Sponsored by:

E55 vs CLS55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
This is my opinion on the two cars. CLS is definitely a looker. It's just like a hot blond girl-friend that you can't help but look. But the more you look the more flaws you'll find with it.

The E55 is like your wife. It's just a plain old four door grocery getter that you'll look once and move on. But the more you look at it the more you appreciate it.

Just for the record, the CLS is the reason that brought me to the MB dealer in the first place.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 / 13 C63
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
This is my opinion on the two cars. CLS is definitely a looker. It's just like a hot blond girl-friend that you can't help but look. But the more you look the more flaws you'll find with it.

The E55 is like your wife. It's just a plain old four door grocery getter that you'll look once and move on. But the more you look at it the more you appreciate it.

Just for the record, the CLS is the reason that brought me to the MB dealer in the first place.
With your permission, this is officially my sig now
Old 11-03-2010, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab

So the more you look at it the more flaws you see huh! LOL Not a real good analogy. I know several blonds that the more I look I see no real flaws. The same goes for my CLS...oh and for my wife!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Originally Posted by emoving
So the more you look at it the more flaws you see huh! LOL Not a real good analogy. I know several blonds that the more I look I see no real flaws. The same goes for my CLS...oh and for my wife!
Hey Marcus, I love your CLS. Actually the other night, I was up at near your place @ Germain body shop, I saw a beige CLS55 with the K2 badge, body kit, rims, and some wicked looking exhaust. Talked to the guys that worked over there they said the body kit alone is $30K!?! Just wondering if you know the car/guy.

Anyway, back to the topic, there's always exception to the rule. I've made up my mind that my next "fast car" with either be a 911 turbo or a GTR. I bought the E55 not for look, I bought it because "somebody" said I need to grow up and tone down . Unbeknown to that "somebody", the E55 is almost as fast as my previous cars.

Now as far as the CLS go, if you decide to lend it to me for a weekend I will not turn it down.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Hey Marcus, I love your CLS. Actually the other night, I was up at near your place @ Germain body shop, I saw a beige CLS55 with the K2 badge, body kit, rims, and some wicked looking exhaust. Talked to the guys that worked over there they said the body kit alone is $30K!?! Just wondering if you know the car/guy.

Anyway, back to the topic, there's always exception to the rule. I've made up my mind that my next "fast car" with either be a 911 turbo or a GTR. I bought the E55 not for look, I bought it because "somebody" said I need to grow up and tone down . Unbeknown to that "somebody", the E55 is almost as fast as my previous cars.

Now as far as the CLS go, if you decide to lend it to me for a weekend I will not turn it down.
LOL, let me know when you have time and we can get together. I know you do most your own stuff but I have the AMG tech. from a local dealer coming over to do all the fluids and filters in my car.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by emoving
LOL...

I think the CLS is the one you want to sleep with everyday and night and the E is the one you want to cook your meals for you, run errands, and do laundry.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Love the CLS looks. Sexy as hell looking car.

I choose the E for it's sleeper, stealth attributes over the better looking CLS because I've got a heavy foot and I'd rather not encourage the extra attention.

I love my E but I still look at the CLS.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:25 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Car free at the moment
I don't care for the CLS at all. Something about a 4 door sedan with a cramped rear seat and a small trunk just doesn't make sense to me. I always find the CLS front end looks like a fish with it's mouth open. Not workin' for me.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 / 13 C63
Originally Posted by Shadow5501
I always find the CLS front end looks like a fish with it's mouth open. Not workin' for me.
Someone once described he CLS look to me as a "shark"; but that's a little more badass than a fish with it's mouth open