Sponsored by:

*****Top Mount and Longtubes WHAT?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
So let's talk about cutting it real close! The car is supposed to get shipped today for LA @ 11am and the boys and I stayed up 2 night in a row! Actually had zero sleep haha

The first time we fired the car up since the project started was at 10:15am today! Im super glad we actually ended up pulling it off!

Still some issues we have to sort out in LA but I'm just glad it's done!

Old 11-16-2010, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 AMG GT-R PRO
I just realized these are the first actual pictures of the Top Mounts I've posted!

Old 11-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Gangster! Can't wait to see how she runs!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Looks nutty Q, lets see how she does...
Old 11-16-2010, 10:21 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Congrats on meeting the deadline!

Can't wait for the slips!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
Absolutely Amazing that you finished this build so quick!

Is the meth ready to run or is that for a future date?
Old 11-16-2010, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Originally Posted by lowprofile
Absolutely Amazing that you finished this build so quick!

Is the meth ready to run or is that for a future date?
Meth is already installed, on the surge tanks you can see the dual nozzels thats for the Meth!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Do you think the placement of the meth nozzles may distribute the meth unevenly between cylinders? Interesting decision on intake setup.

Nice work! Came out looking good

Last edited by blackbenzz; 11-16-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
wow - did you have time for some tuning?

I like the design using the OEM style tapered surgetank into the new IC and downpipe sections...

Where have you put IAT/MAP sensors? Dont they both have to be moved post IC for ECU to read right air volume/flow?
Old 11-17-2010, 07:43 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Nice build. Your hearders are top notch and the top-mounts are sick.
Just imagine the whine this thing must make with that filter set up. Please post a clip whenever you have time.

Do you have any plans to get some cool air to that filter? Maybe some tubes from the front, or is a nice hood mod in the works?
Old 11-17-2010, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W218 CLS63 PP
Man, I have to give you mad props for pulling this off. Those Top mounts and LT's look top top notch. I cant wait to hear about your results.

I'm assuming Jeremy will be tuning it once it gets to LA?
Old 11-17-2010, 09:32 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by stevebez

I like the design using the OEM style tapered surgetank into the new IC and downpipe sections...

Where have you put IAT/MAP sensors? Dont they both have to be moved post IC for ECU to read right air volume/flow?
Very Nice Shango! Keep us posted from the track !

Stevebez, you can see in thew picture of the surge tank, that the map sensor is located on the rear of it.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 11-17-2010, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Do you think the placement of the meth nozzles may distribute the meth unevenly between cylinders? Interesting decision on intake setup.

Nice work! Came out looking good
Thanks, at this point we have confidence that the pump and hoses for the meth is fine, so far we have sensors on both sides to monitor IAT temps to make sure they are the same, if they are different then further adjustments will be made!

An Airbox is in the works at this moment, and what we have so far is a mock up of stock pipes from the front of the car "both sides" into a 3.5 Flexi Tube going right in front of the filter. (Looks like a NASCAR)With the deadline to finish the car in time for Famoso that's the best we can do so far. BUT like is said the airbox is already in the works, its just completed yet! (Fiberglass takes time to dry )

R&D R&D R&D R&D

Originally Posted by stevebez

As ExoticMetal pointed out they are at the back of the Top Mounts and they are Post IC.

Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
Nice build. Your hearders are top notch and the top-mounts are sick.
Just imagine the whine this thing must make with that filter set up. Please post a clip whenever you have time.

Do you have any plans to get some cool air to that filter? Maybe some tubes from the front, or is a nice hood mod in the works?
Thanks for the compliments!

We were so rushed to finish and with only 45mins left after the FIRST time of firing up the car and checking if everything was ok, I had to drive from Canada to WA state to deliver my car to the truck driver... haha Let's just say 1.5 hour drive turned into a 30min sprint!

An Airbox is in the works at this moment, and what we have so far is a mock up of stock pipes from the front of the car "both sides" into a 3.5 Flexi Tube going right in front of the filter. (Looks like a NASCAR)With the deadline to finish the car in time for Famoso that's the best we can do so far. BUT like is said the airbox is already in the works, its just completed yet! (Fiberglass takes time to dry )
Originally Posted by RAC3ME
Man, I have to give you mad props for pulling this off. Those Top mounts and LT's look top top notch. I cant wait to hear about your results.

I'm assuming Jeremy will be tuning it once it gets to LA?
Thanks for the comments bud.

Yes Jeremy @ OE-Tuning will be tuning my car. The car is getting transported straight to him!

Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Very Nice Shango! Keep us posted from the track !

Stevebez, you can see in thew picture of the surge tank, that the map sensor is located on the rear of it.
I'll let you know how everything goes, there are still little issues here and there we have to sort out!

Last edited by ShangoAshe; 11-17-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Looking great Quinton.... I may just travel down to LA to attend the tuning session with you guys. I am very impressed with the quality of the work done and level of dedication you've put into this project
Old 11-17-2010, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
That H is going to give your setup a alot of deep bass and a nice rich tone

You did alot of work in such a short amount of time, mad props.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Looking great Quinton.... I may just travel down to LA to attend the tuning session with you guys. I am very impressed with the quality of the work done and level of dedication you've put into this project
Thanks Mo! I'm telling you man, they boys really stepped up to the challenge on this one! While other cars were getting done at their shop, my car was on their hoist and they still pulled it off!

You are more then welcome to join us, I'm still not sure "when" the tune will happen; but, I'll keep you updated for sure!

Originally Posted by chawkins2001
That H is going to give your setup a alot of deep bass and a nice rich tone

You did alot of work in such a short amount of time, mad props.
Thanks man, let me tell you the exhaust is INSANE! You got to hear it in person to understand... It doesn't bark... its just mad V8 tone... Video definitely WILL NOT do justice! haha

Trust me, there were times when I really had doubts whether or not we will finish, but in the end the REAL props should be given to the shop. They truly did an amazing job in an extremely short period of time. With something like this especially R&D they pretty much got everything worked out on the first try! So PROPS TO THEM!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
As ExoticMetal pointed out they are at the back of the Top Mounts and they are Post IC

Got it - nice!

This is a very clever setup... and surprised this layout has not been looked at before.....but if I may ... one criticism...?

The finish of the setup would have been AWESOME if they just filed down the welds a touch and neaten that finish off a bit ... would really just add that extra bit of kudos.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:13 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Jeremy tuned this car will be balistic. Cant wait to see the track results.
Question: What size pulley did you decide to go with?
Old 11-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
I'm around fabrication just about every day. Not by choice so much, but it makes you develop an eye for craftsmanship... And, just by looking at something you know how long something takes to make. Each bend, each test fit, each re-bend, each tack weld, until its just right. I will say this, There are a truck load of man hours, on these top mounts. IMO, it payed off. The fabricator who made these has some talent. There are a lot of things going on with these TMIC.

One thing I've learned, is not to endorse a product until I have put it in my hands... however these TMIC look really friggin good! Really, fantastic work Shango. Making your ideas become reality especially when parts don't exist, its hard to do. You've made that happen and my hats off to you.

Again, really fantastic work to you and all that where involved
Old 11-19-2010, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
WOW!! Can't wait for the result. Sick sick built
Old 11-19-2010, 03:27 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
I'm around fabrication just about every day. Not by choice so much, but it makes you develop an eye for craftsmanship... And, just by looking at something you know how long something takes to make. Each bend, each test fit, each re-bend, each tack weld, until its just right. I will say this, There are a truck load of man hours, on these top mounts. IMO, it payed off. The fabricator who made these has some talent. There are a lot of things going on with these TMIC.

One thing I've learned, is not to endorse a product until I have put it in my hands... however these TMIC look really friggin good! Really, fantastic work Shango. Making your ideas become reality especially when parts don't exist, its hard to do. You've made that happen and my hats off to you.

Again, really fantastic work to you and all that where involved

This is true,

Curtis and Alex at the speed syndicate are amazing to work with.

They built my exhaust by hand and everyday when I get in to my car,

I have this grin on my face on how satisfied I am.

To this day my exhaust is still impressing me by the note.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
I was up at Jeremys today.. He said you were still in town causing trouble

Did you find anything fun to do? Rain sucked today, especially for a 300 mile drive. I hope you make the 4th. I mean, car is here.. right?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Originally Posted by Bramage
I was up at Jeremys today.. He said you were still in town causing trouble

Did you find anything fun to do? Rain sucked today, especially for a 300 mile drive. I hope you make the 4th. I mean, car is here.. right?
Hey man, yah the boys and I are still around causing trouble!

Do you want to meet up tomorrow bud? we'll be here until Monday around 6pm
Old 11-21-2010, 06:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
can someone explain what the diffrence between these and mkb ones ? other than the price of MKB is high !!

Old 11-21-2010, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
Originally Posted by ShangoAshe
Hey man, yah the boys and I are still around causing trouble!

Do you want to meet up tomorrow bud? we'll be here until Monday around 6pm

I was just up for the day, and headed back to San Diego for (ugh) work tomorrow. Are you going to come back on the 4th for Famoso? I sure want to see you fabrication work first hand, and see that bad boy run. Have fun and stay out of trouble!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *****Top Mount and Longtubes WHAT?!