W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS light on after launching with ESP off???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
ABS light on after launching with ESP off???

I launched my E55 tonight at a light with the ESP off and now the ABS light is illuminated. Is this a common problem?
Old 10-31-2010, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
yes this is common, the esp is still partially on even with the switch on. You have to put the car into dyno mode to completely disable the esp. search "dyno mode" and it will tell you how to do it
Old 11-01-2010, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
yes this is common, the esp is still partially on even with the switch on. You have to put the car into dyno mode to completely disable the esp. search "dyno mode" and it will tell you how to do it
NOT what he's asking. He said the ABS light is still on after launching with ESP off so THEREFORE his ABC break system is showing an error.

Take it to the dealer and have your ABC pump checked. I had the error as others have had and it can either be the pump or reservoir. FYI Pump is covered under a 10 warranty, reservoir is not.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
my cars gives the same error after i disconnect the battery, it seems to go away after one engine restart
Old 11-02-2010, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Thanks for the quick responses. The malfunctions all went away after starting the car this morning. Everything seems to be working just fine again other than this supercharger squeak..is it slipping? Should I start looking for a new clutch pack?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by itsfast
Thanks for the quick responses. The malfunctions all went away after starting the car this morning. Everything seems to be working just fine again other than this supercharger squeak..is it slipping? Should I start looking for a new clutch pack?
THe squeak you hear is the SC clutch engaging. If you can live with the squeak it's not an issue but most have found sooner or later the ball bearings break loose inside the pulley housing and rattle around which then obviously requires a new SC pulley clutch pack. If you are not under warranty then there are two routes to go at this point. New pack or just replace the bearing. I was under warranty when mine went so it was a new SC pulley clutch pak for me.