person from my experiance with him, which I cant say about some other tuners out there.

There's always two sides to every blown up motor story I know, but for you guys that want to get every little bit of horsepower out of your cars be prepaired to pay because **** happens every now and again when it comes to playing with any car or any vendor.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I'm not sure why this EC bashing continues either? It is like some 8th grade whinefest and the EC haters want people to join their team. I believe that if you have a blown motor you have the right to post up and state the details like has been done. Let people make up their own mind and do their own investigation. By the same token, why can't people report good things about a tuner without all the negativity and people making them feel like their car is now a piece of crap time bomb which may or may not be true. Let's face the facts, if you buy a car and start messing with parameters the car was designed and engineered for, you must assume some responsibility of the risk it may fail. Just like when some JA gets stopped for 80MPH in a 65MPH and then want's to bash cops and don't they have anything better to do, they need money, they have a quota yada yada yada! If you exceed the speed limit, you must assume you may at some point get a ticket. That is unless you are a complete jerk off!
Personally, every time I have called Jake or Jerry the most important thing to me is they have answered their phones. That to me goes miles. In this day and age with all the poor customer service, here is one company I honestly can say has supurb customer service. I bought a Renntech ELM and had to call for some issues and it was a pain in the *** getting somone on the phone to help me. Im not bashing Renntech but no company is perfect. Not EC, not Kleeman not Renntech ect. Let the people that have had success with Eurocharged post up without all the conflict every time. It is getting a little childish.
By the way, just picked up a CLS55 Kleeman K1 K2, love the car but Jake, shes gonna be heading your way for the exchange. Texas Mile...here we come!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Rocket Boost
Lots of assumptions and bench racing in this comment. Who said anything about peak vs power under the curve? Who said anything about comparing dynos? The peak numbers are not relivant nor is it relivant what someone acorss the country made on a dyno. You're putting words in peoples mouths. Using your same fictional environment. If you took 1 car put it on 1 dyno added mods and dynoed the car again under the same conditions you would have measurable data regarding improvements from mods and where those improvements occurred.....would you not?
Bench racing? Me? Are you serious? Bring that CLS out and see some CLK tail lights
If i have a 1300whp car on the dyno and i take it to the track and i can only manage to run 11's does that mean the tuner/mods or build is not as good as a car that makes 900 and runs 9's? Lets cut the BS.
Quoting peak numbers...
If 98% of you test and tune at the track where are all the time slips? Show me dyno numbers, thats where the real story is told.
You have no time slips... You just have a dyno queen supra

You ASK for dyno numbers. Go away, this place is better without you full throttle Making alias screen names to avoid bans is grounds for perma ban. GTFO

Last edited by blackbenzz; 10-28-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
Okay, this post is getting really out of hand. First of all my apologies Jerry from Eurocharged. My goal here was to let everyone know how happy that I am with the tune (reflash was free), and that the customer service exceeded my expectations.

Regardless what any of you say, I don't think it's wrong for a happy customer to share his/her experiences. That was all that I set out to do.

Jerry, keep working your magic, because as you can see 995 of the people are happy with your work and expertise. The ones making vulgar comments probably drive a Nissan or something anyway. LOL.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bebig1
Okay, this post is getting really out of hand. First of all my apologies Jerry from Eurocharged. My goal here was to let everyone know how happy that I am with the tune (reflash was free), and that the customer service exceeded my expectations.

Regardless what any of you say, I don't think it's wrong for a happy customer to share his/her experiences. That was all that I set out to do.

Jerry, keep working your magic, because as you can see 995 of the people are happy with your work and expertise. The ones making vulgar comments probably drive a Nissan or something anyway. LOL.
No, they actually drive cars that would blow yours away.The are actually also very knowledgeable and have nice cars. Unfortunately they just like different tuners. Making fun of what they may drive will deffinetly not help the thread.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Banned

Eurocharged CLS55 AMG
The ones making vulgar comments probably drive a Nissan or something anyway. LOL.
Or 10 second glorified rolling dumpsters.

I can go build a $400 DSM and run a number but who wants that.

The bottom line is Eurocharged offers great products, Jerry goes above and beyond on every level, and that's all that matters.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
The ones making vulgar comments probably drive a Nissan or something anyway. LOL.

Nissan? You mean something like this? That with only a few mods will destroy every 55K car on the road. That Nissan?

Last edited by pearlpower; 10-28-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by pearlpower
Nissan? You mean something like this? That with only a few mods will destroy every 55K car on the road. That Nissan?

LOL...get that pic. working.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Originally Posted by emoving
LOL...get that pic. working.
I hate it when that happens.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Lots of assumptions and bench racing in this comment. Who said anything about peak vs power under the curve? Who said anything about comparing dynos? The peak numbers are not relivant nor is it relivant what someone acorss the country made on a dyno. You're putting words in peoples mouths. Using your same fictional environment. If you took 1 car put it on 1 dyno added mods and dynoed the car again under the same conditions you would have measurable data regarding improvements from mods and where those improvements occurred.....would you not?
Will you be bringing your CLS to MIR in November?

**EDIT**

Just saw that you're banned again. Nevermind.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 10-28-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
If i have a 1300whp car on the dyno and i take it to the track and i can only manage to run 11's does that mean the tuner/mods or build is not as good as a car that makes 900 and runs 9's? Lets cut the BS.

I dont live my life 1/4 mile at a time. If my car makes the power it should on the dyno and has great street manners thats all im looking for. Beyond what people on these forums will admit to that's what 99% of enthusiasts want as well. If nothing else the lack of track times and other related data proves this point.
First of all I wouldn't want a 1300 rwhp car that couldn't put down the power..... That's right, you don't live your life a 1/4 mile at a time but instead, you live your life by the dyno..... Obviously it's useless arguing with someone like yourself, we obviously have different ideas of where numbers matter. The only bs being offered here is by you.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:42 PM

Bicycle
been a few months since we have had a thread like this, I was starting to think things have changed...

Originally Posted by loungn14
You make a very good point here. If it were not for Jeremy, we wouldn't have pushed so hard to get to where we are now with the tuning. We have unlocked some new potential that we haven't seen any other tuner touch yet! (required a lot of german translation)
So would you say then that your confident that your "new" tunes will make improvements over all other tuners?
What should be expected from someone buying your tune that already has a tuned car, peak power? power under the curve? or are we talking about unlocking something else?
Ive read alot hype from prior customers that had the old tune and cant believe how much better the new tune is. but what I haven't read is what kinda of HP gains there seeing.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:11 AM

Chevy Camaro
Originally Posted by sneakyneon
been a few months since we have had a thread like this, I was starting to think things have changed...

So would you say then that your confident that your "new" tunes will make improvements over all other tuners?
What should be expected from someone buying your tune that already has a tuned car, peak power? power under the curve? or are we talking about unlocking something else?
Ive read alot hype from prior customers that had the old tune and cant believe how much better the new tune is. but what I haven't read is what kinda of HP gains there seeing.
So have posted there graphs when tuned on a mustang dyno. Several haven't made it back to a dyno yet. I am trying to get several of them back to Victoria to compare their last numbers to the new tune. So be patient numbers will start to pop up.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
To me the tune is not so much all about performance at the track, but the fun on the street, the day to day driving and stop light to stop light excell..
Old 10-29-2010, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55Bullet
To me the tune is not so much all about performance at the track, but the fun on the street, the day to day driving and stop light to stop light excell..
I agree that daily drive-ability is something that should matter much more than just numbers at the track. There are a few reasons why I drag my car, one is to measure performance gains from mod to mod, hanging with fellow enthusiast, and the pure fact I just love it. If you really think about it, the 1/4 mile strip is very similar as going from light to light but with just recorded ET's and trap speeds.....

I guess in the end, blinking ESP lights and SOTP isn't enough to satisfy or justify my spending. Once again each their own on how enthusiast measure their gains.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bassn_07
I agree that daily drive-ability is something that should matter much more than just numbers at the track. There are a few reasons why I drag my car, one is to measure performance gains from mod to mod, hanging with fellow enthusiast, and the pure fact I just love it. If you really think about it, the 1/4 mile strip is very similar as going from light to light but with just recorded ET's and trap speeds.....

I guess in the end, blinking ESP lights and SOTP isn't enough to satisfy or justify my spending. Once again each their own on how enthusiast measure their gains.
Could not agree more! I mean you hit the drag strip more than most of us, but when it come down to it, our E55's are our DD's and we have them to put a smile on our face every time we slip in behind the wheel. I too only go to the track to measure how well my new mods work, and to hang out with friends, and family. I like modding my car as a hobbie and something to spend money on, it keeps me happy! I think this should be the case with everyone, no matter which company or tuner he/she goes with...
Old 10-29-2010, 03:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Could not agree more! I mean you hit the drag strip more than most of us, but when it come down to it, our E55's are our DD's and we have them to put a smile on our face every time we slip in behind the wheel. I too only go to the track to measure how well my new mods work, and to hang out with friends, and family. I like modding my car as a hobbie and something to spend money on, it keeps me happy! I think this should be the case with everyone, no matter which company or tuner he/she goes with...
Haha...yeah, last year I hit the strip pretty hard looking for 10's. As for this year, I've only gone a few times due to the fact that my car is pretty much dialed in and I'm done modding. It's time to get back to the bass fishing scene and start fishing tournaments again, now that's a real challenge....

In the end, like you mention, it's all about what you want or need out of your car.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haha...yeah, last year I hit the strip pretty hard looking for 10's. As for this year, I've only gone a few times due to the fact that my car is pretty much dialed in and I'm done modding. It's time to get back to the bass fishing scene and start fishing tournaments again, now that's a real challenge....

In the end, like you mention, it's all about what you want or need out of your car.

Ha! In don't think modding will ever end with you! Hows the modding going with your RV! ha
Old 10-29-2010, 10:20 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Haha... It's time to get back to the bass fishing scene and start fishing tournaments again, now that's a real challenge....

Plus one! We do both though.

Race at night and tournament fish in the day!

Speaking of Tournament fishing, Not only can my wife HANG to 180.4 mph in the mile; She also can sling 5 bass for 30 lbs in the boat! Now that is CUSTOMER SERVICE!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 10-29-2010, 10:49 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by sneakyneon
Hey Sneaky, not following the things have changed comment....but can answer your other questions!

I can't personally say as I have only had our tune on my car. But, we have flashed a good number of customers lately that had tunes from other vendors and they are saying it is a definite improvement. When I personally went from our old tune to the new one, it was a significant difference in drivability, mainly from 2-3 gear and the time it takes to shift gears.

I would say there is power under the curve as well as drivability. We have seen decent gains under the curve and will have dynos and quarter mile times up soon. We found some new things in the tuning that we were able to unlock that really help the driving experience. Mainly tq limiting with the indv gear settings, shift time, shift points etc.

I will ask jerry to do a write up for you. It might be a few days, as he recently had a death in the family.

This is what we were shooting for with the new version!

And Brooke, you really have a keeper there......and the fish is nice too....
Old 10-29-2010, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Holy moses Exotic......now thats a Bass!
Old 10-29-2010, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Plus one! We do both though.

Race at night and tournament fish in the day!

Speaking of Tournament fishing, Not only can my wife HANG to 180.4 mph in the mile; She also can sling 5 bass for 30 lbs in the boat! Now that is CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Nice! I haven't been out on the water in over 12 months due to work. Hopefully I'll start fishing the local circuit here on the Delta.

By chance have you ever caught that elusive 10 lber yet...10's just seems like it's a hard number . I have several in the 9 lb range but never caught my 10.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:04 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Nice! I haven't been out on the water in over 12 months due to work. Hopefully I'll start fishing the local circuit here on the Delta.

By chance have you ever caught that elusive 10 lber yet...10's just seems like it's a hard number . I have several in the 9 lb range but never caught my 10.
My wife is holding a 10.42 in that picture and I have 6 over 10 and 11.36 is my largest to date.. This is Texas!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 10-29-2010, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55

Or maybe we drive cars that are faster and safer than what your driving.It looks like EC has come a long way but what about the people that went threw hell with them?

My first 2 pullies wobbled,my first tune wouldnt get a sticker,my 82mm tb was a joke and nothing fit right,the second tune was lean as **** and still was throwing codes.Then the codes from the tb,then a new pulley thats supposed to be solid but dosnt have a damper.I could go on and I wont say what kleemann said about the file that was on my car.

If your happy with your car congrats,I can totally see why some are chiming in because I have had the same nasty gut feeling they went threw going with eurocharged.

I felt like I was a test car for them

Last edited by skratch77; 10-29-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:38 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by skratch77
Or maybe we drive cars that are faster and safer than what your driving.It looks like EC has come a long way but what about the people that went threw hell with them?

My first 2 pullies wobbled,my first tune wouldnt get a sticker,my 82mm tb was a joke and nothing fit right,the second tune was lean as **** and still was throwing codes.Then the codes from the tb,then a new pulley thats supposed to be solid but dosnt have a damper.I could go on and I wont say what kleemann said about the file that was on my car.

If your happy with your car congrats,I can totally see why some are chiming in because I have had the same nasty gut feeling they went threw going with eurocharged.

I felt like I was a test car for them
wow man....

your 82mm was due to the cable like we talked about. Remember, it was the only thing you didn't try? It had a kink in it at one of the connections.

The new pulley does have a damper, always has. Its internally dampened as shown in the blueprint.

It does suck what you went through, and I will be thre first to admit that is not the type of service that people should go though. We are working tirelessly to do the very best we can in customer service.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Outstanding customer service from Jerry "The Tuning Master" @ Eurocharged!