******The EV12....***************

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
I am pushing for it but it looks tough...Marcin has to fly in and dyno tune it, not to mention the custom manifolds to be made. It will be tough man, but if Ahmad gets another one going in Dec I am definitely there.

Ahem......

So, we should see you on the 18th, right?
Old 12-10-2010, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
can I start bustin your ***** again, please?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Ahem......

So, we should see you on the 18th, right?
Not even remotely close. Don't blame me...blame the shop. LOL.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
can I start bustin your ***** again, please?
Please don't papi. It's beena rough week at work.

Honestly though, now I know why Brabus takes nearly 7 months to complete a Bullit or an EV12. I have proof that it takes nearly 6-7 months for them to finish something like this...so I think I am just slighly under their timeline.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Please don't papi. It's beena rough week at work.

Honestly though, now I know why Brabus takes nearly 7 months to complete a Bullit or an EV12. I have proof that it takes nearly 6-7 months for them to finish something like this...so I think I am just slighly under their timeline.
What's the estimated finish date as of today?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
V12Godspeed

been off these forums too long - congrats on the progress with your project - total respect and admiration. Good luck with the development
Old 12-10-2010, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
What's the estimated finish date as of today?
If I answer that question Jay will never leave me alone. As of right now its pretty close but can't put a date on it.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
You gotta take me for a ride in this beast when you come to MIR.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Just an Update....Almost there Gents, Patience for me is key...it makes it easy when there is snow out there. Today we had to bring the motor out to rework and get to the oil lines, heater lines and water lines. Took the chance to change spark plugs and change suppressos on the coil packs since the coil packs go bad easily on these motors. My tech was able to remove the front and engine in roughly 2 hours. He has it down to a science.
Check out the Motor mounts made out of Chrome molly, I am amazed at how this thing is coming together, turbos are mounted already and ready to roll.

Motor goes back up next week with everything bolted up, steadily getting there. Check out the work of art.
Attached Thumbnails ******The EV12....***************-ev12.jpg   ******The EV12....***************-enginebay.jpg   ******The EV12....***************-manifold.jpg   ******The EV12....***************-manifold2.jpg   ******The EV12....***************-motormount.jpg  

Old 01-24-2011, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Just an Update....Almost there Gents, Patience for me is key...it makes it easy when there is snow out there. Today we had to bring the motor out to rework and get to the oil lines, heater lines and water lines. Took the chance to change spark plugs and change suppressos on the coil packs since the coil packs go bad easily on these motors. My tech was able to remove the front and engine in roughly 2 hours. He has it down to a science.
Check out the Motor mounts made out of Chrome molly, I am amazed at how this thing is coming together, turbos are mounted already and ready to roll.

Motor goes back up next week with everything bolted up, steadily getting there. Check out the work of art.
You are my hero.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Looking sweet bro! No patience = failure. Keep it up
Old 01-24-2011, 12:47 AM

2004 E55 AMG

Mannn, that is wicked. Hope it comes together as smooth as possible. People will pay big money for this swap once you get it down to a science.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Thanks for the encouragement! I will have more pictures and probably a video next weekend after they finish the installations.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
looking nice!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
Looking forward to see this Beast
Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
Jody, looks incredible!! That thing is going to be a monster.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
So awesome! Good things DO come to those who wait!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:01 PM

P-Carro
Originally Posted by obsidian05e55
+1..I'm glad its almost there bro! Sucks to see the motor back out after seeing her even running.. Paciencia mano!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I have the utmost respect for you guys taking on this project, we could never possibly do something like this for a customer at our shop. I know how much planning goes into it and how many small little hurdles there are to cross.

Many people think these things are easy but there are so many hurdle to overcome. First you have to fit everything. After that it usually has to come all apart again and then you have to get everything to work. After that you have to figure out how to get everything to work together and you usually, by this point, find some things that you want to change. Then when you get it running there are a bunch of new hurdles to overcome.

Good luck to you, I hope it comes together and works well. I'm jealous about how much knowledge you guys must have acquired by doing this project. I'm looking forward to seeing it run.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
All I can say is JODY IS THE MAN!

Did you modify the stock turbos or did you just go with larger snails? Should be a torque animal...
Old 01-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
watching this unfold is amazing. Great work!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
jody - i cant wait to see this thing at Etown!!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
You are my hero.
Thanks Sun!!

Originally Posted by khelawanb
Looking sweet bro! No patience = failure. Keep it up
You got that right! You know how much patience it took to get your car running as well. How is it going by the way?

Originally Posted by vtecsti
Mannn, that is wicked. Hope it comes together as smooth as possible. People will pay big money for this swap once you get it down to a science.
Thanks man! I am doing it honestly to try something new, not looking to replicate it, the time and effort put into this is truly priceless. Time away from family, sacrifices, etc...just does not add up to $$$

Originally Posted by shardul
looking nice!
Thanks Shardul!

Originally Posted by OXOJE55
Looking forward to see this Beast
Thanks! So am I. Very soon...

Originally Posted by 930chas
Jody, looks incredible!! That thing is going to be a monster.
What's up Bro! your car is a monster as well...700+ Rwhp is nothing to play around with neither....Honestly If i get that much power I am a satisfied camper.

Originally Posted by obsidian05e55
That has been my Moto since day 1. Thank you for reminding me.

Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
+1..I'm glad its almost there bro! Sucks to see the motor back out after seeing her even running.. Paciencia mano!
Thanks Luis!! We were waiting for you yesterday mano!, She is out but its for a good cause. We are finalizing all the little small things.

Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
I have the utmost respect for you guys taking on this project, we could never possibly do something like this for a customer at our shop. I know how much planning goes into it and how many small little hurdles there are to cross.

Many people think these things are easy but there are so many hurdle to overcome. First you have to fit everything. After that it usually has to come all apart again and then you have to get everything to work. After that you have to figure out how to get everything to work together and you usually, by this point, find some things that you want to change. Then when you get it running there are a bunch of new hurdles to overcome.

Good luck to you, I hope it comes together and works well. I'm jealous about how much knowledge you guys must have acquired by doing this project. I'm looking forward to seeing it run.
Thanks man. It has not been easy but we are getting very close to having the little things figured out. Everything is working properly and all the features of the car are working. I am very impressed witht he amount of knowledge we have obtained from this work. The guy who did the wiring and the electronics has a true passion and knows mercedes like the back of his hand, not to mention has the right tools. It is not easy but not impossible neither. I guess where there is a will there is a way. Thanks for the good wishes.

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
All I can say is JODY IS THE MAN!

Did you modify the stock turbos or did you just go with larger snails? Should be a torque animal...
What up bobby!!!! you switch cars like if it was underwears. LOL.. I remember when you had the CLK500...good for you my man.

Turbos are modified, if we came this far we might as well go big or go home. We put in precision 6262's with a T3 housing and a .82 A/R, they are big yes we understand but lets see how it unfolds at this point we are going blindly with these and lets see if they spool soon enough. if not no biggie we will unbolt them and go with something else.

Originally Posted by TruTaing
watching this unfold is amazing. Great work!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by prodigymb
jody - i cant wait to see this thing at Etown!!
What up Mark! i am going to E-town the same day this bad boy runs...even if i have to tow her down the track. LOL. I will let you know when I am going.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Haters crazy
Nice, that thing sounds cammed out
Old 01-24-2011, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S

What up Mark! i am going to E-town the same day this bad boy runs...even if i have to tow her down the track. LOL. I will let you know when I am going.
nice !! let me know for sure. i'll b there to see the Ev12 run !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.